Minor/Repaint: Windcharger [WIP]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    England, he seems to have only come out here, it's left a bit of a situation on the shelves since lots of people have been buying lots of windcharger to sent overseas leaving Chopsaw and the other 3 wave mates on the shelves.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Although I've only seen about two here myself, including the one I have. Unless Nellie's been filching them all. :p 

Brilliant bit of modding, B! I may have to have a look at doing a CAD version, as Hoop suggested; it shouldn't be too tricky.
    Or was Bellyboy's response a taking up of the gauntlet?

3. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Ok so know figure out how to increase Gen Wheeljack height!!

A+

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice mod, not sure if i will do it too, but it doesn't look as bad as i thought it would, when reading the opening paragraph

PS windcharger is quickly becoming the most "redistibuted" fig lol. he's been released here as well, sent a couple south, hopefully will have a couple more to do so again. i know what storm means though, they shoukd have made it at least a 4/4 case with chopsaw

5. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Question. Where on Brawl are these pieces? I don't wanna buy a whole new Brawl if I can just get a junker instead, but I defintiely want to do this mod.

6. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool mod man. now why couldnt hasbro have done that?

7. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    LOL - thanks, man! I had my bud Rich pick one up for me (you guys know him as Spurt Reynolds here and at Sector70).

Not sure if Daniel (bb) is trying it or not. But I'd say it's fair game for anyone--just wanted to show how much better he could look in bot mode. I'll leave it up to you guys to do the 3D stuff. ;) 

How's this for you, my friend? I did this the moment I got my Generations Wheeljack in! Still working on a few other mods to him and it should be added (Allen/SQ7 already resourced it as a tutorial also).

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/388905-generations-wheeljack-height-tutorial-leg-mods.html

Thanks, Bryce! I knew it would help the bot mode to try and do something like this, but until I had it in-hand, I wasn't sure how it would all fit into alt mode. Thankfully, it fit great and it took all of maybe 5 minutes. lol

And yes, this figure is one of most (if not the most "redistributed"). Not sure why Hasbro hasn't shipped them all over by now, but you know some of us--when we want something, we go for it. (and he's STILL not around this area yet--I'm beginning to think he won't show at all). It seems like the most wanted figures (and Hasbro KNOWS we want these guys) are put out in limited numbers per case, while the lesser knowns are packed in, only to end up shelfwarming. Unless they think we'll pick those up while waiting for the ones we really want.

Honestly, I don't remember exactly where they were on Brawl. I've had two TFTM Brawl figures--one that ended up in parts and pieces (scavenged for ball joints and other joints), while the other stayed MISB until recently when I started hacking him up to possibly do a custom Brawl from it (G1-styled). Decided to shelve that project in favor of another route I'm taking on it, so I parted him out also.

I believe the parts came from the sides of his chest (near the underarm area in bot mode). I think it was screwed in and helped hold the automorph gears in place inside the chest. These parts can be casted, if anyone has them and wants to give it a go. I don't cast (yet) and I don't have extras of the parts, unless I can find the original Brawl I had and dig up that bag of parts from him. Or maybe wait and see if any of 3D gentlemen would like to try something for him. Honestly, any part around that size should work--just look around if you don't want to hack up Brawl for this. Just turn Windcharger's crotch so it points down, then find a piece or part that can fit into the opening between the chest/ab section and that crotch piece. Now that we're laughing about pointing crotches, good luck! lol

I know! There are certain things that bother me with some of these toys and it usually involves proportions and or missed design flaws that could easily be fixed. Windcharger didn't look bad before, but his arms were just a bit too long due to the crunched look of the chest and waist sections. Now he can stand tall like his toon counterpart and stand up to Bumblebee and crew.

8. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So..I totally stole your idea and found a junker animated deluxe Megs that my son had all but decimated, whose crotch was uncerimoniously chopped off, cut up a bit, and painted. Thank you so much for this idea!:rock 

Attached Files:

9. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's awesome, man! Glad to see others like my crazy idea. lol

(btw: I have that same "natural sunlight" desk lamp--it works well when working on customs and even taking pictures, if you use a nice backdrop and no flash--my WIP shots always look too "flashy" since I keep the flash enabled)