Heavy/Scratch: WIP: Animated Razorclaw

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

*yawn*

This pretty much started when i was looking in the toy aisle late last night, and saw Firblast Grimlock, and thought: "Hmm, that loks like Razorclaw...". Obviously, i must've been really tired, the similarities are few and far between. But i bought it anyways. And a meccano set.

And this is the result:

So far i've just added the right hind leg, and as you can see, it's a combination of Asoblocks and meccano. It also has a cannon, sort of similar to G1 Razorclaw's cannon attachment, which will be duplicated on the other leg. The foot piece i've decided to leave as is, and while i know it doesn't look like an animal's foot, it also serves as the robot mode's foot, providing some much needed extra height. The whole contraption is attached to Grimlock through Milliput and some other adhesives.

Tell me what you think so far! It's my first time building a whole new limb, and with Meccano parts, so C&C would be appreciated. Suggestion for finidng good razorclaw heads would be good also, as well as where to get the lion head. Ive been debating using a Liger Zero Zoids kit, but i'm no expert on Zoids, so I don't know what would work with this mold.

Oh, and inspiration fro this custom has to come from Mench0y's Predacons X Razorclaw.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I am intrigued to see where this goes.

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

*GASP* Fireblast Grimlock?? man i'm hard pressed finding that here. D: but i got great expectations fer thiss'n ;) 

4. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

you could stick with that head and just add a mane to make it more lionlike

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I agree you could try to modify the original head and see what you come up with.

6. Treadshot A1

I would, but the head just looks too much like Grimlock. I've been debating using a Leoblaze Zoids head, but i'm not sure.

7. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Well, I don't see the resemblence either, but that makes this project all the more interesting. Good luck.

8. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Any progress on this?

9. Treadshot A1

Sorry guys, with Yr 11 my workload for school has gone through the roof. The paintwork is done, though, but still not head for either the lion or the bot.