window tint: dot matrix is a skank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burn_Out, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Burn_Out

Burn_Out Active Member

Any one have any types of problems with tinting their back windshields. I have a 97 Cavalier that not only has a huge windshield it has like 5 inches of dot matrix( the little black dots) and they can't be tinted over without bubbles forming usually. I had the tint cut before the dot matrix so now there is a very large contrast between the dot matrix and my 20% vlt tint. Anyone dealt with this before or have suggestions?

2. newguy

newguy i

caviqueer lol
    just messin

Well you could buy a new one, but that might cost some money. There is this stuff that people use to take paint off airplanes. It freakin burns your skin and melts plastic. That might work. JUST DON'T GET ANY ON YOUR CAR!!!!!!!
    I can take all the paint off a hot wheel in under 5 secounds, and melt the tires and windshield with that stuff.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Everything about the Chevy Cadaver sucks ass, it's this generation's Edsel. Have fun with that.

4. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Burn, I had this problem with a 98 Mustang I owned. What the guy did for me was cut a piece of black vinyl tape to go over that area. It will stick to the dot matrix area, and get rid of the gap. It worked well for me. Good luck!

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    At first I thought this was a weird "Reboot" thread... >_>

6. Burn_Out

Burn_Out Active Member

yeah I didn't think about the connection till i woke up this morning. Reboot was a good show.
    so can you see the line difference between the vinyl and the tint or is it pretty seamles

7. NoleScream

It was seamless Burn... I couldn't tell from the outside, and could only tell on the inside if I got up close to it. Was much better than having that god awful gap between the tint and the top of the rear window.

8. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

She takes offense to that!!

9. Burn_Out

Burn_Out Active Member

awesome I plan on getting that done today 20 bucks thanks for the help.

10. NoleScream

You're welcome! Good luck!

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that's rather an unfair assessment. I have a Cavalier as my "work" car. 11 years old, 98,000 miles, and runs great. Has more hp than a Honda Civic or Toyota Crapola. A family member has the Sunfire, and it runs like new. And a friend has a slightly newer Cavalier but with more mileage, and it too runs very well. They may not be the prettiest of cars, but they function well. So while most pre-98 Civics, Corrola's, Neon's and Lancer's are ending up in the junk yard, or are barely running on the road with faded paint, missing hubcaps, and funky engine noises, there are more Cavaliers that are still faring much better on the road that I have seen. And I live in an area where the population exceeds 3 million, easily. I'm not a huge Cavalier fan, but I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.

12. NoleScream

I'll give your Cavalier some credit, but I'd still take a Honda or Toyota over a Chevy any day of the week if I wanted to keep my car more than 4-5 years.

13. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

reboot was an awesome show. i remember when my wife bought her last car, she was looking at a 2005 focus. this guy at the car dealership tried and tried to get her to buy a 2003 cavalier instead saying it made better financial sense because he would offer an extra year's worth of warranty on it. that was it. same price, crappier car, and an extra year's worth of pointless warranty.