Will we see Bruticus in the 2nd movie? (my own personal dream…)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lt.col. alexander powers, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

Continuing the trilogy or 4 part movie ideas (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=118469), don't you think it will be great to see the rest of the Combaticons gang showing up?

We already have Brawl in the 1st movie, so we just need Blast Off, Onslaught...
    [​IMG]
    Vortex & Swindle, maybe with some replacements, Blackout instead of Vortex? Bonecrusher instead of Swindle?

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope we see some kind of combiner in the sequel - but it may not have the exact same members as a G1 combiner team. But I think one roughly based on Bruticus would be fantastico.

3. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

I'd like a combiner for the upcoming movie toyline, BTW. I mean, since there seems to be some bots in the toyline that aren't in the movie (like that light tank thing) and since they certainly haven't been busy making a combiner for Classics I'd hope there's one planned.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    unfortunately, [SPOILER WARNING]

pretty much all of the decepticons (everyone apart from starscream i think) get blown to smithereens in the movie, so its pretty unlikely that youll see any of them in the sequels

5. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

uh-oh [SPOILER HOTDOGS]

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

If brawl makes it out alive!

7. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

its funny you ask because even though Bruticus is not my favorite combiner, I feel like he would make the most sense in terms of the direction of the movie. So if there are combiners, my vote would be for Bruticus.

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I really dont think they'd be able to keep the same vehicle modes as a classic combiner if they chose to. They'd need vehicles roughly the same scale as each other. Then again, the way they combine would most likely be totally different.

9. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Actually, I could live with a combiner ditching the scramble city model to accomodate varying size for components, and trying something unusual in terms of combination.

10. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    There was an old thread about combiners in future films that I am too lazy to go look up, but the biggest point brought up was how do the 5 personalities and minds of one bot come together to control just one giant gestalt? I really don't see how they could reasonably over come this question to make a combiner believable in a future film.

If we end up seeing Bruticus, it will be in a solo form.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Maybe it’s just a pre-programmed personality that kicks in.

If they did do a combiner my guess is they would combine in some radically different way. Like with each bot becoming part of several parts and not just this guy is the left arm, that guy is the right leg and so on. Or the team doesn’t have individual robot modes at all. But how ever they did it would end up pissing a bunch of people off I’m sure.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    man. a combiner would be freakin gorgeous *drool*

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I still think that IF they ever did a combiner, it should be Devastator. But considering the creative liberties taken with singular robots in the movie, god knows what they'd do with a combiner if given the chance. It would probably entail about 10 different characters that morphform rather than the 5 or 6 we would expect each becoming a specified limb. And it would probably look more like a walking scrapyard of metal than an actual robot... with an obligatory alien bug face hidden somewhere in it.

14. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Devastator against Defencor (the two I always battled with as a kid) or Predaking against Metroplex, not a combiner I know, but he could interact with them (remember 'scramble city'?).
    BUT - movie combiners = $$$.
    They would cost a hell of a lot of cash to make digitally and even more to make full size or scale mock-ups etc. I think they won't because if they appear once people will feel ripped off if the two sides hardly ever use them again, if at all, after their first appearance.
    If they were so bold as to do it, they'd probably destroy the whole group or have one of the combiners 'killed off' to make an excuse for them not combining ever again.

15. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I don't see how cost factors into to a combiner not being used. The CGI wouldn't be any more difficult than any other CGI work and a doubt a combiner wuld ever be made into a real prop. The only bot props we have seen are BB and Megs legs. The stand in blue mock up like we saw for Prime might not even be a factor. I mean the only blue mock up we saw was a half bust of Prime.

I think if it were to be done it obviously couldn't look like he cartoon. If it did it would be too power ranger like. I like the idea of none of the bots on the team having a distinct personality. Perhaps they could all fight separately, but have a mental link like the borg. While each bot could do a different task while not combined, they would all share a common mind. Then this mind combines when the bots combine. If it works for the Borg it would work for TFs.

16. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how would the new bruticus look would blast off be the legs and swindle fusion armor? no one will know...

17. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Zombie thread!!!!!!!!111!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!!