Will You Watch the Trailer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I know that might sound like a strange question, but the answer - for myself at least - isn't straightforward.
    Up 'til this point, I've been kinda staying away from any information about TF3. For the other 2 movies I've devoured any tiny scrap of detail about plot, characters etc and then when I finally saw them I have to say it did diminish the experience somewhat (although I still loved them both).

So this time round I've avoided all spoilers as much as I could (it will probably be my last chance to do anyway). I suppose it's part experiment to see if I will enjoy the film more as a result. Now there is a trailer on the way, I am in 2 minds. Do I watch it and get 'spoiled' as the trailers for the 2 pervious films have done - especially ROTF! :mad  - or do I just dive in and get over myself? I'll still enjoy the film anyway right?

What do you guys think?

p.s. if we could keep spoilers out of this thread that'd be much appreciated :thumb 

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All my efforts to avoid spoilers for the previous movies were about as effective as a chocolate fireguard, so I dare say I'll cave in and watch the trailer as soon as possible. :lol  Hopefully it won't be as misleading as felt ROTF's trailer was - to me it promised The Empire Strikes Back, and we ended up with The Phantom Menace.

3. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    think i'll stay away from the TVspots.... but the trailers will be watched and admired by me.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I go to the movies a good bit so it wouldn't really be possible for me to avoid the trailers anyway. Plus I rather enjoyed the Revenge of the Fallen trailers even though I didn't like the movie.

It's all just part of my information gathering to decide if I should see the movie at the theater or just wait to rent it at home.

5. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course I'm gonna watch the trailer. It's gonna be hard to avoid them anyways.

Snape kills Dumbledore, the shark dies, Norman Bates has multiple personalities, the button really does have to be pressed, Nicole Kidman is a ghost, Rosebud is a sled, and there's a freakin' TON of double agents in the Venture Bros season finale.

Oh wait, Transformers spoilers. Silly me.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...yeah

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It's a two and a half minute trailer, and I've seen pretty much every spoiler to be had. Sure.

8. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    I say get a friend/board member to watch it then tell you if it has spoilers :D .

I will watch the trailer anyways :) .

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I intend to watch it

oh and Darth Vader is Luke's father and Luke kissed his sister

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've not kept up with movie news much so far, not because of wanting to avoid spoilers, but I've just not been that interested. But a trailer is a pretty big event so I'll likely watch it. There won't probably be many, if any, surprises in it anyway.

11. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I'll inevitably see it at some point, whether I actually bother with the full film remains to be seen.

I didn't hate the previous two but my enthusiasm for another round of Bayformers is minimal.

12. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Probably on Youtube, I'm not a huge fan of the film series, I men I don't HATE them, but I don't care for them either.

And besides, it's just gonna be a screen alternating black and white while a silhouette which looks vaguely like a robot runs and shots something.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:

I was trying to avoid spoilers for tf3 as much as I can
    I want the movie to blow me away ,just like the 1st one did

I will watch the trailer ,though
    can't wait for it

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who WONT watch the trailer sooner or later.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Certainly!

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes!

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yes. If nothing else the trailers have been awesome. I give up on any notion of avoiding spoilers anyway.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I fear that even if I don't watch the trailer(s), I will have everything spoiled for me whenever I visit this site anyway. Not deliberately maybe, but everyone will be talking about it. And I'm not going to stop visiting TFW, so y'know...

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just knocking around a thought but wouldn't a person have to avoid all sorts of things if they were determined to be totally spoiler free.

You couldn't go search for toys because the toy line is sure to spoil plenty. Comic book shops are out. You'd have to be careful of any sort of entertainment reporting, heck TV is out period because there will be a blitz of ads. You would also have to drop out of the Transformers community for months because we aren't all good about remembering to block things out with spoiler covers.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I am a generally spoiler-free person with movies but I always allow myself to watch trailers. I rarely go see any movie without having at least seen a trailer for it. And I won't be holding off on buying the toys for Dark of the Moon, so I'll be getting semi-spoiled by them anyway.