Will We Ever See RTS Scout Rumble, Frenzy, and *AHEM* Windcharger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, May 5, 2011.

?

Will We Ever See RTS Rumble, Frenzy, and Windcharger

1. Yes--Hasbro designed them...we'll see them eventually in some form or another.

69 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. No--There's a good chance that we may never see them again.

21 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. I Don't Know--I can't predict the future!! =)

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    What are the odds that we'll ever see these figures? If we don't see them now, will we seem them in different packaging in a different line a while from now?

I'm worried that these figures are going to go by the wayside like Universe legends Warpath, Wheelie, and Cosmos.

A couple of years ago, the Universe trio were available for a short time (if at all) at the end of the Universe line and we never saw or heard from them again.

I still regret not being able to score Wheelie, Warpath, and Cosmos.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I could see Hasbro re-releasing these guys, I mean at some places you can still find Cybertron Scout repacks.

Rumble and Frenzy two pack would be friggin awesome. 2 birds with one stone.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    They will probably come out at some point during the movie line run.

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Hasbro said no and that you should quit asking otherwise they'll scrub more Chug toys.

And "Yes Hasbro designed them"? Odds are TAKARA did the actual designing. (no?)

5. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I look at RTS windcharger every day. I own one.:scalper 
    MOSC and I'm not selling. I own him for the purpose of gloating to OptimusGinrai. lol

6. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I know that Takara most likely were the designers.....I wrote Hasbro by mistake. My point was that the time, effort, and $$$ was put into making these great figures exist....will they completely scrap them now?....this late in the game??

7. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Depends on what you mean and what hairs you want to split. Takara probably did the "engineering". Hasbro probably did the "design"--the look of the character in all modes.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I think, things are a bit more shaky for Windhcharger.... there's no apparent evidence that Rumble was ever put into mass production.

Aside from which, that mold isn't that good.

Like Autovolt said. 2 pack. Store exclusive. TRU probably won't say no.

Collectors can buy the two of them in one go, and it will be over and done with.

Hasbro reps are likely to get an ear bending at Botcon.

9. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Uh, not to criticise your USA-centricness, but Windcharger has been spotted a lot in England. I've shipped six of him to the States myself.

As for Frenzy/Rumble, I doubt we'll be seeing them with the DOTM line coming up. =/ Seems Takara is the only way to go on that score, and I refuse to pay $90+ for two Scouts. That's just ridiculous.

10. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    To all that are going to botcon:

Please blow their hair back with the amount of questions and complaints concerning the shitty distribution of the Generations/RTS lines.

If stores aren't ordering stock, Hasbro should find creative ways to get it out there.....such as store exclusives and they could really use Hasbro Toy Shop to get stock out to the public.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rumble/Frenzy in a Hasbro two-pack should definitely happen, even if it is an exclusive somewhere. With Windcharger (and Grapple, Lugnut, maybe the RtS deluxe singles) it is hard to say. But look at how much G.I. Joe product ended up at Ross & Toys R Us Express in 2010. Stuff that WAS supposed to be internet-retailers only like the Cobra Island sets and the Stinger wave of vehicles and stuff that was "canceled" like the final wave of Target exclusives. And Transformers is (allegedly) a much more popular brand than Joe, and should have much more volume of product made, even if it isn't distributed in a certain region when it should be. So this stuff should show up somewhere..

+-MWG-+

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    windcharger i doubt we will see again as is, figures like rumble and downshift, that were never sent to any stores at all, have more of a chance

the stocks of windcharger though have been shipped out, just not to america

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope they come out. I have all three and they're among my favorites of the last year. ESPECIALLY the cassettes.

14. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Windchager is out, and will not be re-released "as is" unless they break the tradition. Rumble/Frenzy hasn't been released (same with the other scout repaints) so they'll make it out at some point.

Now Hasbro will likely recolor the windcharger mold and use it again, but what they should do is add a black stripe or some battle damage and put out a "racing windchager" or "battle damage windcharger" just so fans will get him, thanks to the poor distro. THEN do a blue/black/orange repaint down the line.

15. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I think we'll see them. I really like the idea of a 2 pack for Rumble and Frenzy released. I'd pay the $22 it would possibly cost. As long as they don't make it a TRU exclusive. Nightmares of trying to obtain MP Grimlock are still had.

16. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still holding out hope for them. We know Hasbro went through the troubles of producing them. They just have to figure out how they want to release them.

17. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    They're great figs and they should see the light of US retail day, even if it is long after DOTM.

But for every almost released fig that makes it, isn't there something that never appeared? I haven't been a modern collector for that long but compare:

Henkei Alert = Gen Red Alert
    TFA Blackout = no US Retail

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think the time has now passed for these guys. I'm sorry to say but anyone voting 'yes' is surely just thinking wishfully? Not that I don't want to see the unreleased figures out there, but with DotM just days away..? Realistically my feeling is to say 'no chance'.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't vote since the options were so limited.

1) Windcharger is already out.
    2) I wouldn't be surprised if we seen Rumble or Frenzy down the line.
    3) Even if we don't see those specific characters the mold won't go to waste. Legends Warpath = Gutbuster, Legends Hot Rod = Smokescreen, DOTM Hot Rod, Legends Wheelie = Shadow Striker.
    4) I don't think Hasbro will get an earful at Botcon. Most people going to Botcon are knowledgeable enough about the situation. One person is going to ask though but Hasbro will give the same answer they give all the time, that they are trying their best to get all the figures out, because hey who doesn't like money, but major retailers make the big decision on what is ordered. Hasbro will then say they will try to look for other avenues (TRU, BBTS) but it's ulitimately up to the retailers. And that will be the end of that. This isn't new news guys.

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have all 3 on my desk right now :confused: