Will we ever get a movie accurate DOTM Optimus with Jetpack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aman345, Jul 18, 2011.

1. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

I mean the Ultimate Optimus toy looks nothing like the Flight Tech Optimus used in the movie. Just wondering if anyone know's if we may ever get a more movie accurate toy.

2. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Yes, Takara Jetwing Prime :D 

3. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably meant without paying out the ass for it but maybe the only thing stopping it would be the horrible Ultimate Butterfly Prime because Hasbro would think it'd interfer with that waste of plastic's sales(but kids would probably still want the one w/trailer though they think about them most likely more than collectors) but we may not get it if it doesn't past safety testing(it's not a toy unless it can maim you in some way though or has killed about 5 children)

4. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isnt the takara jetwing prime more based off of the jetfire jetpack parts? It doesnt look too much like DOTM's trailer jetpack to me. Anyways back to the question at hand, not likely but would be a GREAT surprise.

5. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Not even close. Not based off the dead Jetfire parts. There are alot of design differences to show that both are not related.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the jetwing prime backpack is fairly accurate. but i think its more based on concept art than the actual film model [which is understandable considering how early they musta been trying to design this]

the only thing this backpack is really missing is some blue paint and red flames on the booster sections! [and obviously, the guns are a little different, but the gatlings still look AWESOME]

but Ultimate Prime is pretty awesome too. its not accurate but then its not really trying to be. its a "what if the trailer became whole body armor/wings" instead of just a backpack

[and jetwing has butterfly wings too. dont be silly :throw ]

7. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Yeah Prime's trailer turns into literally anything he needs, it varies from jetpacks and weapon platforms and so on, so his butterfly suit could hypothetically exist, but maybe he chose not to use it or something...

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I too wish Jetwing Prime would be released here,but as others have said your likely to see a snowstorm in hell before that happens.So I guess the only way to get him is to pay $150 for the Takara Version,which ain't happening for me,no matter how good it looks.

9. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

if I remember correctly,I dont think the trailer was suppose to turn into the jetpack.
    its more like the jetpack is stored inside the trailer like how his weapons were stored inside when Optimus faced off against Shockwave at Chernobyl

10. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    his trailer is a rolling armory. basically it not suppose to transform into some big suit that makes him a brick (even if theres a toy its just Hasbro not wanting to make it any better just like te twins figures)

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i think his trailer more or less does transform into the backpack.

i see the trailer basically becoming whatever configuration Optimus Prime needs it to be

weapons platform? sure

jetpack? lets do it

body armor? yes

in my mind, i see the trailer able to reconfigure itself into a lot of what we see in the concept art and not being confined to just one mode and back [or just some "holder of stuff"]

the closest thing to canon we have in how the trailer associates with the jet pack is Optimus' reference to it in the movie "i need my trailer. i need that flight tech" and then theres the video game [whether or not thats TRUE movie canon you can debate for yourslves, its still "official"]

watch the beginning little cutscene and then skip ahead to about 2:47

the jetpack just kinda pops and transforms outta nowhere but i figure all thats gotta come from somewhere. the only other place it can is the trailer. the jetpack may not be made up of the entire trailer but i think its gotta be part of it

there's a better, extended transformation of the jetpack in this video too

skip ahead to 2:24

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

pose the leader class jetpack wings to look like the cyberverse jet pack wings

13. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

I really don't see it happening in the US. Takara has already done their version, so I doubt we see anything else from them either. I'm not a big fan of the Ultimate Prime, so I am left wanting more, but I just don't see it happening.

14. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

import Jetwing Prime