Will there be an original third party Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by masishadow, Mar 29, 2012.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been waffling on asking the wife for a FP bruticus set for my birthday, but with all the combiners being released by third parties (or rumored,) I'm wondering if someone's going to revisit Bruticus.

I know there is a lot of praise for Colossus and that many view it as pretty definitive update. Anyone think/know if any group will go back to try again on making a better one, and if they did, would those that have Colossus replace it or are you happy with the current one?

2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    colossus looks awesome but we do need a better bruticus imo

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not. There are still new combiners that need to be done rather than retreading ones we already have.

I'd be okay if a third party made a new Brawl mold or something compatible with FP Bruticus, but a whole new Bruticus would be a waste.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Sure, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... AFTER you give every other combiner justice. And there are plenty that deserves it.

5. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Between FP's add ons and FOC Bruticus on the way, I think it would be a brave group to revisit Bruticus at this stage. IF (and thats a big IF) a 3rd party does decide to go there, I wouldn't expect anything within a few years simply to let the dust settle and interest wane on FP's still very popular update.

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing about Superion.

I was going to hold out for another 3rd party remake of the aerialbots, since FP's take on it falls short of what they were able to accomplish with FP Brut. But after giving it some serious thought, I bit the bullet and tracked myself down a SL Superion and a FP kit.

If any 3rd party group does end up remaking either/both Superion and Bruticus, it will be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar down the line.

Honestly, do yourself a favor and grab a FP Brut, or the FP Explorer and Munitioner sets if you already have the original combaticons. I highly doubt you will regret it.

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

im waiting for a complete 3rd party bruticus. those hasbro bots dont do it for me...

8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    No. I've been "Bruticus'd" to death.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'm all for a new Bruticus. FP's upgrade looks great as a singular entity but it's hardly a definitive verison of the Combaticons outside of the two new molds. The three Energon molds aren't even passable representations of Brawl and Onslaught (Vortex is arguable) unless they're in vehicle mode. That's HUGE critera for me.

And hey, if someone else does a new Bruticus with well done updated Combaticons, FP's Collosus can still hang around as that pesky Bruticus that showed up in the cartoon even when the individual Combaticons were seen un combined ;) 

10. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm sad I never bought the set when it was on clearance and now really kicking myself after seeing everyone's images of Bruticus with the FP kits on them and I must say I am super jealous because I personally think it looks really good and somewhat close to the original G1 Bruticus. But with that being said I would always welcome a 3rd party Bruticus possibly do a reprint of the FP crossfire kits and then have FP just re-make the other 3 bots and have them resemble their G1 counterparts more closely with the correct colors too none of this clear plastic shit then I would gladly spend money to buy those bots also if they put them into a box set with say a pricetag of around $350-400 I would have no problem spending that much for the complete set.

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fansproject Colossus is amazing. Looks amazing and has a ton of playability and display options. Even if another came along, I don't know if I would purchase it.

However, if Fansproject wanted to update the Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex? I might be interested in that.

12. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I agree with these and the other comments about updating Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex to complement FansProject's Bruticus.

I also totally agree that a third-party should focus on Defensor, Menasor and all those other combiners that haven't been turned into third-party projects yet.

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I would bet a considerable amount of money that the three remaining combaticons are in some level of development at Fansproject. Further, barring some unforseen calamity, will one day be released alongside a reissue of Munitioner/Explorer.

It's an easy sell to the people who already bought Munitioner and Explorer, it's an easy sell to the people who missed out and aren't willing to go to the second hand market. People will whine that it's "unnecessary" but it'll sell like hotcakes. It absolutely makes business sense for them to do this- the only reason not to do it is if they personally simply were not interested in doing so. And obviously I can't speak to that with any degree of accuracy.

I've never heard of any rumblings that another third party was even considering a Bruticus attempt, my guess is because they reached the same conclusion I did and decided to focus their efforts elsewhere. They know that most third party collectors either have or want the Fansproject set and figure there's easier money to be made elsewhere.

That said, assuming my theory is correct, I'd hold off. The prices people are commanding for Bruticus are kind of dumb these days and it would be financial suicide for fansproject not to reissue munitioner and explorer alongside the three others. So if you follow my reasoning, your choice is either- pay $300-$500 for two awesome scouts and three energon bots (just saw a loose set go for $470 on ebay) or you can pay $300 later for the complete set (price is assumed based on previous releases- 4x$50 for the limbs, $100 for the torso)

Obviously you may reach a different conclusion, but I'm seriously considering dumping my bruti-bots while I can still triple my money and just go without for a while. Either Fansproject will step back up or a new Bruticus will eventually show up.

14. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

I hope there will be a proper Bruticus somehow, either 3rd party or official (there was that TT designer who said he'd love to do a MP combiner, I think he may even have specifically said Bruticus). With MP Sideswipe coming they could throw anything at us...

Fansproject Bruticus doesn't do anything for me (because of the rest of the figures - if FP did the other members I may reconsider) and WFC Bruticus is of no interest either (what makes the Combaticons appealing to me is the military Earth vehicles). So yeah, someone please have a go at a G1 Bruticus...

15. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'd settle for Dr. Wu or Renderform or any of the other Head guys doing proper heads for the 3 Hastak combaticon figures. Especially Onslaught.

16. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Good points. I actually sold my two FP Combaticons because I really didn't like the Hasbro components. It's a good time to be selling these. I'd rather wait for a completely new and coherent set by FP (even if it never comes) instead of a having a strange Frankensteined Bruticus. Too many other things to spend money on these days anyway.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I hope not. With Giant being in scale with FP Bruticus and the rumours on FP MEnasor and MT Computron out there, I am happy with the Bruticus we have.

I will assume that all 4 combiners will be the same height and I like some scale to my figures.

18. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Not to derail the thread, but I'm actually going to be a little annoyed if the rumored FP Menasor is in scale with Bruticus. The Stunticons represent a relatively unique opportunity to have Decepticons that are actually in alt mode scale with the Autobots. Only the battle chargers and ROTF Lockdown (if you count him) are presently in scale with 90% of the autobots. If they aren't deluxe cars/Ultra truck, I'm going to be a lot less interested.

That said, if they are deluxes, I will glare at Bruticus with distinct annoyance at his lack of scale (assuming I still own him). I guess I can just hope Hasbro comes out the rest of 'em as noncombiners.

At the very least it's less of a cut and dried issue for me. Of course I understand that different peoples collections have differently-sized menasor holes.

19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just sell your Bruticus to get over whatever your hangup is, and spend eternity pipe dreaming on FP doing a complete set which isn't happening.

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Considering Hasbro has a Bruticus planned for release, I highly doubt it.