Will they have combining (or giant) robots in the future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by buckmana, Jun 26, 2007.

1. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

In the past, my favorite (well, some of them are) are the Transformers that combine to make a giant Transformer (Superion, Defensor, Menasor, Bruticus and Devastator), or the big ones, (Omega Supreme, Metroplex and Trypticon).

Do you think they will include these guys as some point in the future?

I know they reused Bonecrusher's (one of the Constructicons who formed Devastator) name in the movie, but it appears he's on his own.

Scorponok was shrunk down in size, so he won't be a big one.

Personally, I'd love to see these guys in movie form. My favorites are Omega Supreme, Superion and Menasor.

Metroplex and Trypticon are my favorite city Transformers.

2. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Combiner Transformers are rather hard to do realistically, so if they manage to pull it off successfully, it will definitely bring Transformers 2 a step up from the first movie in terms of CG spectacles (and I don't mean glasses).

I'm more hopeful for Giant sized Transformers (giant-er? Aw shaddup, yer grammar nazis) I'd especially like to see what Bay had in mind when he was thinking of the Aircraft carrier Transformer. If we are keeping to the Robots in Disguise aspect of Transformers, it makes more sense to choose more realistic alternate modes so an Aircraft carrier isn't out of the question, while on the other handgiant metal, battle stations stick out like a sore thumb.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Honestly, it may be a little hard to do. A vehicle jiggling in mid-air to attach to a larger robot would be... odd.
    If the limbs became attached by the larger robot reaching down to connect to a vehicle on the ground then it might work.
    I also don't think they should try and emulate the traditional five-'bot combiner teams. Two or three would be wiser otherwise the final result may start looking messy.

"City" Transformers would be fun, but something like METROPLEX might be a little too big (merely from the point of defying gravity!). Start a little more modest then work up!

4. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

As far as big transformers go, there's none in that movie, but Bay said he'd like an aircraft carrier transformer in the possible sequel.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Broadside FTW!

*He was actually giant, in 'The burden hardest to bear' he was shown fighting Predaking and Devastator who were both the same size as him.*