Will You Marry Me? Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rebornee, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    That's an awesome idea! Hope she says yes!

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

For a second I thought you meant that you wanted to marry Soundwave! LOL!
    That's a cool idea. Go for it!

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    While talking to my girlfriend about this thread (she was reading it too), she said (jokingly of course) "Hey honey I think I got something that will really get you into transformers... but only if you like Transformers"

How about this, instead of doing it as a Christmas present, sit her down and tell her that you found this very rare TF variant. Tell her that it cost a lot of money, but that it's something you've been wanting to get for a long time, that it's a once in a life time buy and once she sees it she'll agree. Then present her with the Soundwave.

4. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i think a romantic way is better.

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I still thinks its creative and we cant really judge if it is good or not for her mark knows her so if he thinks it is the way to go than thats fine. Still good luck!

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have to agree with a few others in the thread. If she's not that into it, this will just seem selfish to her. That you used what you love to pop the question, instead of something she loves. As cool as it is as a TF fan, it's not that cool if she's not a big fan. For a woman, the proposal is the second most important event in her life ( with the wedding being first ). It should be something she LOVES, not just kinda likes because you are into it. Based on what you said, I'd rethink this whole idea.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I see the points a lot of the people saying "not a good idea" have. However, YOU'RE the one proposing, it's coming from the heart, and it's a part of you that you're offering. While I'm sure she probably has more romantic ideas on how to do it, this is probably a more personal way to go about it.

I'd say it's cool! Just make sure you're ready to drop to your knee and pop the question as soon as she finds it. :) 

And yes, like everyone says, let us know how it turns out! I hope she says yes, and I hope she loves your little scheme. :) 

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^THIS!

Listen, when you are both old sitting on your front porch in rocking chairs on a warm sunny morning and look back on fond memories of the time you've spent together, do you want her to remember your marriage proposal as being presented to her through the opening of a toy?

Didn't think so.

Come up with something MUCH more creative and close to her BEST MEMORIES with YOU.

Where did you guys first meet? Maybe you could arrange something there? Come up with an UNEXPECTED and creative way to have the ring appear out of nowhere, that's when you get her, at that split-second moment when she's surprised/confused/and happily-shocked all at once. Holding the ring so that she can CLEARLY see it, Pop the question.

Then come back and tell us how you did.

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    If you have enough doubt to ask people on a Tf forum, then there must be some doubt in your mind on whether this is the best way to do it. I guess you have to ask yourself, will she be happy telling her friends about this proposal? If so, then do it.
    One of my friend proposed at Botcon this year, and it was cool as all hell. And another one of my friends had his wife say mention lot's of trips to Toys r us and lots of toys in the actual wedding. It can work, but only you will know if it will or not.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    discussing it with my wife, she says it would be a good idea unless she hates transformers, if she likes them, even a little, then it should be a happy surprise

11. monsterikan

monsterikan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great idea. i'll wait for the video

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I think proposing like thise might not be the best way to do it (but granted, I think alot of people have done a much lesser job with it, so it's already cooler than most proposals!), I'd have to say one of these two ideas could really spice it up, especially the one Moonscream is proposing (LOL-PUN). Some kind of interactivity!

13. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Well whether or not this will work will depend on you and your girl's relationship and personalities. Transformers are NOT romantic and the romantic part of an engagement is more important to women than to men, usually.

Maybe your girl will find it cute that you went through all the trouble and that you came up with an original way to propose to her. I don't believe anyone here knows your girl so you're the only one that will be able to decide this. Actually now that I think about it, I'm going to show my girlfriend this and ask her what she thinks. She is not a transformers fan, not since she was a kid anyways ;-P

My advice will be, that you should put yourself in her shoes and really think about what she would want, and not what you would want. If she's been as patient as you say, then she deserves to be put first no?

*edit*

Well I asked my girlfriend and she said, more than anything, the fact that he thought up of something original counts for a lot because it means he cares. I totally didn't think she'd go for something like this but she said it was "cute", shows what I know right? :p 

14. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The whole point here is to blind side his girlfriend to increase the ZOMG factor when he proposes. Putting the ring in Soundwave will do just that. That being said, he can't just hand her the soundwave and wait for her to answer. The soundwave should only be the vessel for holding the ring, not the entire proposal itself. He still needs to have a romantic heart felt speech ready to go once she realizes there's a ring in Soundwave's chest.

15. Irony

Irony fangirl

Is Soundwave her favourite TF? Even if she isn't a fan but a TF "liker" she must have a favourite Transformer. I suggest using that figure.
    Or at least, make it sure she likes Soundwave.

Also, I wouldn't write the big question that visibly. Somewhere more hidden maybe? So that she would find the ring first, then it is your turn, and after that, you can show her the writing. And may your future children see that "Will you marry me?" on the shelf somewhere :)  If I were you, I'd write it on the figure somewhere. A sharp needle will do for writing, then you put white paint on it, then whipe it off, so that only the writing will remain white.

Whatever you do: I wish you good luck and long, happy, harmonic life to both of you!

16. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keeping my fingers crossed. You will let us know as soon as you can? Those kind of gifts are really the sweetest...all the best to you both!

17. rebornee

rebornee Well-Known Member

So im engaged hehe! Mark(rebornee) proposed using the soundwave tf and it was the biggest surprise ever i do like tf not the biggest fan but he knows me so well he knew i would love it and i cried he couldn't have done it any more perfect then how he did !
    soon to be miss rebornee!

He made me the happiest women ever on christmas day! thanks for all your support!

18. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    grats!!!!!!!

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoooh! Glad it turned out great after all!

Congrats you two!

20. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Congrats! So when's the wedding?

--Moony