will transformers prime become truly epic over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 7, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

as epic mecha/robot anime series go

as a long time yuusha fan i think its pretty damn safe to say that gaogaigar set the standard pretty damn high by which all other super robot/mecha anime series would be measured by over time in the years to come

my question is this

does transformer prime have the potentual to actually become that damn epic overtime?

i actually think transformers prime does have that kind of potentual when it comes to the whole epic bit and the hot blooded passion bit as anime heroes go

Hot Blooded - Television Tropes & Idioms

what it has to say about the hot blooded selfless compassionate hero type of character

i believe whole heartedly that those words describe a person like optimus prime all to perfectly as a person and as a hero

so in this longtime transformers fan's opinion f#ck yeah the show does have that kind of potential in the long term

who knows it just might prove itself over time to be the gaogaigar king of braves series of the transformers mythos in its own way in the time to come.

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Transfrormers the franchise itself has lived for almost 30 years (30 in 2014) that puts it into the top what 30% of franchise longevity?

Dr. Who is hovering at 50ish
    Star Trek is nearing 50
    Star Wars is what 40ish
    Gundam is 40ish I think as well.
    God, I feel old now:cry 

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

a good segment of a franchise adds to the overall mystique of it's lifetime.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Maybe if they stick to a continuity longer than 3 years.

4. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Grammar and/or spell checker, please.

It could definitely get up there, provided they keep up the good writing.

5. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Who knows, it's way too early to tell. It's certainly not bad, but it isn't fantastic, either. Beast Wars didn't start off great, either. It is definitely promising that it's going to have 5 seasons.

If it's fantastic and it's better than Beast Wars and Animated, great, but those two set the bar so high it would be a hard act to follow, and if it doesn't, no biggie. Due to the huge amount of half-assed anime shows Transformers has had, Prime is automatically in the top 5.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully they will, since they have their own channel now and don't have to keep another Network happy. It's obvious so far they've put a lot more work into it than the last couple series we got, so here's hoping.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Probably. Hell the fight between Prime and Megs at the end was already more epic than any moment from the Unicron trilogy.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I may be mistaken, but I thought that was the plan with every series.

I'd hate to think anyone begins a Transformers series with a well thought plan on how to make it progressively worse over time.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think that's what he meant, I think in the past, since Hasbro didn't have their own network, so they had to think short-term, so stuff like Armada, Energon was only planned for a year, then a new series after that. Since they can do what they want now, I am hoping that, as the OP stated, Prime goes on for a long while and becomes the definitive TF series. It's too early to tell of course, but I think it's off to a really good start

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the action was CERTAINLY very hot-blooded, probably the best we've had in a TF cartoon,

11. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I worry that the production costs of designing and animating models will keep the cast small and the story similarly narrow in scope. Not that that's bad if the story is great, but I think every G1 fan wishes for that huge cast of characters and all the possibilities they can offer in generating the feeling of a real(big) war. I just think maybe that will never happen again because of production costs.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    But if it does go on long enough, they could build up a larger cast overtime, which will benefit the characters greatly.

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The cast right now is at a decent size, but I feel that a few more supporting characters could appear over the long run and not hurt the main focus on the current cast. It would show the scope of the war better, so it's not just five guys versus three commanders and a drone army.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    How large was the cast of Energon? Cybertron?

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

How shoddy was the production?

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm the opposite of your thinking. It'd be cool to see a huge cast of characters if it could be done properly, though.

I'm hoping for more of a Beast Wars feel where the cast is always kept relatively small and the series builds on the story and character development. I would love to have more characters introduced with time, but I think each team of Autobots and Decepticons would be perfect with 6-8 team members. Just my preference.

17. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Agreed... Great close Character Development is key.

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This, right here.

19. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry....what?

20. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I really like the CG and how they mixed in elements from animated with the movie designs. The fighting scenes are really cool!

But I'm not connecting with the story as I did with animated. The humans are even more annoying than energeon. I'm not liking the whole introduction of dark energeon from WFC and now Prime.