Will there be a special Collectors Edition?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

You know how some games like Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 came out with a special edition of the game with bonus content, a concept art book, all nicely packaged in a collectable tin case (Which every fucking store in RI sold out of within a month before release :banghead: )

I've become addicted to buying all of the special editions now. It's always the "2 disc collectors special edition with hours of bonus content" now with movies and games :lol 

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Noone knows yet, but maybe later on today or tomorrow news of what's to come will be tagged on to the end of the new trailer due up at gttv.com.

My fingers are crossed.

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Fuck I hope so.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I already have WFC paid for almost,I still owe about $4,then when that sucker is released
    June 24th,I am so getting it at midnight and playing it all night on my 360.Jeez I can't wait,
    and also the special Shockwave add on make it even better.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I dunno. Something's telling me all we're gonna get is Shockwave, but I hope I'm wrong. It would be very nice if there was all all out collectors edition, like some games have.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

You think the GameStop version that contains Shockwave can be considered a Special Edition?

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Special Edition? Yes. Special Collectors Edition? No.

8. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

Aw, no love for the PS3 and Shockwave. Oh, well. I rather have quality instead of an extra.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Preorder bonuses and Special Collectors Editions are two different things.

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I wish, but Transformers probably isn't important enough to get a special edition.

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Exactly. We also don't even know how good or bad this game will be yet, regardless of how awesome it appears as of now.

12. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    IMO, Transformers has never been MORE important as it is now.

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Most likely.... not.

Only the ridiculously highly anticipated games get those. WFC may be good, but we are really the only anticipaters (Us TF fans)

14. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    If it came with a figure, I'd even pay $30 extra.

15. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I hope there is. I can picture it now: A nice metallic box...

16. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I don't quite understand the sentiment behind a special edition being out of the question due to lack of popularity/importance or the fact the major grouping of people anticipating being Transformers fans. I'm not claiming Transformers is the most popular thing in all the world, but this idea that the only people on the planet Earth that give a damn about the property are a handful of individuals posting messages on a handful of fansites is rediculous. I had to wade through this mentality constantly at the movie's message board, and the only thing that temporarily shut it up was the Bayformers box office numbers. I don't quite know how to break to folks any clearer, but Transformers are very popular worldwide. For the past two & a half decades its been building fanbases of all types with each series and nostalgic string-tug. If you can read a gaming magazine, you can see how anticipated this game is. Bioshock had no established fanbase when it was released, as far as I'm currently aware, and it had it's own special edition. And did you know games like 'Two Worlds', 'Dark Messiah: Might and Magic', and 'Lost Planet: Extreme Condition' received Special Editions? I didn't, because I'd never heard of them until I just did a Google search to see the types of games that generally get such things. Yes, a big gaming name will ensure a S.E., but given the popularity of Transformers, I see absolutely no logical reason to rule out a Special Edition.

17. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Actually i disagree. There's a good chance that it'll have a collector's edition. Mass Effect 1 (yes, 1, not 2) had a collector's edition that a lot of people slept on and now it's nearly impossible to find at a good price, as far as collector's edition games go.

Demons Souls also got a collector's edition, and that's a VERY niche role-playing game.

batman arkham asylum got a collector's edition even though it followed Dark Knight by more than a year

bioshock 1 had a collector's edition too and it was almost a sleeper title until word got around

I say the odds are very good that War for Cybertron gets a collector's edition.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    If there is, I probably won't buy it.