Windcharger advice needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by galvatron1701, May 25, 2011.

1. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Hi all,

Today my friend surprised me with two Windchargers he'd managed to find up in Birmingham. I'm keeping one for myself but don't know what to do with the other.

I was thinking of possibly trading it on these forums, but I've no experience in trades and wouldnt really know what would be appropriate to ask for (though I would love a universe Hardhead).

Can anyone give me some advice? Is there even demand for Windcharger anymore?

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think it is a reasonable trade.

Realistically I would go by the going rate of said figure vs. the going rate of the figure you want.

Yours is going from anywhere between $30-$50, so back into the cost of figures you want.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I got voyager ROTF Mindwipe (MISB) for one, Henkei Hound (MOC) for the other.

Didn't Hardhead get stupidly marked down to $3 a few months ago (along with Poweglide and that black repaint of Silverbolt)? It's not improbable that there are a few floating around the fandom.

Good luck with your trade, I can vouch that everybody I was in touch with on here was really pleasant to deal with. Though, be careful, have a read of the last 10 pages-odd of the UK Toy Discussion (on these TF Toy boards) - a lot of people have been burned recently, apparently, by the same individual.

4. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Thank you both for your advice!

I've actually been following that trade situation, it's really terrible that someone would do that!

How does one go about doing a trade? Do you both send the items at the same time? I have no idea how it works!

5. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Same time if possible, just check out the member good first. I got two of mine from a member in the UK and we sent them both the same day, the third was sent by a long-time friend there. I'd get something I really wanted though, make it worth your while. No way I'm letting mine go though since they were so hard to get and from two good friends. :) 

6. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Funny how when a toy becomes rare everybody wants it. Thundercracker I can understand because he was one of the main bad guys on the show. But Windcharger? That little dinky scout doesn't even look like him. Windcharger never wore a bra.

7. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Awww, someone couldn't get one. ;) 

8. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL he really wants one and thats why he is dogging it out.

9. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I know. He looks exactly like him and he was a member of the Ark crew, who wouldn't want it since your collection isn't complete without it. It's great having it ( 3, cough ). :D 

10. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Lol. I have to say that I do love this little figure. I can't quite say why, he's just really cool!

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Damn thing's a dead ringer for the original Windcharger, dude has no idea what he's talking about. :lol 

12. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

You can leave his hood up and it's dead on to his G1 look but he looks fine with his "bra". :lol  Guess Prowl, Jazz, any others like that are cross dressers now? Hater's just hatin', plain and simple. It is my favorite figure I think so far this year out of all of the fantastic ones we have gotten.

13. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd consider trading my extra hardhead for a windcharger. hmm.....

14. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Windcharger was always a fav of mine. I'd buy his Reveal the Shield version in a heartbeat - yet I have not seen one.

I need to get by with my keychain remake of the minibot.

15. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where at in Birmingham? TJ Maxx? Big Lots?

16. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

The UK, bsutton, United Kingdom not Alabama or any other state in the U.S. that has a Birmingham. It'd be nice though. :) 

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, yup, dead on representation of the cartoon, looking at the faceless g1 figure, i don't get where he gets by saying anything doesn't look like something