Will you buy FoC Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sioce, Jun 2, 2012.

?

Will you buy any version of FoC Bruticus?

1. Yes

79.3%
  2. No

20.7%
  1. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been thinking about this a lot today, and am very curious where others stand.

I read somewhere that Hasbro is taking a chance on doing FoC Bruticus and that if it is a good seller, they will look at doing others.

Based on this I intend to buy at least 3 of him, possibly more depending on if I can get a hook-up at SDCC.

So that is my question, given it's odd looks (mistransformed?) bad(?) choice on retail version colors and possible impact on future releases, Will you buy an FoC Bruticus?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'll get the G2 version. I've a soft spot for that color scheme since I got all but Onslaught when I was a kid.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I want SDCC Bruticus, simply because he's the right colors and looks much better than Kool Aid-Icus.

But, if I have to, I'll buy the regular releases. Compared to the Energon combiners, this guy isn't half bad simply because both feet can be level on the ground, and I do want a more modern take on Menasor so I will show my support. I'll just repaint the mass releases into more accurate colors.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    yes.

I would love a screen accurate SDCC version but I have no clue on how to obtain it.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I can find the SDCC version for a decent price, most likely. But retail colors? Screw that shit.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Whichever one I can get my hands on first, whether that's one of the two box sets or a set-of-five of the retail versions. I don't care too much about colour scheme, I just want a version of the molds without having to hunt for all five at retail.

I'm also thinking of buying every Onslaught that I see in stores and using them as Toys for Tots donations, just to screw with people.

7. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More fun to do it with brawl or swindle...lol That way you can combine it kind of... but it won't stand. :) 

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    hell yeah, all 3 versions if possible

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Actually, I've heard rumors that you can actually do Scramble City with FoC Bruticus and use the legs as arms and vice versa, as they too have hidden combiner hands. It's just a rumor, and to date we've never seen it be done with any physical samples, but I'm just putting what I know out there.

Three versions? Aside from SDCC and retail G2, what's the third version?

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but if the legs are interchangeable, someone can just get two Brawls or two Swindles and have a functional combiner. Can't combine a damn thing without the torso piece.

11. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

No. I might buy a few of the separate figures, but I might end up just getting them all. Probably won't ever combine them into Bruticus.

12. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only version I want is the SDCC one, and I don't see myself being able to afford one anytime soon so probably not.

13. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I'll be buying the SDCC one, and I want the G2 one, too.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, a Hasbro employee confirmed it in an interview a while back.

1. SDCC game deco
    2. Retail Energon deco
    3. G2 deco

Anyway, I'll be getting the SDCC and G2 versions for sure. Not so sure about the retail Energon deco Bruticus.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I'd love to be able to get the SDCC version, but the likelihood is I'll end up with the retail version.

16. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Retail Energon, SDCC accurate, Exclusive(possibly Amazon) G2

EDIT: Ninja'd

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    let me think... FUCK YES! i've yet to get all five combaticons regardless of what universe they come from. FOC BRUTICUS WILL BE MY MOST PRIZED FIGURE

18. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn't heard the scramble city crap was confirmed... at least that explains the odd looks of the combined mode... Good nod to a couple dozen collectors, but I think the vast majority would have preferred game accuracy and good looks vs. a lame gimmick and derpy looks.

But hey, maybe the kids will eat it up?

BTW I'm hoping the pic in my signature is the correct transformation for it. :D  If so, I'm as happy as can be and will be all over every repaint of this baby!!

19. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in for sure. SDCC looks perfect IMO, but otherwise I'll take the g2 set. The back up plan is to repaint the retail version.

On a slight derail, would it be worth making a SDCC Bruticus buyer/seller hook up thread?

I've no idea if this has worked in the past but it might help to link up those of us who can't be at SDCC with those kind souls willing to pick up an extra set.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will be buying the SDCC version as that is the game accurate version. Also the individual bots colors don't look awful for that version. It is extremely possible I'll be buying multiples of some of the figures. Brawl for example will definitely have a retail buy because my multiplayer character was a Brawl repaint so I'll be repainting one.

Worst case scenario if Bruticus looks like crap in person, then I have 5 Cons to fill the ranks.

Actually it's been confirmed I want to say 3 times now that they are Scramble City. I believe there was a Game Informer article about them, they confirmed it at Toy Fair, and I want to say there was another place but I forget.

The three versions are the SDCC game accurate version, the retail Energon version, and the Amazon G2 version.