Heavy/Scratch: WIP Articulated Sharkticon

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Grimlock_king, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Ok well It has been some time since I showed you any real progress BUT I am sure that when you look at the picture you will understand just why it has taken so long to do some of the progress.

The legs were taken from a KO fort max, one of them broke while moving so buying a new ko fort max will be no problem to replace it. Though big the legs are I am planning on doing a surprise to the feet.

Yes that is led light in the eye, the other eye will have a led function as well since it will be needed for the figure.

The new tusks were taken from one of those schleich (or how ever you spell that german company) elephant I felt it needed new tusks and wanted to put new ones on to make him look bad ass.

The head now has a eye patch to make him look different and a bit more bad ass. I don't know if I am going to keep the leg cannons but for now they do look pretty cool on him.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    love and hate the use of bumblebee ....
    i need one for bashing

that a finr trick putting the bolts on a blutec..

i'll b watching your progres

3. hater06

hater06 Well-Known Member

it'll be interesting to see where you go with this cuz i have one i'm working on too...

4. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Progress report, I have taken apart the figure re-painted it articulated parts of it, pictures will be put up soon.

5. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

As promised here you go an update on the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided to take the antennas off due to the fact of how bad mine looked and I will be going to the hobby store to try and get some new ones for it. I am also going to get paint for the eyes as well as trying to find something that can help keep the legs in place while transforming him. Also one problem is I tried to use games workshop modeling putty, the only problem is it hasn't dried fully and I was wondering how do I get it to dry.

6. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

any comments on how to help me out here would be much appreciated. Especially on the modeling putty or paint work. I really need to know if there is any spray that can help me make sure that the paint does not chip off when I transform him.

7. hater06

i'm loving the waspinator arms you gave him.... since i'm working on the same fig, do you plan on retaining the original transformation mechanics or are you going a different route?

i'm trying to keep everything as original as possible... check out my thread and let me know what you think!

8. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Thanks and will do hey who knows we may even find parts of one and other to help each other out.

9. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

seems we have two WIP sharkticons at the one time here lol any ones guess who will be finished first.

10. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    only two? ;) 

[​IMG]

11. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

well we now have a third, we're building an army of them 3 different models of the one bot, wow this is kinda cool. I must admit yours is how I wanted mine to look originally but then I just said lets make it classics/universe 2.0 style lol.

12. hater06

argh!! his robo legs!!! how did you do his robo legs!?!?! i been going nuts over that!

13. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I've wanted to do this for ages, but I've never gotten around to it/ didn't want to pay the money for a real Sharkticon toy. Great progress so far. I've never used Games workshop putty. I favor hardware store stuff like Quikwood, Faststeel and Mighty Putty. Have you considered putting the original feet onto the Bumblebee legs? The Bee feet look way too big to me. I used styrene rods for my Sharkticon's antennas, but if you look around you should be able to find something without having to go to the hobby shop. Coat hanger wire would work. Sometimes you can even get lolly pops on plastic sticks that are good for that sort of thing.
    In terms of basic putty advice, if it's not setting you might just need to put it somewhere warm. Check the label and make sure that you mixed it properly, and make sure that it isn't expired. If you want to get a good sharp machined look to it, do your best when you're sculpting it, then when it's set, go back in with sand paper (150 grit, then 300 to polish the surface) and shape in the flat surfaces and angles. I use an exacto knife to carve around the corners. Remember to cut away from your hand. If you flay yourself, I'll deny ever taling to you.

14. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I basically reshelled universe Cyclonus leg joints within the original sharkticon legs and reworked the slide system in the bot body so they extend slightly more than original for more leg articulation, but slide in all the way for alt mode. I also used neoshifter joints for his biceps and elbows on the original arms, and balljointed the head.

Ill get pics of the shark arms later...

15. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Okay managed to get the feet done right and here are some of the pictures I just took but it's not yet finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay so this is the progress so far on it took me majority of the night to do this but yeah. Need to do some paint work still, get some new fangs for him as well as a new fin so its bigger. If any one can give me some advice please do so as I really need some still to figure things out, F_R I'm looking at you for free advice lol.

16. hater06

wow you work fast... several things... first off RIP another SE overkill, i notice you filled the screw holes on the upper part of his legs, you didnt need to do that. i came across the same problem, but i just swapped out the lower portion of his legs so that the arms would face the correct direct when transformed and the screw hole-less side of his legs were facing forwords in beast mode. also it looks like you kept a little too many parts from gnaw when attaching overkills... i'll show you just my bashed leg when i get back from work.

17. hater06

sorry to be a bother but how did you get the ball joints in the upper thigh to connect to the sliding transformation mechanism inside the body?

18. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

well the little blue attachment that slots in side the middle runway I super glued it to the upper part of b'bee's thighs. I cut the piece just above his crotch.

19. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Yeah last night I decided to take your advice there and do that and it does work better I must admit.

Also did some more painting to him so you guys could get a good look at him with some good paint work done to him. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  20. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

so what do you guys think of my paint job so far?