will we ever get a complete 3rd party bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by gameroc, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Complete agreement.

I do think that there will be new 3rd party combaticons eventually.

But with (multiple) technobots seemingly on the horizon, and sketches of terrorcons surfacing, there appears to be more interest, from both manufacturers and fans alike, in tackling other combiners that haven't gotten any love yet.

I do think that if any 3rd party company is going to do it (sooner than later), it'll be TFC. The fact that they're coming out with there own set of aerialbots bodes well for those that want a Herc-sized Bruticus.

I really hope that TFC comes out with a Herc-sized Omega Supreme first though. Followed closely by a Herc-sized Predaking of course.

2. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plus, inside a combiner team scale never works out. The individual members all have to be triple changers that fit the team theme and work as a composite robot. Demanding Scale is literally one too far. Especially when it seems like a majority of the third party market demands G1 flavor as well as massive articulation.

At some point something has to give.

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh yes. Make Toys can do Menasor as he's the baby of the bunch :D 

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ding ding ding.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    isnt this the third time this subject has been braught up?

6. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

So when someone doesn't share your same tastes they're cheap skates?

Yeah, that makes sense.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, the price markup with FP Bruticus being complained about 1,000x, and the fact that he's a picture-perfect representation of the FP aesthetic that people computer stalk to sell out preorders within a day for, is where remarks like his come from.

If FP Bruticus was readily available and 100 bucks then I'd put a paycheck on damned near never seeing a thread like this again.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To be honest, you'd have to be demanding a perfect set of Combaticons ala the TFC Constructions, each one of the component bots being a good figure in their own right while also having an amazing combined mode.

FP Bruticus already has the combined mode down. Every single flaw Bruticus Maximus had does not exist with the Bruticus Crossfire upgrades. And 2 of the 5 Combaticons already are replaced outright. You can't really improve on Vortex, and if one simply can not stand the stock Brawl figure, modification tutorials exist that make PCC Heavytread (who pretty much could pass for Brawl as-is given different colors) a working replacement leg that looks a lot more G1 accurate with minimal work. That just leaves Onslaught, but really the original was pretty generic looking to begin with and really, if you have that much of a problem with how he looks, Uni. 2.0 Ultra Class Onslaught pretty much can fix those needs.

9. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Cheapskates? Hahaha maybe but even on rebate I wouldn't touch FP Bruticus. Too fugly. Any sane brown folk would tell you they are just being smart on their purchases.

Anyone who owns that thing saying it's good enough while other turd party companies are becoming more and more bold in producing their toys has to blind to say that. Either that or they're in denial. You see whenever these threads come up, FP owners just have to come in and turn this into an FP lover/hater debate. That's a clear sign...

The scale thing might have a valid point if you only have hasbro but these days that point just doesn't make any sense.

Yes, there should be and there will be another one to top the existing one.

Don't worry fanboys will ways be just that. No room for improvement. Just like like videogame fanboys there's just nothing can beat their favourites.

10. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering if you really do have a gripe about the FP Bruticus that isn't price related, you can head to the radicon forum and commission one to your liking? Yes. I'm saying most of the folks in this thread are cheap skates.

I will admit I do not own a FP Bruticus due to price. I learned about him just late enough in the game that the market dried up, and I honestly can't afford prices that are starting to head towards the $400 range.

But should I ever find one down in the $300 to $350 I'm on it like a fat kid on a chocolate bar. It's a pretty awesome figure, and I've done the homework.

That said, if you all succeed in getting someone to make a third party Bruticus, good on you. That would probably drive down the FP one and I'll get to cross something of my transformers bucket list. The reality though is that there isnt a good reason for anyone to do a new Bruticus with the FP one out there and the FoC one on the way. The market is saturated.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    not the case at all with me just look at the combiners coming out now they are not exactly cheap i would take a more accurate more expensive bruticus over the hasbro/fansproject anyday! also not something you can break up into its 5 bots and say oooh look they all look spot on g1 when only 2 of them do! i really do not like the other hasbro bots that make up bruticus at all ..a bit presumptuous to say the people not wanting to buy it are cheap skates

12. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, if the issue isn't price, head over to the radicons forum. There's a lot of crazy good folks that could build one to your liking.

I'd also say, I don't get the whole G1 argument against FP Bruticus. The Heavytread mod takes care of any issues with Brawl so all that remains is Vortex and Onslaught. Vortex, like a lot of Scramble City folks in G1, was a pretty damn ugly bot. G1 Onslaught, like many of the Scramble City torso bots was pretty generic. I just don't get it.

