Will TRU honor TRU.com's prices?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Sep 17, 2010.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I know some of their transformers are priced differently. If you bring a print out of TRU.com's prices to the local TRU, can you get that price for it?

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I don't believe they do. Not to mention that TRU.com often has stuff that the brick & morter stores don't.

3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Nah they don't......they say tru.com is a DIFFERENT company from tru store....true story

4. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    They are both owned by Geoffrey, LLC but the basic point of them being separate businesses is true. It is nice when stores honor the pricing of their online counterpart. Still understandable when they cannot mimic each others prices perfectly. In essence Toys"R"Us, Inc is a about a half dozen different businesses under a unified brand owned by the same private corporation. For most employees they would be different.

5. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its the same thing with walmart. They don't price match other b & m locations or their website.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually talked an employee into it once, but she was overridden by the manager. They definitely won't do this.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I see... its interesting, I mean, I can go up and ask for say... the Whirl/Bludgeon set to honor the 15$ price from online, and if they say no, they lose the business to TRU.com though. What do they gain? more shelf warmers? I mean those things have been sitting at the stores for 35$ (just an example) for .... since they came out!