Will there ever be a DOTM Deluxe Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 5, 2011.

?

The fate of a Deluxe DOTM Mirage(458 Italia Ferrari)...

1. Hope it will come!

72 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. Not going to happen.

28 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. I think it's going to be a repaint.

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. JTC

JTC Decepticon

ROTF Sideways does not suck!

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, Sideways is a cool toy.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I wish he had a gun though. The red pieces in between the grill and headlights can act as tit guns though! :lol 

4. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the Animated character model stuff he got to us panned out too, but not all of the characters made it to animation after that. Just because he's got inside knowledge doesn't mean he can predict the future. Even inside sources can get outdated information.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He meets with them to find out current toys in the works

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Fixed. :thumbs2: 

7. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I agree with seekerblackout, MAYBE we'll see Mirage. But if they couldn't obtain the license, why all the silence from Hasbro? Something just doesn't add up. Not necessarily with the sources, but with the lack of evidence that they can provide.

I dare a Hasbro rep to PM me with credible evidence of this whole ordeal. I'm fed up, and no, I will not stop talking about this issue. If a thread is started, I will sound off.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I know the reason, they are waiting because they don't want the toy to leak, they don't want anyone getting the toy before it's release so they are revealing it as soon to the release as possible

9. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I'll take your word for it, and try to contain myself for now. I'm just really disappointed with the line as a whole, like others have said, and this figure in particular.

If Shadow's list is produced, Hasbro may live to redeem themselves and this line after all.:thumbs2: 

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I hope you know that I was just making an educated guess...

11. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Meh. I don't really care either way.
    On one hand, it'd be cool because he had an interesting design. On the other, the amount of nerd-rage a non-release would create would be more entertaining than the trilogy as a whole. Hell, I think the movie forum and half the toy forum would implode on itself.

12. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Yep and yep! I really dig him and Dead End more than most it would seem. Especially once both of them were fitted with '07 Barricade feet!

:lol  Very true! I gotta agree though... I'm on polar ends of the spectrum when it comes to upcoming movie figs. I am STOKED for Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack, but I'm not really all that worried about Mirage for some reason. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I took a photo of my movie Autobot toys and put '07 Cliffjumper in the background it would appear as though I already had one. :p 

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Not really. I'm stoked for Soundwave, Wheeljack AND Mirage :p 

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, I mentioned this before and, no offense to Mirage fans, but his design is so... unexciting to me. IF they release the figure, I'd probably get it for the altmode (or if the robot mode was super articulated and well engineered). Really the only upcoming movie figure I'm super excited for is HA Soundwave, and then I'll probably move on to the Prime toyline in full force.

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen the thread discussing the as-yet-unnannounced follow-up line, and I personally don't believe it will happen as described, assuming it happens at all. (Who, me? Cynical?) That being said, I wouldn't be upset if I'm wrong. :wink: 

As for Mirage, it just seems really strange that we haven't had any mainline toys for an in-movie character. By the time a follow-up line comes out (assuming such a line does happen) then how many of the general public will remember that Mirage even exists? The best time to release in-movie characters is while the movie is in theatres. Failing that, you then target the DVD release. Both have come and gone without any Mirage info at all (except for the aforementioned thread, and technically that's still unconfirmed information). The complete lack of Mirage so far suggests to me that he's not getting a mainline toy.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Shadow's trustworthy, he was Vouched by a Super mod

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They announced it at NYCC, and even showed off the first wave of Deluxes and the first "Voyager" (Deluxe Prime w/trailer, who according to shadow, a trusted source, will be Voyager class priced).

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Are we sure that was the first wave? Probably just random repaints from the line

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually looking back at the slides, I'm remembering what was said on them differently :eek: . Though I do seem to remember the guy at the panel referring to them as "wave 1" of the "movie trilogy" line.

Still, with how financially succesfull DotM was, it's inevitable that Hasbro would follow-up with another line of movie toys for next year. Also, with the way the brand has been expanding, I wouldn't doubt Hasbro could support two main-lines at the same time.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Plus, Hasbro loves the movies, so they want to send the line off with a bang