will transformers ever do a space funeral scene

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, May 4, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

basicly it would be a full on science fiction take on the whole space funeral kind of scene that plays out covering the final moments of the newly departed hero's passing

to be honest i actually think this would be a fitting way to explore the whole funeral matter whenever a transformer character dies in a transformers television series

check the scene from 4:06 to 4:52

between the solemn background music and the way each character reacts as the funeral pod pases by and in particuler that last shot of the hero's friend tearing up at the end of the funeral procession i think that would be a entirely suitable way to explore that kind of scene in a transformers series

to be honest im suprised the idea has never been explore in that way on tv in a transformers series

i can thnk of at least 2 series where it would have been approiate to give the lifeless hero that kind of send off towards the end of a series

dinobot's lifeless transmetal clone in beast wars would be one such possible example of a suitable hero gbeign given that space funeral scene

and prowl from transformers animated woudl be the other

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'd prefer burials.

3. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I could've swore I saw something similar in one of the comics, but I might be wrong. It's been a while.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Didn't they do something like that with optimus' body in G1?

Also, there's a little scene kinda like you described in the megatron origins comic

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried to guess what the YouTube video was going to be before I clicked it, but I couldn't remember a space funeral from Gurren Lagann.

Also, yes, Optimus Prime's body was indeed shot into space in the Marvel comics.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

They did something like this with Ultra Magnus in Headmasters.

7. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first thing I thought of was this.

[​IMG]

I think there was also a burial once, when Optimus faked his death.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ctrl+F... "Kamina"... WHAAA???

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I don't know if it counts because it was on Earth, but
    Ultra Magnus
    in Headmasters had all the trappings with their funeral.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I love it when when someone suggests something and G1 did it already. It's like a TF version of that 'The Simpsons already did it' joke. :) 
    But it did eventually give us a proper Matrix container so it's important in the comics for that. Who knew when they fired it off that the body contained the movie-design Matrix? If only Shockwave had known when he swiped Optimus' head to steal the Matrix from it. Should've just taken the whole body to be sure.
    Yep. They gave him a tombstone with a little burning torch thing in front of it. I think that was where Optimus planned to fake his death so he could see how the Autobots would fare without him to lead them (since last time without Optimus they teamed up with Megatron to try and defeat Galvatron) and then he got attacked by Megatron (initially backed up by the Predacons) when he went to lay out the fake body as a decoy and the Autobots assumed the destroyed fake body was the real Optimus dead when actually Prime had gone through the Space Bridge with Megatron.

Aha, I knew I had an image somewhere (nice how whoever carved the stone took into account which way the smoke would be blowing so the words could always be read :p  ):
    [​IMG]