will we ever know how and when the REAL Ultra Magnus died?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by trence5, Feb 15, 2015.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

whaaaat - really?

2. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we are getting a Megatron toy with an optional Autobot insignia sticker. I imagine that there will be some non-comic readers who will wonder why it is included.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Head canon accepted.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh good, he's wearing a facsimile corpse. Cause you know, it is made out of the same goddamn stuff as a Cybertronian outer body would be. A George Washington suit made out of lab-grown skin, if you will.

You can't have a universe where the Constructicons eating people and building them into arenas is freaky and a guy wearing a fake-other-guy for the express purposes of deception and intimidation is totally acceptable. The real Ultra Magnus--because I'm a Mini fan but there was a real Ultra Magnus--is absolutely being violated here. It's just that no one cares because it's been a four million year war and everybody's probably seen even weirder and worse.

"Tyrest is a freaking looney tune" is arguably the entire point of "Remain in Light." He drilled himself crazy. So why we are holding him up as a pinnacle of justice and reason is a pretty open question. His justice is secretive, arbitrary, exploitative, and violent. He's a villain. Minimus overcomes him by defying him and his whole "puppeteer Ultra Magnus" system, and ultimately escapes it by resigning in favor of Max.

5. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

It's still not the same thing, Cybertronians use metal for everything, it's not the same as organic tissue. Also, metal doesn't decompose and decay at the same speed that organic tissue does.

6. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

what book was this mentioned in?

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The Magnus we've known in IDW has been Minimus all along. All the others mentioned that came before him are ones we don't "know" as well as Minimus. So I'm fine with the way things are. It's not like the confusing Clone Saga from Spiderman. Plus the Magnus we were introduced to wasn't any of the previous Magni before Minimus.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Kinda of like "Who dons the Cowl when Bruce can't/won't or whatever"

But yeah, I'm definitely no opposed to this either, I would love to see what made Ultra Magnus become the Legendary Lawbot, and what actually made the legacy so important. Hell even a mini-series that with each issue focusing on each successor would be great. It could include other character threads as well, seen through their various eyes or interactions.

The worst thing that it can do is provide an interesting backdrop for the character, his successors, and the times they lived in.

9. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    I would like that the first person to wear the Magnus look a like armour after the real Magnus died to look like a small white optimus prime.

I really like this story. It is like the Phantom, who wears the purple suit and domino mask. Since 1536, Christopher Walker was the Phantom and each son took the title.
    Legend became he was immortal being called "The Ghost Who Walks", and "The Man Who Cannot Die". The dynamite comics are a good read.

10. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    How do we know the first Magnus even died? It's been implied by Minimus, but we've not seen an actual death on panel. Honestly, I know it's fan wanky, but I'd love to see a show-down between The "original" Magnus and "our" Magnus.

11. TheUltraMagnus

TheUltraMagnus Well-Known Member

Wasn't it also stated that the current Magnus has been every bit as strong/sufficient as any in the past?

12. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Ah pretty cool. Didn't know that.