Heavy/Scratch: WIP Another Grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by knyghtmare2021, Jun 12, 2011.

1. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I've had a couple different Movie Style Grimlocks posted here... all of them are kinda like Swamp Castle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They fall over and break, and I rebuild. This is my final attempt, if this one messes up, I'm done with the project. Here's a couple pics, including a digibash of the pretender inspired color scheme.

As you can see, it was built using a KO oversized Classics Grimlock. Out of the box, bot mode stood 8 inches tall. We all know how strangly proportioned the robot is. So, I took all the t-rex parts, and mounted them onto a Neoshifter Torso and legs. (The lower legs just plug right into the Neoshifter legs using the orginal knee mounts for the old thighs, NO MODS!) There are parts from some Bionicle, two junker voyager TFTM Ironhides, the torso/hip section from TFTM Longarm, TFTM Voyager Megatron's lower legs, and the tail from BW TM Megatron. I have a TFTM Leader Optimus Prime head in route for the head.
    Robot Mode is now 10 1/2 inches tall and Dinosaur mode is 13 inches from tip to tail. Enjoy. C&C Welcome

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    do you have some comparison pics with classics prime, or the city commander set?

Looks really good so far, though, I still think grims doesn't like having to wear thigh high ghetto street walker boots.....

3. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Lol. Don't have Classic Prime unfortunately. My collection is mainly Movie, which is where this guy will be displayed. I can post some pics with ROTF Leader prime, but I have to wait for my wife to bring the camera home. Oh, and the boots are knee high now thank you lol

4. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

how is the plastic quality of the KO?

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loving the way this is turning out. Head should be arriving to ya soon. Killer job thus far. Love the idea for the chest.

6. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Plastic Quality is actually pretty good. I don't feel like I'm gonna break it by transforming it back and forth. All the pieces I'm using are almost Hasbro quality.. the original black pieces were a little iffy. The screws holding the pieces together are a little nasty though. The screws that hold the arms on the shoulder pieces (the only black pieces from the KO I'm using) had to be glued in to keep the arms from flopping around.

The chest piece came from a desire to use every piece I reasonably could. Glad that worked out.

I was originally gonna add all sorts of layered panels on the dino parts to get even closer to movie feel... but I think it's pretty damn close as it is.

7. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    Update: The head is mounted. unfortunatly, the project will be delayed until mid September, when I can get some custom hands for him that will not have to be detached for beast mode. I hate parts formers lol. Might go ahead and start painting though.

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks neat. Good luck with this attempt, hopefully it works swimmingly. BTW, what is that bot that's inside him? I found two bots like it in a thrift store the other day because the joints looked damn spiffy.

9. knyghtmare2021

News Credits:
    NeoShifters. Very VERY useful building toys from megablox that ape the movie look alot. All the joints are plug and play and very strong, so long as your not twisting them and bending then in ways they are not ment to move.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BUMP!

Thanks for the info.