Will we ever get an "Art of the Movies" Book?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Arguably I think we should've gotten one for each film, because TF1 had a ridiculous amount of awesome concept art.

I remember there was one that was planned for release after the ROTF that would have concept art from both the first and second films, but then it just kind of disappeared. I assumed we would get one after DOTM encompassing all three films, but I haven't heard anything about such a book.

Anyone know whether or not we're going to be getting an Art of the Films book for Transformers? To be honest, I can't believe they haven't put one already.

2. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I would love that. I have one for Rise of Cobra and I've looked at the some for Iron-Man and Avengers. great Coffee table books.

3. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, this is getting ridiculous. I just bought the one for Prometheus. These are great books. I simply cannot fathom why there hasn’t been one yet.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I imagine they're waiting until the series is actually done so they don't have to worry about a "Volume 1" and "Volume 2"

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They better hurry up because at this point it already feels like everything already leaked online in a way or another.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    This would be so nice for customizing...

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    With any luck, we might...someday. It really is a puzzler as to why they haven't yet. It's the perfect series of films to have an 'Art of...' book, especially with the likes of Green Lantern, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avatar, Star Trek, Pirates and so on having amazing books. These are the perfect movies to do so. Hundreds of pages of character designs, key-frame illustrations, storyboards and lengthy explanations as to the reasoning behind certain design choices. I LIVE for that stuff.

And as Wheeljack Prime said, they might just be waiting. Why bother releasing an "Art of Transformers 1-3" book when TF4 will come out in two years time and have an equally large amount of concept art? Why not just wait until TF4 is released and include all four films? But then they might do the same thing if there is even a hint of a fifth film, wait until it is released.

That's why I'm always hesitant to buy 'Collector's Packs' of movie franchises, because for all I know they'll release a different collector's edition when a new movie is released. :(  And then I'll have Movies 1-3 in a collector's pack and a fourth movie all by itself, which because I'm anal about that stuff, it would annoy me. :lol 

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy any and all 'Art of' Transformers books that they'd release. I, personally, wouldn't mind purchasing multiple books. But if they're deciding to wait, that's fine. It's just a matter of how long we'll have to wait.

8. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd love one, but I doubt it.

9. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    We had something like this with ROTF. We got this book -

[​IMG]

It includes things like this -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish there was one for DOTM (Is there?). I would flip right to the Sentinel page. :) 

10. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a similar paperback one for DOTM that I had to get from a UK seller. It only has the same art we've seen for Prime, BB, Shockwave and Sentinel. Nothing interesting like Que, Dino or the Wreckers.

11. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    While that book is awesome, it's not exactly what we're referring to. That book above (which I also own :D  ) is more of a "let's explain the characters and show promotional renders"-book. What we're referring to is more of an actual concept art book. Page upon page of sketches, doodles and drawings of Soundwave's face and Optimus alt mode and whatnot.

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    If there was I'd buy it! :D  Also, DecepticonsRule, awesome signature! :thumb 

13. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    That's kind of what I'm worried about. I feel like they're going to keep waiting and waiting until the series ends (which it probably won't for a while), and we're never going to get a book.

Another problem for me is the longer they wait, the more concept art they're going to have to cram into one book. You can only make a concept art book so thick, and if they make one they're already going to have to include three films in it.
    What they really should've done is made one for each film as they went along. Remember how there were hundreds of concept art photos leaked for just the first Transformers film alone? It'd be unlikely we'd get all of those in a book for ONLY the first movie, and we'd probably get about a third of the total concept art for TF1 if they made the "TF: Art of the Movies" book for all three films. I don't want to have to miss out on any concept art, whether it be for characters, heads, alternate modes or environments. The longer they wait to make this book, the more concept art we are going to lose out on.

Thanks! :D 

14. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Exactly. In my perfect, imaginary world, each Transformers movie has its own separate 'Art of' book. That way there's no overlap. Three movies, three books, all 200+ pages each, very similar to the MCU 'Art of' books that have been released. :D 

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd totally buy that just for the concept art alone.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm surprised one has never happened. There is a lot of concept art from all of the movies out there. Knowing our luck though most of the book would be concepts for the military and human costumes :lol