will wheeljack stick around?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by wowzers, Feb 17, 2011.

1. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    in transformers prime do you think wheeljack will stick around with the autobots or he will only be in one episode?was it ever confirmed if he would stick around?id hate to see wheeljack turn out like Skyquake

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i think he will bite the bullet, seeing as the *SPOILER*

episode discription that mentioned him said the meeting did not go as planned

3. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

This has been pretty much discussed over the past week or so, particularly here. Skyquake's death may not be very reassuring, but I'm pretty sure the writers aren't planning on killing off every new character. Since we have more Decepticons being introduced than we have Autobots, the balance is still in the Decepticons' favor, a status what the writers have stated they intend on keeping.

Wheeljack and Prime's Ratchet are my favorite characters, so I would certainly love for him to stick around. The result would be comedy gold.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I don't know about whether he'll stick around or not (at least, as far as season 1 is concerned), but I doubt he'll be killed off. It's time to introduce a non-main character who isn't killed off immediately.

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Maybe he'll turn up and take up residence in a nice, safe, very out of the way, research centre in the middle of Death Valley or Coopers Peddy in Australia. Every so often, it explodes unexpectedly.

6. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure he won't die. Seems ridiculous especially for a hugely popular character like him. If they were going to kill him they would of given him the name of a lesser known or unpopular character. Skyquake died cause he was based off a character most fans didn't know existed. Of all the Transformers the writers could of named him after, why they would pick that and not someone more recognizable if they were going to have him be a permanent addition to the cons? If the writers are going to write a reoccurring character, and give them lots of development and spot light, they are most likely going to give them the name of a previous Transformer who is popular or well known to promote this new character more or take a risk and give it a completely new name and hope it becomes the next Lockdown.

The fact the meeting doesn't go as planned is a clear indication he'll make an appearance in this episode and fall into the same category as either Tigatron, reoccurring before finally joining OR his role will be like the Dinobots/Wreck-Gar/Sentinal Prime/Jazz in Transformers Animated. He'll appear in a single or maybe even a cluster of episodes and then be elsewhere for the rest of the show.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wheeljack has always been my all time favorite Autobot, not counting the Armada guy, that wasn't Wheeljack, IMO. As long as they don't kill him off this season, I'll be happy.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My guess is they will not bump off Wheeljack. Killing off a character isn't the only way to get a character out of the story. Earth is a big planet so perhaps Wheeljack will have a lab somewhere else or place he feels connected to. It's hinted at that there are Autobots and Decepticons on other worlds perhaps he feels he has to get back to his team.

Not sure if they will add him to the team yet since it seems kind of early. But if the writers feel confident they can juggle more characters you never know. I mean it did look like the team was going to be a little bigger before Cliffjumper got killed.

9. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

I also think Wheeljack will probably stick around for a bit, as a sort of replacement for Cliffjumper.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably gonna die.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I think that Wheeljack should assume the role of the cool character, take a guitar and then wander around the world and then meeting with the Autobots whenever he is needed. :p 

Ok, now seriously, i am betting he will stay, there is no point of bringing a new character to kill him -again- or just never use the model one more time.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think they will. They already killed two guys, this one (hopefully) won't follow that trend

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think he'll stick around as a permanent add-on to the team, but at the same time I don't think they'll kill him off in the same episode they introduce him in. I think he'll be called-in to help after the
    scraplet disaster
    . Might stick around for a couple of episodes or so, but will go off to do his own thing at some point, and then inevitably return later on. Could possible take part in the
    epic ending to the first season

We'll just have to wait and see.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I sure hope that Wheeljack doesn't bite the dust.

16. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm...new characters seem to have a very short life span, so I woudln't be suprised if he is bumped off. I don't know that much about Prime's Wheeljack. If he is killed, it would probably balance out the casualty rate since the autobots have been killing off so many of the Eradicons/Vehicons recently and left Megatron a scrap heap.

It might be about time the Decepticons win a bit.

This might mean that there are more autobots on earth than the current team. After all, Prime and his team are supposed to be stranded on earth. If Wheeljack can reach earth via spaceship, then the autobots can leave.

If Wheeljack came by ship they might need to kill him off to keep the autobots on earth.

17. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
  18. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, come on. TWO characters have died. That's hardly cause to start shouting "THEY'RE GONNA KILL EVERY NEW CHARACTER".

If I had to guess, he'll stick around for an episode or two, and then go back to wherever he was before arriving on Earth for a bit and make recurring appearances. He's not gonna join the main cast.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

My theory: he doesn't die, but he ends up stranded from the rest of the team.

Maybe Wheeljack figures out a way to modify the ground bridge into a space bridge, temporarily. But something goes wrong and he ends up on some random distant world.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wheeljack is a shoo-in for recurring character. Every so often he pops up and makes their lives more interesting. The kids love him; Ratchet hates him.