Heavy/Scratch: WIP Animated Defensor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alexcollier, Sep 8, 2010.

1. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, after being in a funk, i've finally come back to finish some projects and start a new one. I finally found a good mold for Cutthroat so Abominus will be finished sometime soon. And i've also started on Animated Defensor

Now, it's a bit odd to paint a figure while major mods are yet to be done. I had intended Hotspot to be a simple repaint/headswap but I wasn't happy at all.

The molds being used in this build are-

Ani Wreckgar-Hotspot
    Ani Blackout-Blades
    Ani Rodimus-Streetwise
    Energon Towline-First-Aid
    Ani prowl-Groove

Hotspot will be replaced by a completley new Wreckgar as the black is too shiny and the blue too deep for my taste. I might have to have the legs be removeable for the alt mode or go for a similar shell to Wreckgar. The head is perhaps a bit too big also.

Energon Towline makes a surprisingly good fit for the Animated asthetic. His narrow thighs, small waist and broad upper body work and the alt-mode is exaggerated enough. Swindle's head works well but I may end up getting some custom heads made for these guys.

The other guys will have varying degrees of mods . Blades head will sit on top of his body rather than be on his cheast as with Blackout. He'll be the largest of the bots but he has a surprisingly convincing alternate arm configuration. definitely frenzy-Rumbling Defensor.

UPDATE-

Here's the alternate transformation for Defensor's Right arm. The general shape and proportions on Blackout really lend themselves to being an arm. Hoping that he's not too heavy.

New pics of 80% complete Blades. Used a Gundam pen to do some finer detailos but it really went wrong. Might need to do some cosmetic surgery to the chest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    wait what?? the last 3pics of the arm is actually a robot? wooooot moar pics

3. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Yep. Except the hand. The reason I chose the Blackout mold (aside from being the only helicopter mold) is that he makes such a good arm without much modding. I WAS going to rip apart a Universe Blades and combine him with som e other animated parts but decided that Blackout would be better.

4. G60Force

Ebay:
    a... ok I don't know of any other animated ... except prime/megtron and prowl :p 

But I could see why use chose blackout, I'm gonna be using the MOVIE blackout voyager in the near future for a ROTF Menasor :D 

But I'm a noob @ customizing only did 1,5 so far ;) 

5. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

That arm looks extremely cool. Swindle's head really suits that body, too. Looking forward to more! :) 

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    This looks really cool, I have to say. Nice that you used Wreck Gar for Hot Spot instead of Optimus loke most others do. I especially like how used Blackouts whole body for the arm minus the hand, it looks really good. I cant wait to see this finished.

7. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

YAAAAAAAY!!!!! a no unicron parts combiner!!!, looking excellent so far man :) 

8. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    Good Job!

9. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Updated with Blades wip pics

10. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

This is a great looking project - love the arm mode for the Blackout mold, and the Blades paint job is looking very nice already :D  The Swindle head on E-Towline's body helps sell the figure as part of an animated lineup suprisingly well.

11. G60Force

Ebay:
    wow just wow!

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude this looks epic.

and expensive. Like Blackout and Wreck-Gar are hard to come by as it is. *prays for Hasbro Blackout* :thumb  great work BTW.

13. alexcollier

News Credits:

it's actually not that expensive. I got both Wreckgar and Blackout for about 20 dollars from one of the many second hand toy stores around here.