(Will there be an) Animated Leader Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Eradicator94, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

I have heard rumors on other boards that there is going to be an Animated Leader Class Optimus Prime...is this true?

I really hope it is.

2. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think one is planned. There is a Supreme-class "Roll Out" Optimus Prime in the works though.

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Yeah, to keep things in scale, the biggest normal Ops would be the Voyager. Anyone looking for a big bot'll have to go after the Supreme Roll Out & Command Prime.

4. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

Damn. >.<

Well, I guess he one could come out in the future...right?

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They have yet to offer a full fire truck Optimus Prime like the show features, my guess is they'll eventually offer it, but with so many Primes spread out right now, it might be quite a ways down the line.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just after Leader Class Blackout :) 

7. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I dont really like leader class figs unless they are playsets or planetformers

Has anyone seen Rollout command optimus yet ??

8. Lord Chumley

Lord Chumley Well-Known Member

We want primes trailer, why they did not do 2 primes instead of all the ones with a bit here new and a bit there new. Thee should have been 2. 1 Voyager with no trailer, and a leader class with a trailer then everyone is happy, what are hasbro thinking. Where is his trailer and that silly gun on voyager does not count.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    They haven't done a full trailer because said attachment does nothing at all in the show. What they have done us is give us incredibly toon accurate figures of his Cybertronian and Earth mode forms in appropiate scales.

I still expect that there will be some kind of leader sized figure later on, however I don't imagine that will happen until either Optimus actually takes over leadership from Ultra Magnus or is upgraded to a bigger form that actualy makes use of the trailer somehow.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think as the show continues, we might see updated versions of all the cast. I feel that Leader Bulkhead might somehow appear in the show, cannons and all. I think Prowl, Bumblebee and Prime will all get powerups down the road of some sort, like how in TMNT's last season, Ninja Tribunal, the Turtles all got upgraded designs, abilities and weapons. Perhaps then we'll get a Leader Optimus Prime to reflect this powered up, enhanced Optimus.

Of course, we might just get more cool robots so I wouldn't count on it.

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm with the former theroy, I think as the show goes on and the toyline moves into later waves Hasbro will not want to have the core characters off the shelves. Upgrades all around seems very likely to me.

Heck, today's episode is Headmaster so we may even see Leader Bulkhead's show form in a few hours.

12. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

From waht I have seen (and orrect me if I am wrong) we do not need a OP leader class SCALE whise. He is slot smaller then Megatron an to me it seems the voyager is sort of in scale with the rest (leader Bulkhead, deluxe Prowl and bb).

But! A leader class op would rock nontheless

13. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

I dunno why I want a Leader Prime. Maybe because it may have an actual show accurate ax, a trailer, electronics, etc.

Maybe I just feel every Prime should have a leader figure. You know. Since he is the leader.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Having a figure in the same class as Unicron and Primus seems more than plenty to me.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I dunno, Leader class is a good way to show off realistic details, but the Animated guys are'nt based on realism so It may not work well

It would be cool though, Id still buy it

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

God I hope not. Well, rather, I probably wouldn't buy it. I'd much rather a Leader class version of Lugnut.
    Down the line, maybe (assuming it wasn't just a disproportionately large version of a trailer-less Prime, like the Roll out one).
    And I really wish they'd change the name of that pricepoint; it often makes way more sense for characters who aren't really in leadership positions (Bulkhead, Lugnut, Movie Blackout). I hate this mentality that only the leaders should have the biggest size class.

17. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

As was stated above. To be in scale with the series Prime would be comfortable as a Voyager. A leader class would be odd looking haveing him as tall as Bulkhead. Thats why I am glade they made a Leader class Bulkhead he is more in scale with the characters now.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes, actually. Quite a lot of him.

19. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well to be fair we've seen a lot of Prime figures in the Leader class that's at that scale but most of their bulk goes into a base mode or a super mode, either of which would be cool for a release later down the line after the deluxe, voyager, and ROaC versions have run their course.