Windblade #3 (will contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by femmebotfangirl, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have to agree. Turning pretty much any Autobot leader that isn't Optimus into a dark twisted psychopath is getting really old now.

Elita-1's personality or characterization I always thought should have been like Olivier Mira Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist, a tough no nonsense female father to her men kind of character.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Yeah, Elita One appeared at the funeral in which...

Alpha Trion is around
    Optimus Prime-in an Orion Pax-esque body is around, when at the time he is hunted by Sentinel
    Ultra Magnus---in a white Orion Pax body--- is around
    Ironhide---which at the time was a bodyguard for celebrities at races--- is around

And disregarding that...I believe you have too fond memories of a character that only appeared in two G1 episodes altogether.

Regardless, you are overreacting over one page that brings down everything in your established fandom.

3. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm a little bummed myself that another female character is made completely sketchy and/or evil when we already have Chromia, Mistress of Flame and Firestar that fit that role. But to pretend that Elita-One had any character at all before this is a joke.

4. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    That's true but It is disappointing that this is what we're stuck with IDW.

I'm really starting to see more of the disappointment with Star Saber here.

5. ShortCut

ShortCut Well-Known Member

Thanks for assuming that it's just one thing out of everything I've read in the series that's turned me away from IDW's comics.

Before you start creating an essay, I mentioned it was this and quite a few other things unlisted that drove me away by the end of it. And she wasn't just in the G1 era, it's her portrayal in non-IDW continuity comics that had a better handle going on before they were finished. So seeing IDW fall into their habits with yet ANOTHER well-known character is disheartening.

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Considering we saw Elita-1 in this book on a one page total...

I think it's too soon to be agitated.

7. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    True.

Who knows what the long term game plan will be for her?

8. ShortCut

ShortCut Well-Known Member

Hrm... I suppose you're right. We'll see what they do.

9. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I was never attached to Elita as a character so the seemingly evil reveal didn't bother me. It did feel like it was mostly for shock value but it's just the one page so far. What'll matter to me is how it's handled in the Windblade ongoing.

Still, I would like to see a truly noble female character show up at some point. Maybe Override will be more in that vein.

That would be awesome! :D 

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'd say Star Saber is different if only because it was something that hadn't been done before at the time.

But considering this is the third case in such a short time where a generic autobot is turned evil to make them seem less generic, the whole thing come off as less unique and more tiresome. With Prowl also coming off as more black than grey in recent issues it's as if we're just retreading old ground with this whole shady-female/autobot angle.

I'm glad they're trying to do something unique with an old female character, but I wish they'd at least try using their imagination for a bit longer before settling with "evil face collector". I feel like Firestar is the right direction when it comes to making a character more shady without making her outright evil; also because you already have Nautica to directly contrast with her. But considering there are so many shady femmes and Autobots around already, we really do not need another character like this Elita One.

11. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Star Saber was turned from a shining hero to not just a baddie but a one-dimensional baddie with no relation to the original.

Elita... we don't know what she is yet. Hanging out with Obsidian is company that's hard to classify- he's no maniacal villain to be sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if she were basically a pirate queen, traveling the stars in her ship, but ambivalent enough that being a goodie isn't foreign to her.

Heck, could be a swerve. Maybe she killed the chair's original maker.

12. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Regeneration One Apologist

well... I guess we know who's getting replaced on Bruticus.

13. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the combiner fights were cool, I felt like this ended with much more of a whimper than a bang. On the other hand, it looks to be a tremendous amount of set-up for our next few story arcs, and those look like they've got a lot of very ideas in them.

I suspect we'll see more of the details Prowl's reformation and Come to Primus moment in the next few issues as well.

On the other hand... all that manipulating and zero comeuppance for Starscream? I suppose you could count losing his ability to manipulate the council of worlds more directly, but it still seems like he really got away scott free.

14. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    She's on a throne made out of faces. Even Star Saber has "religion" as his motivation, but what we know for sure about Elita is that she is either crazy enough to own a chair made of faces, or, in the more unlikely event, that she's crazy enough to sit in an already built chair made out of faces. Star Saber is no multi-layered character, but I doubt even he would sit in a chair made out of faces.

15. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

So I was looking at the image of Elita-1 and I have to agree with the others that are pessimistic about her, that image isn't of some gray moral character, that's Madam Mask from Marvel there smirking about how things are going her way, or the enchantress from Thor's books as she plots her next scheme.

The chair is strange. Did she build it, did someone else build it? Why is it made of body parts in the first place. Then there's the look she has, that's where it seems to start screaming "This girl is no good". She has her eyes upturned and a smirking smile on her face. There's an air to her that reminds me a lot of a fem-fatal as they plan on devouring the guy they just lured into a trap. What really has me unnerved is her lines.

First she tells Obsidian in a very calm voice that there's no need for titles, my mind immediately went to Cruella De'ville, then the "Heh" as if she finds the whole thing amusing. There's something very cold and off putting about her demeanor. And no one's mentioned the broken horn (spike?) and busted head piece on the right side.

Why do I feel like we're in for an Animated version of Elita rather then say a G1? I'm guessing that Windblade is going to be made out to be the "good girl" in all of this with Nautica?

16. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

It's not like the chair is made of faces, it has a single face on it, plus there's a few more in the architecture... and it's not like making furniture out of defeated foes is new (see: Megatron Origin).

Don't forget that one of the big problems colonies have is resources. So her ship may be a fairly brutal bot-eat-bot place where she rose to the top. Note also how even though Elita-1 is in charge, she sports damage. It may have been a choice to not have it repaired, but even so.

And she's got Obsidian's loyalty, that counts for something. At bare minimum, she can work with other bots.

Star Saber has a couple issues, where we know he works for Judge Wipe-out-half-the-species, which really was just a step sideways from what the guy planned on his own.

We have a single page of Elita-1, which has a number of possibilities to it. My bet is 'space pirate' or 'warlord.'

17. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Again, what are you talking about? She's been in 3 issues of the Wings of Universe fanclub comics, half a panel on the DW comics, and appeared on the games of deception comic book for botcon 2007.

Besides the botcon comic, I do not even know if she even had lines in the others.

So yeah, props for IDW ruining -this- character's rich history and archetype for you by having her on one page.

As for the Star Saber situation again, it's freaking comical how a good percentage of the fandom did not go after his Masterpiece toy because they did not know him, but are batsh!t insane over having said unknown character be different in the comics.

18. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Guys, I know the old saying of "a picture can tell a thousand words" but I reckon nearly all of you are being a little paranoid. We don't know anything about Elita's character yet. All we have to do is wait until she appears again. Just because a character looks scarred and sitting on a throne assembled of what appears to be dead bodies, doesn't mean they're evil.

Can we please just all calm down and wait to see where this goes?

19. jogproof

jogproof Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Although I do think she might be a bad guy. The fact that her Titan is in ship mode might cause the same limited resource problem that Caminus has and this colony has just adopted the ultimate recycling program. But once again i do think she is on the darker side of the spectrum and i look forward to hopefully seeing her other general in future issues.

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Elita 1 may be on the darker side of things but also I notice her helm is damage where it also might indicate limited resources. In general Elita 1 looks like a picture of health with exception the superficial damage not like Crankcase.