will we ever see a animated powermaster prime upgrade set?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Feb 13, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the reason i ask that question is because i have been giving this a bit of thought lately

more then likely if a third party fan company does produce the add on set for the animated earth mode optimus prime figure it would most likely be fansproject that would take first crack at it

would there be any interest in it though from the fanbase ?

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    As a add-on set, no The Deluxe's ball-joints would not support the weight. The Voyager might support the weight; but nether the Voyager or the Deluxe were designed to to have a Powermaster armor upgrade. If a third party were to tackle Powermaster Animated Prime they would need to make a all new mold; so legally can a third party make a Powermaster Prime?

3. eliotd

eliotd alternator

well third party cant make "powermaster optimus prime" but they can make "anime power comad leader or some bs like that. like knght morpher prime. also think about the dia and porwered commandor fp sets. they go to a figure that was not ment to be "supersized" but there you are. soooo could be but probly not, little demand

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I don't doubt that they could make one. I'd be all over it.
    As for whether they will make one, I have no clue.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder how much interest there would honestly be for this, considering we already got the Wingblade armor from Takara and fans that can afford such things may be content with that being used for a "powered up" version of Prime.

I'd think a Powermaster upgrade set would be made for the Classics Voyager mold before any Animated mold anyways.

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably a good amount of interest, because as a concept, it actually exists. Allspark Almanac part 2 revealed concept art from the cancelled Season 4, which among the things shown were the design sketches for Animated "Powermaster" Optimus Prime.

It looked f'ing awesome. Plus the armour formed the rest of the firetruck mode that "everybody" wanted but never got.

But the concept, as planned, wouldn't work with any of the existing Animated Prime molds. Powermaster Prime transformed into the show-accurate "short-cab", rather than the extended wheelbase version that any of the released toys did.

I'd absolutely kill to see that toy made somehow. And Earth-mode Ironhide. And Hot Shot. And Marauder Megatron... goddammit.

7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    wasn't animated Powermaster Prime using a slightly remolded voyager? it looked like it was voyager OP with everything but the arms transformed. It's definitely doable, and there'd be plenty of interest and support, but I don't see Fansproject doing it. They've set up a unique aesthetic/design philosophy (angular/blocky) that can almost stand on its own, if not with classics. If anything, they'd do a powermster for classics op.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it wasn't. The bumper was attached to the arms, and in cab mode, both sets of wheels were right next to each other, instead of the extended wheelbase the toys gave him.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, there's actual toy design drawings in the allspark almanac.

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure but TakaTom's Wingblade Prime is the closest match we've gotten this far. :p 

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what's the point? we got the one from japan that IS cheaper then any third party thing that will come out,

isn't that one good enough? :lol 

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd be interested in an upgrade set if someone had enough interest to make it. The Powermaster design from the Almanac was an all-new mold (as opposed to Wingblade just adding onto the older Voyager or Deluxe.), but I figure it could be done as an expansion instead, perhaps working similarly to G1 Powermaster Prime, with the Deluxe or Voyager folding into a block shape and plugging into a 'suit' made from the trailer section.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There's no Animated Powermaster Optimus Prime from japan. The toy exists as drawings only.

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    If it happened, it would not look like the designs that were shown in the Almanac. That's probably going to be a little too close to the bone for Hasbro/Takara. Something similar is what we can hope for.

As for whether it can work on the existing Animated Optimus moulds, I am certain that a company like FansProject can find a way. Think about it: The Classics Voyager Prime mould was not designed to have armour on it and yet they managed to the City/Shadow/Powered Commander armour just fine. The same is true of Deluxe Rodimus. Both were not designed for armour of some kind, and yet there it is.

I think that the Powermaster-like armour would be a good candidate for a follow-up to Rodimus' Parallax armour.

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think they're confusing the Wing Blade prime with the Power Master Concept art.

17. Dolza_Khyron

what? it's not close enough? lol

18. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think the concept art shows that the Power Master armour forms a much bigger trailer. I would've liked to see that be released to be honest.

19. Dolza_Khyron

lol i understand that, but the wingblade thing looks like power master optimus prime too.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it looks like god ginrai, not what we associate as power master optimus prime, close, but no cigar