will there be a tf4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Losty, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

I have a feeling there wont be, Megatron, Starscream, Iron Hide, Soundwave all dead?

2. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    reboot with a new director most likely.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a fact but a rumor someone who's worked on TF told me...Spielberg will direct it. Hope so but if it's not a reboot it's not going to be promising unless....Megs gets a reformat.

4. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

yeah I dunno, I just really cant see them making another one, I really hope they reboot because it will re open all the doors again, shit they did it with Spider man and Hulk not long after...

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hulk was done right, it was a reboot but not a dismissal of the ang lee stuff.

The biggest problem with tf was I believe no one laid out a trilogy. It was make it up as you go. I think after Spielberg is done with "robopocolypse" he'll have cut his teeth on robots and there will be enough time for a reboot.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only reason why I don't want a Reboot is because I don't want them to sack ILM and Steve Jablonsky and replace them, which is something they'd probably do.

7. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I am wondering what all can the matrix resurrect. Only Primes? Only bots with a spark still intact? Its power could lead to a sequel.

8. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I doubt they would reboot it, the toys are selling too well and this franchise is established in the publics mind now. Plus they'd have to redo the whole introduction of the Transformers and Cybertron, which would be pointless.

A prequel/sequel (with new characters) seems much more likely, just with a new director and lead character. Either another live action one or maybe even a full CGI animated film like TF: Prime.

9. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. It would also cost them alot of money to redesign all the Transformers.

10. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

There will be a fourth and a fifth and a straight to DVD sixth. I guess what I'm saying is that the franchise will dilute with every money making sequel.

11. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

With the "main event" over and all the heavy hitters on the Decepticon side dead, continuing the story would be hard without a tonal shift.

Maybe if the Autobots disbanded and spread throughout our planet to different nations and such, a smaller group of pissed off Cybertronians (well i mean look at their homeworld...) could infiltrate and start draining the planet of resources in a more early-G1 manner. That would lead to "smaller" plots and more opportunities for suspense and characterization, and take the franchise in a new direction.

It'd be a hard sell to moviemakers, but I think the general population might enjoy it now that the deathgasm that was DoTM is over.

Either that or wait half a decade and do a full reboot, Dark Knight style.

12. Specialton

Specialton Member

I think if they do a sequel, they could use Unicron, Galvatron and the other 2006 Decepticons as villians. I still believe we have a reboot coming though.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's very unlikely that ILM would be lost with a reboot because ILM and Weta are about the only special effects companies that could handle such a special effects heavy film. Even if the designs changed to something more affordable that doesn't mean ILM isn't one of the first places a production would look for their CGI.

Although I do find it funny that the cartoons have rebooted themselves time and time again over the years. TV finds ways to reboot old TV shows. It's becoming the trend in Hollywood to reboot film series in some way but people want to cling to the Bay style of Transformers like it's the only way to do Transformers.

14. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But they would definitely kick Steve Jablonsky, which would suck. We aren't clinging to it, we just hate friggin reboots. It's not like you couldn't save or improve these movies.

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I dont know how they will come up with a 4th instalment when you have some of the main core dead: Megatron, Starscream, Sentinal Prime, Shockwave, Soundwave and Ironhide dead

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If there's going to be a reboot, they should wait at least 10 years. Give the movies time to fade from the general movie goers memory.

17. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

"I dont know how they will come up with a 4th instalment when you have some of the main core dead: Megatron, Starscream, Sentinal Prime, Shockwave, Soundwave and Ironhide dead"

This. Especially since they never got a chance to show their true character, no, scrap that, ANY character at all in some of them.

Comments like: "Q was a cool character" really piss me off. Have we become so brain-dead and satisfied with the crumbs we get that we consider a Transformer with 3 lines "a good character portrayal"? Gimme a freakin' break.

We need someone who will give us (good / solid) portrayal of the Tformers. I constantly hear things like: "It's too expensive." What's so expensive in showing Ironhide JUST MOVING HIS MOUTH in a close-up shot? Surely a lot cheaper than giving us an overwhelming amount of explosions and CGI f***fests which became almost gibberish due to extraordinary amounts of detail? I'm not bashing the movies, but I sincerely believe that the "less is more" rule is most definitely true in this case.

Hasbro wants to sell toys, but they don't need to cram 40 Transformers in one film with 10 seconds of screentime for 30 of them. They already release toys of characters they never appeared in the film during its release, and they sell. Don't put Soundwave in if you don't intend to utilize him properly and / or respect his fanbase.

/rant

18. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm kinda torn, a reboot after a bit of a break (3-5 years) would be nice. But then again I truly believe the "Bayverse" could still have some legs with a new director at the helm and a interesting script.

19. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

If a reboot is done, I hope the TF designs look more like what they did before the movie was made.

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Hasbro will keep on making Transformers movies until a movie flops, which then would mean a few years delay, then more movies again.
    I am pretty sure Hasbro is already looking for the next director for TF4. So far, Transformers movies make tons of money by advertising the toys and also car models which are usually Autobots. Most car companies probably don't like their cars to be the villains. The Decepticons tend to be flying machines or military vehicles or construction vehicles.

There are still many Autobots that can be used for tf4-tf6 by just looking at the first 3 seasons of Transformers.

With a dead Megatron, it is now a good opportunity to transition to other main villains like Galvatron, Zarak, Unicron, etc.

For Decepticons, can use maybe seekers for tf4, more military vehicles and combaticons for tf5, insecticon pets vs dinobot pets, more decepticon pet beasts, pet trypticon vs omega supreme for tf6.