Will we ever see another TFC style gen 1 reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barricade13, May 21, 2008.

1. barricade13

barricade13 Member

Just wondering?

I know encore series is out and the prices are resonable, but I really LOVE the bookend style of the TFC series.

2. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Nope but we can hope!

3. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the TFC bookstyle collection as well. The box art and binder inserts are nice additions. I hope to see more but think it is unlikely.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I doubt it. Reissues are really popular in Japan, but they don't do very well in the West; that's why when Hasbro did do them, they were store exclusives, and I think a lot of 'em warmed the shelves even then.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Unfortunately no, but I'm not complaining about what they're doing with Encore.

6. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    well hasbros problem was they were really marked up some of the reissues were like buying from the aftermarket at least at my tru. and they didnt warm shelves here they were almost always sold out. then they had to go and close my tru to make it a BRU and then about 6 months they closed up. so i have to go about thirty minutes north or south.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

True, they weren't cheap, which may not have helped. And although they may well have been permanently sold out at your local, naturally their sales are based on more than one store. I know my local one always had loads.

8. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    There's the problem.

Poor distribution methods.
    Does anyone remember the drama that was Commemorative Series Sideswipe? It was even news to Hasbro @ Botcon that TRU lost these pallets. They were located and sent to KB Toys for sale instead.

Anyone remember the Tuesday Morning fiasco? Cases of Rodimus Prime and Ricochet were ending up at this discount chain for $7.99 ea. At the same time, many members were reporting that "I've never seen RP in a store".

How about last year's Classics Soundwave? Somehow, that turned into an eBay exclusive.

Awful price pointing.
    TRU was (and still is) getting destroyed by Wal-Mart in sales. This caused reissue pricing to increase and decrease on a weekly basis. I remember seeing Prowl go from $29.99, to $34.99, to 24.99, to 17.99, to 28.99. It was everywhere.

If reissues are to survive, they need to be done through Target. Their shopper demographic lands right within the market and they have top notch distribution methods.

(don't get me started on Wal-Mart "exclusives" ... the Chicagoland area never saw MP SS, Alt Ravage, Alt Rumble)