Will you buy TF2 toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoundMaster, Jun 9, 2008.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Why or why not?

I'm actually a bit happy about the 1st movie line done with, and I'm a lot more interested in A toys. But next year, it starts all over again.

This is what what I will do. Get the voy/del Soundwave figure, and then just get all the rest with Legends class figs if they do them again. Legends are a cheap and easy way to get them all.

I really wish they would wait longer to do the next movie, and WE ALL KNOW that the M figs will be cloging the shelfs, but what happens, happens.

2. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    im gonna do what i did last year, just buy the figs that are in the movie

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Same here with the exception of arcee and longarm actully probly won't buy the whole gang again(even new characters)

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'll see how I feel ;) 

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm gonna buy the figures I like. I'm not gonna pull a TF1 and grab everything I can.

Worst comes to worst I just get Soundwave because he's Soundwave..

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'll by some, but I won't be getting any of characters that I already have a toy of. Most of the one's I'll get will probably be the new characters. I won't be surprised if we get a new mold for Optimus Prime. Depending on what it looks like, and what gimmicks it has, I might get it. He is one of the characters I never did get a decent toy of (only got a RH and a Titanium of him, good, but a bigger one would be nice for my collection).

7. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I only got a couple movie figures for the first one (Wreckage because he's a cool toy, and Ironhide because I like his alt mode...otherwise he's kind of disappointing), not counting Big Daddy and Jolt, as they are actually Cybertron figures. I thought most of the toys for the movie were really ugly. I came close to getting the 08 Bumblebee and Barricade, again based on alt mode, but thanks to the hideous robot modes, was able to resist.

The next batch of movie toys will have to try really hard if I'm going to even think about spending money on them. They're just too...ugly. I hear Micheal Bay talking about realism, but come on, they're giant alien robots from outer space that transform into vehicles. Let's not make this too difficult.

8. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got every GD figure from the 2007 movie.

Never doing that again, never being a completist like that again.

TF2 will definitely need to be felt out. Hasbro has to know that we are all drained on the last movie, and kids too, and parents that would buy for said kids. With the economy in such a slump, I'm hoping we'll see LESS toys this time, less repaints. but we all know it will be repaint city! We will all ready see an Arcee repaint, we know this! Sucks.

I am also agreeing that Soundwave will be the only major purchase, and maybe a leader Starscream if it gets made?

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'll treat it like any other line I've collected from, if I like the figure I'll get it...though I'll probably try and get the core cast at the least (still need Megs from the first movie line).

That said, I'm glad there is a bit of break before the next movie/realistic line. Though I love some of the figures, it just got dull to me. Animated is a nice way to fill that gap with something fun and different.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'll be getting all the core cast new characters, then perhaps picking up ones that may have been improved upon since the first film, such as a Starscream with hands, or any that may have changed drastically since the first film.

11. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I'll get they all, well..the movie style figures only this time. No more repaints from other lines, I fine they just don't suit the moive style. As far as I can remember Hasbro also said their going to be more perpared for the demand of the figures and for new molds too. I also remember and I believe someone had mention this in another thread that they'll be doing new/updated mold of th original figues.

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Probably. The movie figures were a lot of fun to paint and add a bit more realistic look to them.

13. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hell yes i will buy

14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chalk me up for a Hell Yes too.
    I hope they redo Ironhide, as much as I like that mold he could definitely do with another version.
    And hopefully Ratchet with his proper weapons and a better painted face.

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll just do like last time and buy what I like, which is what I do for all TF lines anyway.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won't buy any rereleased toys. If the character gets an all new toy, then maybe.

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm not gonna judge now how many toys I'm gonna buy from I line I haven't seen yet. That said, I only got a relative handful of the toys from the first movie (and I don't think I got anything bigger than a Deluxe), as I'm not an enormous fan of the aesthetic, but some were very cool and I had to. I have little doubt it'll be the same for the new film.

18. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I'm of course buying Soundwave for sure. Even if he is crappy, I'll get him just for the sake of having him.
    Maybe I'll get Jetfire if he looks good, I've got a complete collection from movie 1 (Except for Frenzy, which my dog ate, and Scorponok, which I gave to my brother).

I'll probably end up getting all the NEW characters. Soundwave, Jetfire, ice-cream truck twins, all that stuff.

19. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they're not as kibble-tastic, unnecessarily difficult, and ugly as the first TF Movie toys were, then sure.

But otherwise, I'd rather pass on these. Animated and Classics/Universe are more than enough to sate my TF appetite, especially when I know they'll be a gajillion times better than TF2 toys.

20. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't like the movie or the toyline except real gear before they started putting movie themed pics on the stickers....