Will Transformers: Animated be Galvatron-less?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by jourdo, Jun 26, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Make Galvatron the Palpatine to Megatron's Vaderness

BECAUSE Galvatron is nicknamed the EMPEROR of Destruction-Emperor Palpatine- Total evil

Megs is nicknamed the LORD of Destruction- (Lord) Darth Vader- Evil yet he thinks he isn't evil
    Also have them have the Hydra Cannon from Armada shaped like Unicron- Death Star of TF Universe

Throw in a certain relationship from the movie as well as Magnus's voice like a mix of Robert Stack and Alec Guiness plus a bounty hunter TF.

And you got some :bay  Star Wars references

Could this Work?

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Only as a seperate character. Like others have said the Megatron upgrading into Galvatron thing has gotten supremely old.

Maybe have Galvatron be to Megatron what Ultra Magnus is to Optimus, a leader of some kind of Decepticon "Elite Guard".

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I'd like Galvatron to be something like Megatron's brother, who often argues with his older sibling. They both know that they are both equals, but still fight over leadership often. Galvatron also leads his own team of `cons.
    Where Megatron has Blitzwing and Lugnut, Galvatron has Cyclonus and Scourge.

4. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

To be honest if Animated doesnt have Galvatron in it then it will be the 3rd series to not have Megatron upgraded into Galvatron the first 2 being Beast Wars and Beast Machines.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    :bay 

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. Only add they fly around on Trypticon.

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Win.

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ratbat's name was just trademarked again by Hasbro for the Universe line... which makes it very likely that he'll be the third one appearing. If the writers would pick an obscure character from G1 like Swindle, they probably know about Ratbat too and his run as Decepticon Fuel Auditor and later Commander, in the Marvel Comics.

If Galvatron appears, I'd like to see that as an ongoing background storyline, maybe in Season 4 (Season 3 should leave room for Shockwave and Soundwave to shine as Con leaders). He would be Megatron from the future, and the ideal thing would be to use his Marvel UK personality - a brilliant and extremely powerfull leader, but prone to periods of insanity and rage when angered or when his plans go wrong. It'd be fun seeing Animated Megatron and Galvatron meet...

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really thinking Ratbat won't have a beast alternate mode anymore. If Animated uses him, he'd be more likely to look like TWW Ratbat or his IDW version, a normal Tf robot who transforms into a Batwing-like jet, with small reminders of his previous bat form on his head and claws. I wrote a possible episode idea for Ratbat's origin, if you are interested, you can read it Here

10. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    I do like this whole jazz of Galvatron and Megatron being seperate entities for animated, if it happens at all, for me the whole "upgrade" thing seemed a bit too cheesy DBZ Super Sayain type crap.

11. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Agreed that the Megatron -> Galvatron has been overused, and RatBat may be more fun, but another member, in another thread (apologies for the imprecise credit) proposed the following:

Megatron and Starscream, owing to a SPOILER! are fused together making Galvatron a multi-personality disordered upgrade/combination of both.

I like this. But it would mean losing TFA Starscream.

If you wanted to expand this, Glavatron could have the same problems as Blitzwing, being originally (G1) a triple-changer, and all.

Agreed, a Nimmoy voice would be lovely, but why not Kaye's BW Megatron voice?
    I think the fandom would like it (I've never heard it).

12. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I hope he doesnt show just for the whole 3 out of 4 Swindle. Waspinator, Galvatron and Ratbat since Id really rather Ratbat.

13. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    You know a simple youtube search could fix that,
    or you could watch the Botcon 2008 script readings which had BW Megatron as one of the characters.

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I'd prefer Nimoy because A) it seems to me to be more appropriate to the "G1 Homage" modus operandi of voice casting for Animated - with Blu and Moschitta respectively reprising Arcee and Blurr, Bennett impersonating Stack for Ultra Magnus, and even Al as the voice of Wreck-Gar (though a less direct homage the latter may be), B) Nimoy's still alive (at least as of this post) and he's apparently mellowed enough with age to reprise old characters we weren't expecting him to play again (Old Spock in the new Trek movie); and C) Kaye's already voiced at least one big bad in five of the seven or eight TF cartoons shown outside of Japan, and if Galvatron did show up on Animated, IMO it just wouldn't feel right hearing BW Megatron's voice coming out of him.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If Galvatron showed up I'd want him to be a pirate.
    It'd be so awesome. Cyclonus as his first mater and a bunch of sweeps with cutlasses.
    Spectacular.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I wanted to have the Seacons somehow turn up as a bunch of scurvy sea dogs, but this idea's not half bad.

17. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    You win this thread. O_O

That's a brilliant idea of introducing Galvy into Animatedverse!

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    If thats the case one thing I can post
    Ratbat>Galvatron come on give someone a chance to be in the spotlight!

19. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

The way I see it, if Galvatron is the "Fallen" in the movie's title, he wont be in Animated.

20. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Maybe Galvatron could BECOME Megatron? A Megatron flashback if you will.

Of course I wouldnt really want that, but it would be an interesting reversal of the usual Galvatron game.