will we ever see a multi continuity multi game transformer series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 25, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i got a question when it comes to multi continuity transformers mythos

will we ever see a multiple game multi continuity transformers game series over the years ?

basicly take the whole idea behind the brave wars game series and the new century brave wars game series but with that very concept being applied to the tranformers mythos asa multiple continuity crossover game series

i can't even begin to imagine how awesome that would be asa transformer video game series

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I could see it, but then again with how fanboys tend to accept some series and reject others, it would be hard to market.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I just want a freaking G1 Transformers game that's fun to play, has solid replay value, and offers multiplayer. To date, we still have never had one.

4. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I would like to see one done in the Mavel : UA style I think that the best way to approach it. Although the Dynasty Warrior style of the G1 ps2 game was fun but just at the boss battles. Maybe a meshing of the two.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally, I'd rather any TF game made took one group of characters and told a story with them. The problem with the TF shows is that they are all pretty different and wouldn't fit together well for a number of reasons (Minicons, Cyber Keys, and shouting all to trigger super attacks? What about the G1 guys? Ooops, G1 Megatron just trod on BW Megatron), unlike the Brave shows, which were all pretty consistent and had a few loose ties to begin with (similar themes, even to the point of some shows being possibly but not quite the same universe).

The other thing about all the Brave games, they introduced a new lead, who drove the story. The other stories happened around him, but at the end of the day, it was his story. Would a TF game work if G1 Optimus, Armada Optimus, and Victory Saber were all playing second fiddle to some newcomer?

There's also the issue of the cast size, etc.

It is a good idea, and there are a few plotlines that could work - best one is the "universal melting pot" utilised by TF Universe. Transformers of all times, realities and series drawn into a single arena, where it is do or die. Fight to survive.

Again, though, the problem is casting. Even a story like that needs a certain restriction on characters, or else you end up with uber-powered Omega Primes and Magnajet Optimus Primes slugging it out with Devil Gigatrons and Master Galvatrons. But then take away the big names and the whole "dream match" aspect loses its appeal.

The other possibility is a story spanning many generations, like the SNES game Live a Live. Each "chapter" of gameplay follows one cast as they fight against their respective villains, and also face off with the "new" big bad who crosses between all the different continuities. Then at the end everyone comes together for a final showdown.

That could work. Though those hoping to have Victory Saber and Cybertron Optimus fighting side by side would still probably be disappointed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Fixed.

Out of all the games out right now, only a minute percentage of what you and I are asking for makes up the general game population. We will never see a great TF game until the quality of games increases itself, or we receive a studio who REALLY cares about the franchise.
    DN

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Does the transformers TCG with the 3d models of tfs count? Because if so, there already is one.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    My quote didn't need to be "fixed." It's what I would like to see. I know it will probably never happen, but it's still what I want.

And to say that there haven't been "many" in regards to TF games that offer all those things? There has not been even ONE. The TF Armada game was moderately fun to play, but it was a gaming experience steeped in annoyance and frustration and it was rather lacking in several ways.

Otherwise, you have the movie game that got generally mixed reviews--from kinda fun to mediocre to crap, depending on your POV.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I know its what you want, I fixed it to illustrate just how far off anything remotely like a game we could all enjoy really is. Its pretty sad, especially with the entire market shifting more and more towards the "casual" scene.
    DN

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

This thread makes me want a really good Beast Wars game.

The one for PC was ok, but I just don't like playing games on the computer >_>

I actually liked the Transmetal "fighting" game for N64, but I think that's my major Beast Wars fanboy-ism looking past the fact that it's not a very well-made game.

I thought the Armada game for PS2 was pretty sweet, the graphics were excellent and there were no annoying kids. I think I would've liked Armada if it were more like that game rather than the actual show xD

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Heck I'd be happy if we could get a game where you could pick which era of Transformers you wanted to play as. Kind of like with the movie game I really don't like the movie look so no way I was going to play movie characters long enough to unlock G1 characters.

The problem right now I guess is finding a publisher willing to risk the investment into a Transformers game that isn't just a movie tie in game. With the insane cost of development most game makers seem to go for sequals these days rather than risky new ground like a game where you would need a good balance of robot and alt mode play.

12. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a multi series game for the gamboy colour dealing with the beast wars in japan. it was a figting game with characters from beast wars, beast wars 2nd and beast wars neo. its no too bad and uses the standard streetfighter moveset. However most of the characters are from the 2 japanese series with only convoy(optimus primal), megatron and cheetas(cheetor) in the game from the english series. Its called Duel Fight Transformers: Beast Wars Beast Warriors' Strongest Decisive Battle prob the longest game name ever but it is a fun little game.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Id like to see a TF game where the plot deals with Unicron threatening all the continuities and members from each one are sent to deal with the crisis. Each stage would take place with different characters in different universes and ultimately towards the end they all meet up. Downloadable content would include extra TF characters to play and may be it would work at a 3rd person shooter, and there would be specific levels where vehicle modes would be the only way to get through it, like in Gears of War where you have to drive that tank through the highway.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Interesting! Can you play as Break and peck a Pred's eyes out?

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´de like to see a Kotor style game of the BM Wreckers.

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    No. The only characters you could use were Lio Convoy, Scuba, Cheetas, Convoy, Gavatron, Megastorm, Guiledart and Megatron.

17. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could also unlock Artemis and Moon (narrators of Beast Wars second) and a Boxing kangaroo called Star Upper.

18. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Forgot about them.