Will we see Galvatron again?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Now I have a personal bias when ti comes to old Galvy here.

He was always the Decepticon leader to me as he looked much cooler than Megatron, plus his time-traveling arc in the Marvel comics is one of my all time favourite Transformers stories.

Now while I like IDW taking the approach of him being a different guy than Megatron, and while I think that Guidi's design for him is fucking awesome I didn't really like what he's done and how he acted in IDW as a whole, and having Chaos be the end of him would make me a sad panda.

So do think we'll see him make a comback in the continuity or will we only see him again in flashbacks like in the RID Annual?

2. gregles

gregles quintesson

I feel exactly the same as you about Galvertron in this continuity and the marvel one.

I feel torn as galvertron seems to be linked with all the weakest parts of idw's continuity like D-void, the heart of darkness and the dead universe and if by bringing him back we get all that back I would personally say no thanks. Some of that stuff could maybe reappear but it would have to be retconned to either make more sense or be more interesting than the bland mystical stuff it was previously

I would like the idea of the crew of the lost light finding him damaged and nearly dead floating in space, when they bring him on board he is ranting and raving claiming to be megatron and to have seen the future and the past and primus's other. Cyclonus publicly disowns him and the crew decide it would good idea for him to take a long rest on rungs couch for therapy and maybe even chromdone could even take a look at those memories of his

3. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'd be a shame to waste the character. I'd like to go back and reread his run in the old Marvel comics. Only thing I recall about the guy was he was crazy and talked about himself in the third person which unnerved everyone.

The G1 Animated series really hit home for me and I was disappointed his toy was not better back in the day.

4. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I'm also a big sucker for Galvatron. Always liked his Marvel comics color scheme more than his Sunbrow one, his face being dark grey rather than snow white used to make him a lot more sinister.

I liked most of his iterations, Chaos and Heart of Darkness has left me highly disappointed though. We'll definately see him again (unless IDW goes bankrupt in the near future), but I think he needs at least one more year before he can pop up without him feeling oversaturated. Also, giving him a somewhat different role compared to his previous ones in the IDWerse would help. I'm positive Roberts could handle him quite well, I wouldn't want to force him using the raging herald unless he was already planning to do so at one point.

On a side note, as much as I don't think RG1 is going where it should be going, I still have faith in Furman using his favorite megalomaniac madbot well. We'll see

5. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still hold galvy as an upgraded megatron. No other reason for him, and I do love his character-1986 movie wise. Now, I have not read anything in the IDW verse with him in it, so I cant speak from that aspect. But galvy is a mainstay a far as I am concerned and I cant really see him as being irrelevant in any verse if he is in it, hes too much of a wildcard to be left a lone. I am trying to catch up on the IDW stuff, so hopefully I will come across him soon.

6. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Galvatron come back. If only so when I start actually reading these series I can see him in action (other than in back issues).

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Spoilers, I guess...

Optimus, Hot Rod, Arcee, Hardhead, Cyclonus, Jhiaxus, and Galvatron were all in Vector Sigma's chamber when Prime merged the Matrix with it. As it stands, Galvatron is the *only* one among them who thus far, hasn't been seen since.

Comic books being comic books, I have a tough time imagining that in that huge explosion of light, Galvatron was the only one who truly vanished and will forever remain that way.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I hope he comes back, of only because his design was insanely badass.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Galvatron is done for the time being - the focus seems to be elsewhere - but I doubt he is gone for good.

When the time is right, he'll make a reappearance.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sure why not?

11. rung for life

rung for life designer

i rather not have him as a zombie making robot who travels into dead universe and back... i just want either a charismatic leader like the G1 movie or the plain crazy freak like the rest of the series but ... somehow... joker crazy... i always saw him as the joker of the transaformers.

12. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    He just screams wasted potential so far, I hope when, not if, when he returns he'll do better.

Pretty much everything he's done after Revelations can be explained in short sentences. He shows up, asks the opposing force to surrender their forces to him with NO explanation, and then starts shooting around when they say no.

I'd love to see him return and Cyclonus, if still alive at that point, turns on him and becomes his arch rival. From what's been said and hinted so far, Cyclonus doesn't really like the guy at all.

Though to be honest, crazy imperfections and grand delusions of grandeur apart, he never did mean bad. He's the only DU bot that expresses regret at killing others, and even when manipulated, he wants to SAVE planets and people instead of dominate them. His means just SUCK, that's all.

13. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hopefully when he shows up he'll be completely insane after having the Heart of Darkness within him (honestly, just typing those words makes me shudder at the awfulness of it) forcebly destroyed and his link to the dead universe severed. As long as it's not revealed that he's part of Prowls Machiavellian plot that is.

14. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, as the herald of Unicron!

15. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    That would really suck for Galvatron. Third time as the tool of someone(thing) else.

16. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope IDW stay away from Unicron. He's such a one-dimensional villain. I'm having a much better time following Overlord, the DJD, and what the D-cons on Cybertron are up to than seeing Unicron do the same thing over, and over and over again.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unicron could work. He doesn't have to be one dimensional - that's just how he's been used in the past.

Give him some serious, "incarnation of the universal chaos" level stuff, the personification of chaos, not evil but chaos, and chip away at that to establish he exists not to destroy for the sake of destroying, but to preserve an ongoing cycle of creation and destruction to prevent the universe stagnating and fading into darkness where no new creation can happen.

You suddenly make a one dimensional destroyer a whole lot more morally ambiguous, "ends justify the means" character who just wants to ultimately preserve the universe the only way he knows how.

All that said, I agree. He's a trifle overused and the comics are doing fine without having him on the scene right now. Roberts and Barber are doing a great job as they are with their motley rogue's gallery, they don't need a chaos bringer bringing the chaos.

18. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sol - if they did indeed writer Unicron that way, then i'd totally be up for it. Unicron can be much more than he has been written in the past. But i'm glad you also agree there's plenty of other great characters that're being used currently, that Unicron is not needed.

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I actually liked the Dead-verse Galvatron up until the end of Revelation's.

Everything beyond that was disappointing though.

I am currious to know how Roberts take on him would be different than Overlord or even Tarn.

Point being that Galvatron is due some much needed justice.

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I always wanted Unicron to be a more of a Cthulu like monster of Transformers.

But considering how they already did that shit with D-Void I guess that Unicron won't be something like that.