Heavy/Scratch: WIP Alt. Not named yet........

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Marto6, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my latest custom based of Alt Grimlock. It is based of the Mustang from the updated Death Race movie. Has been a labor intensive job thus far,but fun too. haven,t decide n a name yet. If you should have a suggestion? Let me know.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Well this guy might make a nice Alternators Axor or Lockdown. Believe it or not,still i pick Axor since it might be a better choice if your doing with the classic "Carfront chest" look.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the same plans for HA Barricade!!....I thought of using the Alt 'Stang for this too.

Your progress is looking really good so far. That's some really nice styrene work you got going there. If you're planning a wheel swap, and haven't sourced any yet, JADA Toys Battle Machines Mustang has the closet looking thing to the FR500X wheels they used in the movie.

As for name, why not just call him Frankenstein's Monster?....you could paint up a lil HA figure to match Jason's outfit in the movie to go along with it....if not that, if he's gonna be a bot, Autobot X, if he's gonna be a 'Con, Decepticon X.

4. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    wait for them to reveal the names of the nascar wreckers in the movie and name him after on of them or better yet make all 3 nascar wreckers. it realy depends do you want more decepticons or more autobots?

oh i forgot this is great work so far cant wait to see it finished

5. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

this is cool. I think you should leave him as grimlock, because i would think that grimlock would be an armored mustang.

6. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    dude you have to be kidding me!!!!

after watching death race the other day, i thought..."what a good idea to use up one of the many extra Barricades i have laying around"

looks like yours will be a bit bigger and you are further along than i am. i also had to make the guns cuz i didnt have anything laying around for them

NICE JOB tho so far, cant wait to see and compare when we are done!

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I like this idea^

And great work on this too man!

8. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

Death Race here we come!! That could be his name....Death Racer.

9. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Thats looking awesome. I always thought the mustang from that movie would make a great tf im surprised nobody did it sooner.
    Cant wait to see this finished.

10. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your imput to my project. I will have to look up more about Axor and see if that fits when he is done.

11. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plowking, I Have been having fun with finding wheels for this project....... I thought about taking part from a spare wheeljack that I have to get spot on movie wheels , but I decided to go more for something agressive. I wanted disc cover type wheels first. like knight rider style but cooler. I just sourced some wheels the other night though. I will be taking the wheels of a new nissan Z (alterinty Megaron) 24th scale car. They have a prety cool blade style wheel. Also thought about using a older Diabo's wheels too for the stagered ofsets. I will have to look for those battle machines though.......!

far as the Frakenstien name i considered it among the names i brain stormed. I thought that it would be a easy way out somehow though. I like your idea of a driver for him.

12. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for your suggestions and kind words.

13. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have thought of that too. I feel I would have to go hasbro and add at least on discriptive adjetive to put up in front of grimlock though. MAybe?

14. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First time i saw the movie,I thought i have to do a project like this. I am trying to blend the two version of the movie car some what. the frontend styling of the first on and the guns of the second. Some of it is just what looks cool to me too. My guns are from the movie scout Dune Runner. A little over sized maybe. But when this willl be in bot mode,because of how i mounted them to the window cowl they will tilt forward and down to be shoulder guns! I haven't gooten my HA barricade out of the box yet,But i think he will make a great starting point too. Make a mean lookin bot for sure!

I look forward to comparing our works too!

15. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks much !

16. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have thought up a lot of name starting with Deah in the name. I looked in the dictionary and forund the word Deathless....... Check out the deffinition I think it is pretty cool.

17. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised by the fact no one has done this before also. I don't care to be the first. i just care to be good at what i do for my own personal standard.

I hope to Have this done in the next couple of weeks. So no need to wait too long....

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm really interested to see where you go with this one, bud :thumb  So far, it looks great.

19. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Mad Maximus :cool: 

20. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Welcome,though Axor is the modern name for him,Axer is what im referring to,yeah that Decepticon action master thinking about it Any of the Action Masters never did had Alternators-based customs.