will they ever bring overlord back?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I love Lady Giga! :)  haha

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually there is no such "no-Leader" rule. Brian or Pete said a couple of years back they could use a Leader but it would just mean fewer other toys would get used, and they were actively seeking feedback on if people would be okay with a Leader Class and a couple of Deluxes in a boxed set instead of three - four Deluxes and a Voyager or two.

And given trend of using more / larger toys for Botcon - it was only 2006 / 2007 when Ultras were almost unheard of and there were only two "at show" packs until 2009 - a Botcon exclusive Leader seems inevitable.

It might not happen right away but as the convention grows the funding available increases and the options that come with it also improve.

Also it costs nothing to not include the electronics, IIRC the times it has been done all the compartments and buttons are there just with nothing behind them. The components simply aren't included.

Anyhow, on topic, I'm 80% sure we'll see an Overlord of some description one of these days, given the amount of nods to formerly Japanese only characters that are creeping in. Possibly a Voyager Class with a triple changer aspect rather than a Duocon, though.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we can't have a new mold, a Botcon Cybertron Megatron would be sweet!

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the only reason I said I thought they could do an Overlord repaint from a hypothetical Classics Blitzwing. I don't think the characters look alike (who would?), but given Hasbro's & Takara's likely preference to repaint/remold each new toy (and perhaps design it with the repaint/remold in mind already) and that Overlord's components were a tank and jet, I was thinking it's possible they'd take that approach, IF Overlord didn't get his own mold.

I don't think they'd bring back the Duocon bit though. We've only seen one Targetmaster and no Pretender shells or Powermasters (or combining aspects, for toys like Silverbolt, Onslaught, or Drag Strip), so I'm not expecting that to make a return in a new Classics toy either.

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

you guys do know im talking bout G1 right..and they still SUX...all 3 at one time or another were leaders y not give them a proper mold reflecting that....but yes i'll still get em even if once again the ball was dropped...IMO..

and think how awesome these figs would be if they were voyager sized or bigger..not say n the deluxes arent ok but there is only so much to offer in that size..these figs would and should be bigger..this is the reason y i hate the WFC prime..yes the toy is cool but at the same time i truly despise that fig cuz of its current size...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    There are a whole heap of Base TF's I want; I would want new Voyager sized molds that could interact with Mini-cons, now that would be a awesome sub-line. :bay 

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The ball wasn't dropped. If you can't get passed the size of the figure, then that's your own fault. It's a good figure and a great representation of Thunderwing.

8. kaos

fumble!!!!!!!!!!!

no need to get so testy just stating an opinion....

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'm not getting testy. Complaining about size class with Transformers is just kind of ridiculous. They're never ever going to be in scale with each other and sometimes you're going to get a character who you might have wished was bigger, but that doesn't mean they dropped the ball.

10. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Being a huge fan of Powermasters, Headmasters, and Targetmasters, I would love to see this happen. As for when it will and the size class, I'll keep my hopes up that we see a few more Ultra Class figures, however, my wallet applauds at the sheer number of Deluxe class figures we've gotten so far. Lots of Pretender Deluxe class homages so far.

11. kaos

IMO it kinda was..in ur's it wasnt..not try n to convert any one just give n my reason y i would like a bigger fig....this still is america right?...let me have an opinion and i'll let u have ur's..

12. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

:confused2 

13. kaos

:thumb 

14. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    There are sub-lines called Alternators and Human Alliance; but I agree if they are tied down with scale the toys will suffer.

EDIT: Thank goodness size changing exist in all of the fiction except the movies.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  15. kaos

agreed...i could care less bout scale...i got over that issue when i was 4 in the 80s and realized that most transformers werent to scale(couldnt tell u how mad i was when my friend would bring his f max over to battle my scorp's)..i just would like some of em to b closer to scale when standing next to someone whos suppose to be bout the same height...and if he's/she's been a bad@$$ for the better part of the trans line keep em that way dont reduce em to a bobcat in the bot world if he's a lion normally....

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm sure we'll get an Overlord at some point either in RTS or Generations.

Personally I'd be fine if they streamlined Overlord down to just a jet. Heck, they could do the redeco (with new head) as Snapdragon.

17. kaos

good idea..!!!

18. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, the Generations Blitzwing repaint idea is good, if they make a Blitzwing for Generations.

But I still like my idea more :ev: 

19. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I feel dumb, what is CHUG?

Also if we see an Overlord, what are the odds of us seeing reissues/remakes of some other Wreckers characters like Ironfist or Pyro? (Botcon Inferno repaint doesn't count, the head's not right).

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    CHUG is the worst acronym ever.

Overlord update, I'd probably hit that up for sure. Great character that's almost too big in the original toy form. Like Unicron.