Heavy/Scratch: WIP 6-bot CW Liokaiser with completely stock CW bots

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ultraman zoffy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Sengokutron

Sengokutron Well-Known Member

While I love your tutorial for the easiest knee modification, I was wondering if you're going to build anything around that to help maintain the longevity of it. I'm imagining that hinge is gonna give out overtime with lots of play.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

Good question. I'm just now getting started on using Tinkercad to play around with my own designs, and for the knee mod, I was thinking that it could be possible to design a toothed piece that could screw onto the combiner peg post and use the combiner port tabs as a basic ratcheting setup. For now, they've been holding up great as a friction joint, but I'm hoping to eventually come up with something to clean up the look and function.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sengokutron

Sengokutron Well-Known Member

Oooooh I like that idea. I'm going to venture a guess and say that the torso for killbison and drillhorn will need to be modified to hide the screw on piece away.

I love your proportions too much to ask if a 3D printed functional knee joint with a female combiner port would be a good idea, as this would certainly wreck the overall length of his thigh.

4. ultraman zoffy

In order to maintain this height, something has to give. Using the hinge arm as the connector so that extra parts weren't needed was the only way to pull it off and not make him taller. Right now he is the same height as TFC Hercules, which is ideal for me since they're both 6 bot combiners.

5. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

i think since you have already made 50% from scratch that you just remake the lower section. would make it easier to incorporate the knee and you would be able to turn it into something else like a gun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ultraman zoffy

Nah, I've got too many other projects to move onto to go that deep on this guy. =) I've pretty much accomplished my goal for now as far as Liokaiser goes, but I'll probably revisit him once I get some decent 3D modeling skills.

7. Autobot00

Autobot00 Well-Known Member

well this is just a thought but i know there are a few good modelers out there on this forum and u could try sharing your files with them and maybe they could hook u up.

8. freaks

freaks Well-Known Member

Great job sir, if you want i could still design you a proper tighs and knees. Glad the knee extender was use for other things.
    -dencio333x

• Like Like x 1