Will you still appreciate your Prime toys once the show ends?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I decided not to get many Prime toys since I went through the movies and Animated getting many toys that I lose interest in once the show ends.

This time I only have Cyberverse Dreadwing and Ironhide. There are a few others I would want but I resisted.

2. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I'm going to keep cherry picking and once they're done with the whole shebang i'll probably knock it down to the bare essentials based on visual appeal and not quality of character.

I quite like the ones I own but having only a couple wreckers and one stunticon (none if you don't import) it kinda makes "team building" a bit disappointing.

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Wheeljack aside, I won't miss those once they're gone. The bayverse influence really killed that line for me.

4. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

Yes, I think so. There's a couple of bad apples in the line, and they could all do with a little extra paint (something I'll get round to one day) but on the whole they're fairly decent toys. And anyway, if we applied that logic of 'no sense in keeping them once the show's over' then we wouldn't currently own anything BUT Prime and maybe WFC/FOC. Because there are a limited number of characters due to the cost of CGI it makes it cheaper and more possible to collect the entire cast, which certainly appeals to the OCD collectionist in me.

5. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I made a list of 10 characters I wanted and so far I've stuck to it:

- Optimus Prime
    - Bumblebee
    - Bulkhead
    - Arcee
    - Ratchet
    - Cliffjumper
    - Megatron
    - Starscream
    - Soundwave
    - Vehicon (car)

If the series ends early I will not regret having these figures. Over the last several years, I've gotten better about cherry picking the essentials rather than buying everything up and regretting half of my purchases later.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The few that I have I'll most definitely still enjoy. I don't see why the show ending would kill that enjoyment. There's still a couple of figures I would like to get. That is, assuming Hasbro ever releases them here in the states.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Well, even if the series was going to go on or not does not matter to me when I get a figure. What matters to me is if I really like it and I'll probably still like the TFP figures I have now when TFP turns 20.

8. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say this is where I'm quite glad that I took the Takara route to the Prime toy line. I mean after the animation runs its course, the extra cash shelled out on the Arms Micron is going to pay for itself as a sort of bridge to other lines.

9. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i'd love to get the molds we've seen stateside but honestly I would still want to see at least a few more...

I mean I can't have rumble without frenzy...and Shockwave?! Gah...

I hope that Season 3 gives us a few more on screen updates of a few characters that could translate into toys. It is one thing knowing that this "iteration" of transformers is closing but I'd be interested to know what the plans were for the future of the toy line until its ultimate demise.

10. Phantom6

Phantom6 Well-Known Member

Absolutely won't lose any love for them. I stick to screen figures and I plan to buy the season sets so the show may get old but for me it won't truly be gone.

11. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

assuming they even release DVDs of them all, a-la TFA.

then again the TFA DVDs are in some kind of IP purgatory so it's a slightly different situation.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, once the show ends the toys are dead to me.

*waaaaaaaaaaahhhh*

13. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive only collected show characters so far and its something im sticking too, however that magnus looks fantastic and is a possible next buy for me.

i think ill still appreciate them down the line :) 

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I hope they make a Shockwave, because I'll certainly buy that. But I haven't gotten any of the figures yet, only planning to get FE Bulkhead and Voyager Dread Wing. Possibly Smokescreen if they get around to it.

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

I've been buying the prime cast in Cyberverse scale. Originally i was just doing the CV commanders - LOVE the figures they've put out from prime in that scale, except OP who is an unbalanced floppy mess.

Then i realized the legion figs are in scale so i picked up cliffjumper, arcee and a couple of vehicons this weekend.

Hopefully everybody rage-sells theirs and i can pick up a cheap CV commander Megs, who i passed on because i am apparently some kind of new species of mutant super-******.

16. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

No, because I've already given up on the line. My FEs and RID, have already been packed up.

Reasons why:

1. I stupidly bought the FEs

2. I can't find any new figures at retail.

3. I'm not going to continue to pay high secondary market prices to get HTF figures

4. Not going to continue paying $60+ to import takara voyagers, that I should be able to get here for $20

5. Although I like the characters and toys, I've never been all that thrilled by the show.

6. And, last but not least........I already have a ton of Transformers!

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Of course I'll still appreciate them. The show is fantastic, and I love having physical representations of the characters.

18. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

ARG. Hasbro has full rights to Animated, it is in no way in purgatory. It could get a release anytime Hasbro and Shout (or what ever other companies handle TFs outside of the US)desire.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Probably not.I'm already starting to regret getting into this line in the first place.I think the main reason I even started this line was because there was nothing else out there to buy.

20. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    +1.

I still like my Animated and Bayverse toys. And if I stopped collecting just because there's no current animated media to go along with it, why would I bother collecting Masterpiece and Classics and a lot of third party stuff too?

Prime will always hold a special place in my heart due to the actors involved (Peter Cullen, Steve Blum, etc.) and the characters (Starscream, Wheeljack, Arcee, Ratchet, Knock Out, Agent Fowler--we need a little PVC minifig of him before the toyline is through XD). And a lot of the toys are just excellent on their own merit (all of the FEs, Wheeljack, Breakdown, Vehicon, etc.).

The Cyberverse line is pretty nice to go alongside mainline, and the smaller show cast means more completeness for their toys (hopefully none of the missing characters' toy shenanigans that happened with TFA). So yeah, my TFP stuff isn't going anywhere for a while.