Windcharger & Co as dollar store figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hot Shot., Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I've had this idea for a while now and I'm wondering what everyone thinks:

Couldn't Hasbro make another run of Windcharger in new packaging alonside Rumble, Frenzy, and Tailgate as a new assortment of dollar store scouts?

They'd be easy to find and the scout series would be finished in one wave. I don't think sales would be a problem, since the Cybertron repacks moved pretty quickly.

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Were those Cybertron Scouts a left over, unpackaged, production run, or were they made spefically for Dollar stores?

On the basis of the first scenario, Windcharger went through a production run, albeit an apparently smallish one.

Rumble... we've no evidence it made it's made it past a few packaged samples.

I'm also fairly sure that unlike say, Chopsaw, Windcharger, there weren't even any loose unpackaged samples passing through Chinese sellers on eBay.

Frezy....People (not you specifically, Hot Shot) just tend to presume that Hasbro have one ready for release. Whilst it would seem a logical re use of the mold.....maybe they don't.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I find one at a dollar store...I am so going to laugh....take pictures of it. Then buy it.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    That's actually a myth. All Hasbro repackages are new runs of the same figures in new packaging. The idea would be to do a second run of Windcharger, and put the others in production.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hasbro.

Please listen to Hot Shot he's found the solution. Also never use the Backstop mold ever again while your at it.

6. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Backstop actually got a repaint for his release at Big Lots, I'd say it is possible Windcharger, Rumble, and Frenzy could be repackaged and released. Or they could do a 3-pack similar to that "warriors of three worlds" thing that was stocked by TRU and Walgreens last fall.

+-MWG-+

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've been assuming this is gonna happen from the start. They've been doing it since Energon, why stop now?

8. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It would be a welcome change of pace to me...I'm tired of seeing the same 4 scouts at Dollar General, Family Dollar, & Big Lots for the past 5 or more years, albeit in different packaging.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

You might get a dollar store figure, we'll have to pay £15 for them. </grumblingbritishness>

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    my solution would be to do a pair of Frenzy -vs- Windcharger and Rumble -vs- Tailgate sets as like a Target exclusive...

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

How about repainting Windcharger as Black Jack?

12. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or WM Black Friday 2 packs.

13. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I have to believe there's a reason Hasbro goes back to the Cybertron scout family specifically for this kind of stuff, since I think even before them the Energon Scouts at Dollar General and Family Dollar didn't stick around very long.

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    They won't do it, its much to high of a priority to keep repainting that damned rhino and friends.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    just hit one of the stores that has united frenzy/rumble and get them both at the same time...i would not hold my breath on hasbro...not after they flushed that last run of target exclusive scouts ( the damned best repaints of energon figures i have seen to date)

hasbro when they shit can stuff does not seemed to bothered to hurry and release it....LOOK at those UNUSED animated molds they are sitting on...

16. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Hasbro tried to get those animated figs out, retailers weren't interested (Hot Rod and Arcee didn't exactly fly off the shelves). Rumble/Windcharger molds can be folded into the movie line as exclusives.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah believe the corporate propoganda....the white astrotrain that TRU refused to carry during the G1 commerative line of TF reissues was sold directly off the hasbro site as a online purchase item...

They can easily do the same thing...list the damned things like HTS does until the are sold out...they could do it...they just chose not to.