Will we actually get a reboot or will it be another age of extinction soft reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Apr 15, 2018.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember when age of extinction was gonna be a reboot? Then bay came back and it became a "soft reboot" and it was only a soft reboot because Shia didn't come back. I think we could be looking at a similar situation here.

Mark Walberg wants out. I could see a new cast and director but still in the same universe.

I mean they say it's a reboot when really it's not. I think studios and audiences have different meanings of the word reboot.

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I think it's too early to know. My guess is that if the Bumblebee movie is successful they'll continue the same universe, maybe with more small-scale movies. Eventually they may work their way up to another main sequel. If the Bumblebee movie fails, I honestly think we won't see another Transformers film for a long time. I can't imagine them pumping a lot of money at a full reboot of the series if they have two under-preformances in a row.

I know Hasbro released a lineup that showed their upcoming movies (without any Transformers), but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Just look at how often Marvel, DC, and a lot of these other companies change their lineups and tweak the release order and whatnot. It's almost constantly in motion. For all we know the lineup Hasbro showed us could already be obsolete.

• Like Like x 6
  3. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um a reboot isn't confirmed at all it just depends on how well bumblebees does which I think it's gonna do fine look how smaller scale movie make in the box office

4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Like @TheSoundwave said, it's too early to tell. I could see them doing smaller-scale movies if Bumblebee: The Movie is successful (I've got my own ideas for spin-offs that follow up to Bumblebee), but if it isn't, we'll probably either see a reboot of the movie continuity, or they just straight up won't make Transformers movies anymore (until they reboot in a decade or so). If the GI Joe and M.A.S.K. or whatever movies are successful, they might expand into a shared universe, with the follow-up for The Last Knight being an IDW Revolutions style crossover where all the characters team up against Unicron.

I personally would like some closure to the live-action Transformers continuity before the book is closed on it. If a reboot does come, then if Bumblebee's design is any indication, I hope it takes design cues from that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If they choose to reboot, it should be wholly committed to.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A real reboot instead of a soft reboot is the most likely outcome because of the change in management. Under the old management Paramount was seeing way too many movies that were flopping, not making their budget domestically, falling well below projections, and not enough movies in the top 20. I just can't see new management saying lets stick with the soft reboot stuff that has failed us so often in the recent past.

The Bumblebee movie would have do something freakishly crazy like make it to the top 3 movies for the year to not reboot when Paramount seems to be rebooting left and right to leave the past behind them in the hopes of better days at the box office. If Hasbro wants their dream of a cinematic universe to promote multiple brands at once it seems like a hard reboot is about the only way to go.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed for a full reboot

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Don't call it a reboot
    I been here for years

• Like Like x 1