Winter Fever New Jersey Toy Show Sunday, January 25, 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by DESTRO, Jan 4, 2009.

1. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Winter Fever New Jersey Toy Show Sunday, January 25, 2009​

2. tinkerbeee

tinkerbeee Well-Known Member

Lots of Transformers and 80s toys

Hey everybody this is Jerry & Maria at Tinkerbeee. As always we will be set up at this show with loads and loads of Transformers as well as lots of other 80s toys including loads of 80s girls toys. Come on out and spend the day, it is a cool toy show. Hope to see everyone there!!

3. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Hey, I've never ever been to a Toy Show of any kind so I'm kinda wondering what to expect if I go to this one...could someone help me out here?

4. tinkerbeee

Attending is no big deal at all. Line up outside a little before start time, pay the admission and enter. Standard shows are usually dealers displaying their merchadise on long buffet style tables. This show is going to be a mixed bag of dealers so you are going to see anything from antique toys all the way up to modern action figures and everything in between. They are lots of fun, because it is just toys toys toys. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, be intimidated by or fearful of. My name is Jerry and I will be set up with my girlfriend Maria. We bring lots of vintage Transformers, 80s G.I. Joe and lots and lots of other 80s toys. We love meeting other collectors of toys and I think you will find that pretty much all of the other attendees and dealers are also toy fanatics. It is a great way to spend the day. Hope to see you there.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Yeah dude, toy shows kick ass. You'll find deals there that you can't get find on eBay. Also practically everybody haggles there; or you can bring toys with you and trade them. I recommend carrying around a manifesto of your inventory to present to people, because a piece of paper fits in your pocket easier than a crate of minicons would.

~Z

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hm, I might have to come down for this one. It'll be nice since Last Century hasn't had a show in a while.

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will wait and attend the show in Delaware in April.

8. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Hmmm...well, it's only an hour away from where I live so I might show up just one thing....do people sell/trade Marvel Legends there because I have a bunch that I feel like getting rid of?

9. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This blows, figures that there'd be a toy convention when I have a limited amount of spending money, stupid economy

10. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Well, it seems that unless something unforeseen happens I will be there....I hope this is as awesome as I expect it to be.

11. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on making the trip too. We should put a list together of people going and a TFW meeting place. I've never met another collector from this board so I would be interested in meeting some peeps.

Is it true that I can bring some figs/parts to this show and try to sell them to those displaying?

Mark

12. tinkerbeee

The show is getting closer and closer. Here is a partial list of some of the Gen 1 stuff we will be bringing: Abominus, Actionmaster Optimus Prime, Actionmaster Sprocket, Actionmaster Starscream, Apeface, Astrotrain, Battletrap, Blaster, Bluestreak, Blurr, Bruticus, Chopshop, Computron, Defensor, Devastator, Dirge, Doublecross, Flywheels, Gnaw, Grapple, Headmaster Hardhead, Headmaster Highbrow, Hoist, Hound, Jetfire, Kup, Megatron, Menasor, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Overdrive, Perceptor, Pounce & Wingspan, Powermaster Joyride, Punch/Counterpunch, Predaking, Rodimus Prime, Sandstorm, Skids, Skylynx, Slag, Snapdragon, Submarauder, Superion, Targetmaster Crosshairs, Targetmaster Landfill, Targetmaster Pointblank, Targetmaster Quickmix, Targetmaster Slugslinger, Trailbreaker, Trypticon, Ultra Magnus, Venom, Wheeljack, Whirl. Most of those are complete or real close, a few are less complete. That is just a partial list(we are still working on getting more stuff together), there are also going to be lots of small things like cassettes, minicars, triggercons, sparkabots, micros, throttlebots, etc, plus weapons and accessories and more.
    Do not forget, if you are planning on attending and there is a specific toyline you are looking to purchase let us know. We might not be able to fit things from every 80s toyline but if you let us know in advance we will make room if possible. Hope to see everyone there!!

13. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    what do you know of this show in Delaware?

and I might go but NJ is kind of a drive if I have the money and my car runnign good ill go lol

14. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

The only thing I'm absolutely looking to purchase is Armada Megatron (just got Tidal Wave), and possibly G1 Ravage so I can put his rockets on the new Ravage that comes with hound.

15. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a reminder the show is set for next Sunday! Hope to meet a few board members in person, make sure you stop by our tables and say Hi.

16. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

WoO! Only one week till the toy show....if you guys want to find me or use me as the meetup point I'll be the guy wearing the funny hat.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing other than it is listed on their site. I plan on attending that one due to it being only 20 minutes from my house.

18. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Looks like ill be heading down there too is there gonna be a TFW meet up at all?

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope to be there around noon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  20. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

yea i hope to be there between 12 and 1 i have a bit of a drive just depends when i can get going in the morning.