The one legit complaint I see about FP Bruticus (that isn't price related) is the lack of the crest on the chest. Why no one has fixed that on Shapeways though is beyond me.

13. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    this is one of the main reasons I'd like a new Brute...the tacked on legs just don't get it for me...Also, with some clever transformations, they can overcome
    some of the scale issues...

Another reason I'd like to see a new Brute?...this existing one is rather small...

It's difficult, it is...personally, i don't let the scale thing go, I just don't get a particular figure if it's out of my scale of choice...

I know it's near impossible to get Brute in scale with himself, but I think there is room for improvement...his limbs could be at least closer to being in line with each other...

14. seali_me

Even with the heavythread mod, there are still a lot of fugly things with FP Bruticus.

- size in individual bot and combiner mode.
    - designs on individual modes clash with each other
    - designs on individual alt modes is not cohesive
    - lack of proper iconic identifiers on each FP add-on. If I show these toys to my 30 year old brother (who is not part of this fandom but knows his transformers) he wouldn't be able to identify it as Bruticus nor any of the combaticons. This suggests that these don't even qualify to be in my classics display. Not even individually.
    - lack of proper Bruticus identifiers as well.
    - can not even hold a deluxe toy.
    Etc

15. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I'm happy with the combined look of Hasbro and Fansproject's Bruticus. I was never a big fan of the chest shield and the overall asthetic of the combined look is balanced. The only thing I would improve on is the seperate forms themselves (ie upgrading the individual heads for the Hasbro bots).

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    maybe i actually don't want a custom made one that the paint will prob end up flaking after time maybe i want fansproject to do the other bots or maketoys or tfc to do bruticus where you get an actual toy not transformers kitbashed to look like the original..

i agree that others should be tackled ie: defensor , predaking , the other big ones are either rumored or on their way only right we should have a decent bruticus in the near future! just because your content with your mishmash bruticus no need come into the thread slating the people that want a better one than that or who do not like it

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Please, the original Combaticon set was even WORSE in this sense. Onslaught was at least twice as tall as the others. With the standard Bruticus Max. set he's much more reasonably sized as the leader. Plus, Bruticus is NOT Devestator and therefore doesn't have the luxury of two bots forming the torso, it's all Onslaught here, and so therefore he needs to be slightly bigger for the sake of the combined mode, or else that makes the combined mode look more stout.

You're complaining about individual designs when the original Combaticons involved random military vehicles and a purple Space shuttle. At least with FP Bruticus you can tell Swindle is a military vehicle rather than just a block with arms and wheels like the original.

Why did you even need to make this a seperate point? I'd think if the designs were "clashing" they would also be anything BUT cohesive.

This...is NOT anything close to a valid point. You are letting your assumptions about your brother (who you clearly also assume would be able to identify any Transformer despite not being a fan of the franchise) define your own opinions and decide what goes on your own shelf. "Delusional" is honestly the only word I can think of to describe that, since you are letting your perceived thoughts about other people's opinions about toys control how you collect and display figures.

Plus, if your brother DOES know at least all the Transformers from let's say the first two seasons of the G1 cartoon, he should be able to identify FP Blast-Off AS Blast Off. There were only two purple space shuttles in the entire G1 line; Blast-Off and Astrotrain, and the latter obviously is the shuttle that also turns into a LOCOMOTIVE. Same goes for Swindle, as he was the only military vehicle who was tan/yellow an purple (no windshield chest, but to my knowledge the only version of Swindle who has that in toy form is Animated Swindle)

You would have to not know how Bruticus looked originally to even make that claim. FP Bruticus has the right head, the back-mounted twin cannons, the correct standard configuration (Blast Off and Vortex as arms, Onslaught as the core, Brawl and Swindle as the legs), the only thing he's missing is the chest plate but in this case I don't think he needs it.

Why is this even a factor?

18. slaggard

slaggard Banned

between the 2 tank and plane add on sets for pcc bombshock and the third party mobine thefallen 2 tank part former pcc style set, i wonder if it would be possible to combine bomshock with the tanks and planes and all the tank parts from the fallen set to create a heavily armored super bruticus maximus style bruticus combiner?

with that much extra weaponry and armor te guy would literally be a up right walking mobile weapons platform /battle station in his own right

hell the guy would be packing more armor and firepower then super godmaster force's Overlord i bet

anyways i wonder if it would be possible

19. slaggard

slaggard Banned

20. seali_me

Something reeks, FP and it's fans are the culprit. They just can't accept other people don't like it.

Autobot burnout- don't worry you've convinced me. I'm taking out my credit card now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.