will we ever see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    do you think we will ever see a deluxe gun megatron (like the legends rts one)

how awesome would that be. since it seems to be the case that legends get an eventual upgrade (jazz, warpath, i think there are a few more)

i know gun toy laws make this difficult now a days but it would be awesome to stand such a figure next to say .. the deluxe classice prime that resembles his g1 self

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I kinda doubt it just because of the law... Those damn laws, always screwing up our plans.

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

The laws surrounding G1 Megatron are so stupid. I can't believe what this country has come to. I mean really?

4. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

you can buy a real gun, but you can't buy a megatron gun. You can buy any guns that are toys, but no megatron. Maybe they're afraid, that he's actually a REAL robot that transforms into a gun, that will shoot people by itself!
    But even in the cartoon, someone had to pull the trigger.

I think the government is this finger

5. CypherCrowley

CypherCrowley Well-Known Member

I am most likely in no position to judge what's going on in your country, but I must say I do get the impression that it's much easier to buy/sell a real gun in the USA than a vaguely realistic looking fake one. Seems pretty absurd to me.

Since I always display all my figures in robot mode anyway I'd be satisfied with a classics megs that has some sort of recognizable combat vehicle as his alt-mode as long as his bot-mode resembles his G1 self the way previous classics have done, like Perceptor for example.

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i can literally buy a gun and turn around and sell it to my neighbor (the same day) but cant buy a g1 megatron in the U.S and even if you import one it has to have the orange tip.

when i got my masterpiece one i was told it didnt have the orange tip and i was terrified that it would get stuck in customs. but i think becasue it was in robot mode there was not issures.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well the reason its easier to buy a real one than a realistic fake one is because if you wave around something that looks like a gun and scare people, the cops want to shoot you. if it was a fake gun, they're screwed. so they try to remove the fake gun from the equation. Makes sense well enough to me. I'm not necessarily thrilled with this, but its not completely unreasonable

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    oh dont get me wrong i understand the purpose of such laws, but you have to admit at times its kinda laughable.

rts legends megatron for example there is no way that thing could be confused for a real weapon

9. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

The goverment thinks you would rob a gas station with megs, but anyways im fine with a nongun altmode megs aslong as they dont screw up the bot mode i would buy it even if it turned into a rubber duck

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Nope, pretty much the Legends G1 Megatron from RTS is all we're ever going to get as far as a Megatron figure that transforms into a gun from Hasbro.

Takara-Tomy will have no problems releasing a Deluxe Megatron figure that transforms into a gun, though.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This. Back when i was a kid there were highly realistic Toy guns, a friend of mine had a pair of scaled down toy Ak-47s that from the distance of a few feet you could not tell weren't real. This was in late 1970s and early 80s, as one might sadly expect cops mistook these highly realistic toy guns for the real thing and shot kids by mistake. In reaction to a number of these instances laws were passed requiring the orange tips on the guns its also possible there are other restrictions i am not aware of as well.

The legends class G1 Megatron is small enough its unlikely to be mistaken for a real gun. A Deluxe class version would be size wise easily mistakable for a real gun so its a no go for Hasbro.

12. ZTS

ZTS Banned

We could, theoretically, see a Deluxe Megatron that turned into a nonrealistic gun with the Walther's silhouette. It'd have to be neon, but it would at least exist. In fact, if they could cast all his original toy's plastic in the same colour (which has given difficulty), that could even be re-released.

As for the "You can buy real guns" thing, yes yes you can (IF you're an adult. Selling real guns to kids is a bad idea for several resons). The point of the laws is to make it incredibly obvious from a distance what's real and what isn't.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro can't even use the Classics Megatron mold anymore. I don't think they're looking to push their luck too much further in that regard.

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think the trick is to make him a "hidden" triple changer. Advertise him as Megatron that turns into whatever. Have him have a fan mode where he turns into a gun.

The govt would have a field day with this though if it was ever found out. That is why it is nice that we have iGear.