Will they see the light of day ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slipstreamer 8, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

I was looking through my collection and stumbled upon Blurr from Animated. Looked up pics on the web and found ou there was supposibly another redco in the works, but was canned. Do you ever think Animated figures will see the light of day in future lines or stay canned. Concepts, figures countless new moulds locked forever in the vaults of Hasbro.

So waht do you think ?

2. Epic

Epic Well-Known Member

Probably not.

3. Slipstreamer 8

how come ?

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Asia Exclusives.

5. Slipstreamer 8

Your point.....

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Sadly, the odds of us ever seeing the planned Vortex Blurr, Mercenary Swindle, Goldfire Grimlock, Thundercracker, Fugitive Waspinator, Toxic Oil Slick, or Mudbuster Bulkhead (aka Luchador Bulkhead) are slim to none. They all fell onto the back burner as the line petered out with Animated's cancellation, and the last remaining new mold Deluxes became store exclusives.

But we will always hope.

7. Slipstreamer 8

since the generations line is preparing for 2013, could their be a possiblties of seeing these moulds later on ?

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The odds are slim. That isn't to say they won't, but it's doubtful. They seem to have moved on from Animated.

I suppose someone going to Botcon could pose the question to the Hasbro team at the panel.

9. Slipstreamer 8

Right, but since I don't want this thread to perish. Wonder, why didn't this happen to the rest of the figures as to Rodimus and Ironhide as store exclusives.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

No.

Since they were just planned redecos of existing figures, they aren't like unreleased molds where Hasbro needs to find an outlet for recouping the cost of making the molds. This is probably a small reason why the new mold Deluxes at the tail end of Animated made it to TRU exclusive releases, but the voyagers were only repaints and so even though the final wave included Thundercracker's voyager, it will never see the light of day because of cancellation.

With Generations, the idea is releasing older characters who deserve new figures in the Classics style, or at least repaints of Classics figures. The truth is that, while precident for Animated to be sold under another banner exists (Animated Legends), they're not going to waste a spot of the rumored 40 generations for a simple Animated repaint when they know they can guarantee more sales with an updated G1 character.

The Animated Botcon set of figures is probably the last time we're going to see those molds for a long time.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

^ Pretty much this. The only holdout would be Blackout, but he saw a release via TakaraTomy, so his costs were recoup'd there.

Though I have to wonder why TakTom didn't release at least Thundercracker. He would've seen a ton of sales from people importing him.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Retailers never ordered the remaining Animated toys so they were cancelled. I wouldn't count on them ever being released stateside. Japan just barey got the Animated toys released there so I'm sure if they were going to release them they already would have. I wouldn't hold out for Generations releases either. It's just not something Has/Tak typically do. Not saying its impossible, but I'd say it VERY unrealistic.

13. Slipstreamer 8

I understand but Ironhide was a simple repaint and remolded head wrapped in one. Could this been done the same for the repaints that were palnned alongside voyagers ?

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Animated was cancelled. It would be a little hard to get retailers to buy more toys if they didn't want them in the first place.

15. Slipstreamer 8

True

16. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The line has been dead for at least two to three years now. The cartoon has been off the air for a little longer than this. It's clear that new characters like Bulkhead, Lockdown, and Lugnut have been carried over into other lines, but Animated sadly is long gone. Most of those who were fans of the series and toys have since moved on.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    How far in production the various toys were in probably had a lot to do with it. Chances are guys like Arcee and Ironhide were complete and in package while guys like Wasp were still being toyed around with.
    Or perhaps they were all "done" but Hasbro was only able to get the 4 or whatever sold, and went with the ones that involved at least some new molding.

Hasbro Asia at least is using Movie, Classic, and Prime molds for their exclusives, and is of course getting FoC along with those. The four lines don't exactly mesh perfectly, so I wouldn't say re-using Animated molds is totally out of the question, though I also wouldn't say they have any real chance, either.

18. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    heres a list i compiled from a old thread that has a list of unreleased Animated toys
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/271182-whats-left-animated.html

DELUXE
    Fugitive Waspinator
    Mercenary Swindle
    Toxic Oil Slick
    Vortex Blurr

VOYAGER
    Blackout
    Goldfire Grimlock
    Hydrodive Bumblebee
    Mudbuster Bulkhead
    Thundercracker
    Wingblade Optimus Prime

Blackout, Hydrodive Bumblebee, and Wingblade Optimus Prime were released by Takara

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

No, because that WAS one of the new molds that had been released as a TRU exclusive. The original use of the figure was Cyb. mode / young Ratchet, which was in the same wave as Arcee. Since there was only one more new mold deluxe (Rodimus), Hasbro just did what they'd been planning to do and released the retool in the next wave.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    thread win!