will there be a cartoon AFTER the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KA, Aug 13, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i know i sound like i'm jumping the gun here, but i was thinking abt the future of TFs after the movie, and besides more toys, it occured to me, what with the conclusion of the unicron trilogy AKA amd-eng-cyb, i wonder whats the next direction for TF cartoon series?

phew. (that was a long ass entence.)

thoughts?

:duel 

There was absolutely no reason to throw in a sexual statement in the beginning of this thread. You know better than that. - 2005 Admins

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Something loosely based on the movie - designed to fill the gap (see keep toy sales up) until the second movie is released.

3. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Think X-Mex Evolution: a cartoon following the movie (first one), that is VERY loosely tied to it.

For them not to have a cartoon following the movie would be insane. Of course, way back when the movie was first announced, there were knuckleheads who said that there wouldn't be a corresponding toyline, so you may get a couple of people saying that a cartoon will be a longshot.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would say that, if the movie does really well, There will be another Cartoon, and toyline, or even perhaps a cartoon for classic's, with the toyline expanding alongside.

Or on the other end of the spectrum, the movie flops, and Has-Tak decides that TF's just arent a profit maker anymore, and stops the whole thing.

I sorely hope it's not anything near the latter.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm pretty sure there will be cartoon and toyline post movie. its just a matter whether itll go back to japan and be done as an anime import (like currently) or a stateside studio might wanna take it up this time around.

it could be something to tie in with the movie, but i like your idea of using the classics line. then we'd see more classics. yay!

NM dude, whats TMI?

edit: ah, too much info. how ironic. nevermore admitting to too much info. oh noes i broke the nevermore! :( 

6. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

If it's like most movie-tie-in-cartoons, it'll be written in the west and animated in the east.

TMI = Too much information. But for the record, I've used thoughts of TF's for the very same reason: baseball holds not interest for me.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

It's slang for "Too much info"

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Will there be a cartoon? Definately

Will it be psuedo-G1 like the film or Classics? Hard to say, at this point, between the Armada trilogy and Classics, not to mention alts and Titanium, G1 homages have been done to death. About the only major characters that haven't been properly updated at some point have been Ironhide, Ratchet, any Insecticons, and debatedly, the Dinobots, along with several cars and minicars.

I really think the team is giving serious thought on a new TF direction, with new characters

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Whatever they make, I hope it is better then the last three that i only could stomach so much of. The last s how that I liked was RID.hopefully it will be made by maineframe.

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Ka, I hope you washed your hand afterwards.

11. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

no.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ten to one... we'll see a new show come out after the movie. Who's to say what direction it will go in.

Begin Rant:But, personally, I've had enough of the half-assing of the last couple of series. If you're going to not redo the original than don't... do something like BW that's a complete departure. Stop using G1 designs and calling them homages because you can't think of anything else. Make it all new or do something with the original. I think that's one of the reasons I'm most looking forward to the movie... the designs will be very very different from anything we've seen before I'm sure.

And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a G1 Classics show, but make it a continuation of the original cartoon or something. Don't do a "redux" because that's just lame... there's a reason He-Man failed when it came out. The Unicron trilogy was a bad idea for a design team that kept saying that they wanted to not redo G1. Since, while not redoing G1, it reallied too much on reusing old ideas... even though it did them in a somewhat new fashion. However, I've had enough of characters that aren't quit that character you know, because they're new... either give us new or give us old... stop using the original as a crutch!End Rant

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I agree with you completely. That is what made beast wars so great. It was new, and after it established itself on it's own merrit, then they tied back to the original. Not like the new stuff that just seems like old with new randomly thrown in.

Personally, I would like to see a story line connecting G1 to BW. That middle ground that wasn't ever really gone into that great of depth. Like, what caused them to upgrade into maximals and predacons. Stuff like that would be very interesting to me at least.

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

If there's gonna be a new show, I'd like to see one connected with G1 mythology...

And what about a War Whithin animated series?

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No sexual discussion in TFGD guys. Seriously. I don't want to have to remove you guys for being unable to discuss a cartoon without mentioning sex, but I will if I have to.

16. GL_Rayner

GL_Rayner Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To honestly think that they won't have a cartoon following Cybertron is ridiculous. I think it will be based off the Classic Line coming out in the fall. They want to appeal to the younger market, not just the collectors. What better way to do that than a Cartoon based on the Classics line?! Now the question is will they do it justice or come out with some hot-garbage? Only time will tell

17. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Don't worry, Transformers is a cornerstone brand for Hasbro.

There's no way they're going to scrub the line, it's been too steady a seller over the years.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, something like that would be great and along the lines of what I'm talking about. Of course, something entirely new that didn't mention anything from any other series would be really nice too. And that includes not doing any homages in the line in my mind also. Just my two cents though.

19. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Hasbro has repeatedly said that there will NOT be a new cartoon next year. All attendtion will be on the movie. Keep in mind that not only will the film have its big push around April/May, but there will likely be another right before Christmas for the DVD. Classics is a filler line to keep new Transformers products on the shelves in the inerim between the end of Cybertron and the push for the movie line, if you really want a cartoon with it, watch G1.

But how much of that was the result of fans bitching for their nostalgia? Something that popped up every other week before Alternators and Energon was someone saying "Man, why can't Hasbro remake G1 with all of today's tech?"
    Hell, Beast Wars was largely reviled initially because it wasn't "the fans'" Transformer line

A matter of perspective is in order, just because a few thousand old fans recognize various homages in a series, doesn't mean kids will. For the kids introduced in Rid, Armada, or even Energon, characters like Rodimus, Shockwave, Wheeljack/Downshift, Soundwave, Quickmix, or even the BWX line are NEW characters to them. The original series is only a crutch if you KNOW there is an "original series"

And as stated again, and again, and again, the core reason behind the modern He-Man's failure had nothing to do with its design or being a mere redux. It was Mattel's overpacking of He-Man/Skeletor and failure to properly distribute the line. In 2002, He-Man did VERY well and the cartoon got solid ratings right up until Mattel pulled the plug.

In the grand scheme of things, a line's success and failure is about more than whether it rehashes stuff from 20 years ago. The core audience for such a line today weren't even born yet.

20. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I think there will be a cartoon after the movie that will be loosely based on the movie. It would be nice to see a G1 continuation of some kind so those of us that still want G1 remakes like Classics can get them. I do believe that some time back that Hasbro stated that the next cartoon would be made in the West, so maybe Mainframe could get the rights to a new show. After the rumors that Armada was going to be a G1 tie-in maybe we will finally get one.