Heavy/Scratch: WIP 1st Heavy Mod Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by yourreflection, Oct 4, 2008.

1. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

You should be proud man because this looks fantastic. The styrene parts look really good as well. What's your color scheme going to be - G1? Can't wait to see the final results.

2. shotokandragon

shotokandragon Well-Known Member

Thanks, i'm glad i'm done working with the styrene and the epoxy glue...color wise ya i'll be going G1, classic all the way

3. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

If your going G1 classic you should check out Sculpt Bot's G1 Devastator head. It's a lot more Devastator than the Starscream head. I've got it on my Dev, just never had time to take new pics.

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Depending on how the paint scheme comes out looking, I think I may like this rendition of Devestator most of all. The gun in the side of the head is the deal breaker, hands down awesome. :) 

- Alty

5. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Nice MOC, there! I hope you show us the finished product!

6. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loving the proportions. The extra work with styrene turned out well.

7. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Not to derail, but has he shown any pictures of that head? I'd love to see it

8. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Overall looks great! What kind of articulation do the arms have? What connectors did you use for your dev arms and legs? Do the robots transform themselves? Look forward to the paint job...that's when he really comes together.

9. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Looking fantastic.
    I've nothing but the greatest respect to anyone who takes on the task of a gestalt.

The styrene additions make a massive difference,very impresive.
    Look forward to seeing him painted.

10. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Well done! The scratchbuilt styrene parts look very good. I like how the arms came out so massive. Post more pics when he's painted!

11. shotokandragon

Thanks guys for all the compliments...started to prime the individual cons...will have them up soon.

12. shotokandragon

thanks Moe...the arms bend and twist. Connectors are neo-shifters, lego, and magnets. And the robots will transform themselves.

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    very nice stuff.
    Couple of pointers you might wanna take down before going into the painting stage...

The styrene scratch built parts are nice, but you will want to cover those with some random TF kibble or gundam parts. Their lack of detail will clash with the rest of Devy which has lots of detail. Big flat panels of plain-ness are going to stick out, and look out of place in my opinion.

The crane on the shoulder is an awesome touch, and trust me, I want that on mine as well, but by that being there, his left arms has very limited articulation. You can see in your photos, the top of bonecrusher is almost hitting it already.

Were you able to throw some lights in his head?

Also, might I ask where mixmaster's cement truck is from? it looks plastic, and I'd like to get my hands on some of those. I have (a few) of these I am working on, and the diecast bedford truck is a damn nightmare to cut up.

14. shotokandragon

Thanks F_R for the input and suggestion
    in regards to the styrene i was looking at them before paint and they were lacking a little bit more stuff on them
    i tried with the lights in the head but it wasn't working out for me. maybe on the next project.
    and for mixmaster i believe it was just a windup plastic tonka truck. the barrel was small so i had to cut it in half and add on styrene.
    shotokandragon

15. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Looks cool, I cant wait to see him painted!

16. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    That's looks awesome. I'm attempting to this this bash as well. Getting some much needed help from, yourreflection on this thing. I'm planning on painting mine G2 colors, mainly because I work construction and yellow just seems more attractive to me, then the original G1 neon green. I like what you did with the styrene, I'd love to do that to mine too. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on this one. :thumbs2: 

17. shotokandragon

Hi guys....
    Well my Devastator is complete,many thanks again to Ptitvite, Frenzy_Rumble, yourreflection and others who guided me in making this behemoth.
    I also would like to add the C&C's on my constructicons I added earlier, which I think makes it better to improve on other customs I tackle.
    So after building this one, I have an itch to do another combiner...I'll keep you guys posted.
    Many Thanks,
    Shotokandragon