Will there be a Beast Wars Comeback?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Sep 11, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    we just got that in animated

2. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah but one i want a beast wars version but a new mold

3. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Well, We know Rhinox will most probably be a part of Classics 3.0 & with Lio Convoy being homaged in the not-too-distant future, I'd luv to see HasTak doing homages to other BW II & Neo characters as well - Can you imagine a BW II Galvatron with less kibble, A Big Convoy who isn't as bad of a shellformer but how could you improve on the all-around bad-ass-ness that is Magmatron? :D  How about some new BW gestalts featuring brand new characters? I could go on & on... :) 

4. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    What the hell are they? Robots in Disguise. It doesn't matter if it's in the skin of a cheetah, a velociraptor, or the fiber glass of a corvette or a peterbilt, they are all Transformers.

I don't understand why the Beastformers scared away a lot of people.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd buy them if they were released in my country.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd love to see beast wars return with g1 characters as the beasts. like Lio convoy in it instead of optimus primal.

7. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

For me it wasn't so much the Beastformers themselves but the story. I really hated how things evolved; Pax Cybertronia and all that...yuk. For me the story never went like that *happy in my own head-verse weee*

As for a new line of these figures it's all about sales and I just don't see them sell as well as the other figures. I guess they could release some as part of a Universe-like line and see how they'd do. I would never buy them but there are fans out there and if I can get my fix so should they.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Because in a lot of our opinions, they were garbage. I also thought that at the end of G1. They just didn't look as good. Yea, they may have had more articulation, but they were missing a lot of the detail in the overall look to me (mainly in bot mode). They just wern't my thing, but if they were yours, I hope you get some reissues, cause it leaves less for me to spend money on.

But I think Universe proved that they do not have as big of a market, considering how few releases they got. Hell, the Energon/Cybertron stuff even got a ton of repaints reused in the line. As I stated, the only Universe Deluxes still around are Dinos and Cheetors. There have also been Beast Wars RHs sitting on the shelf at my local Fred Meyer for a couple months at 60% off, so I don't think I am alone in not the only one who gets it. Car-Puzzle-Robot goes a long way when a lot of us got hotwheels cars before anything else. Heck, we all look forward to our 16th birthday and first car, or dream of flying an airplane like our dad may have done. Maybe if I had played with ants and flys, I would have more interest, but they just look goofy to me, and the toys looked cheap in bot mode.

9. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

I want to see an universe Rattrap and Terrorsaur as well.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see the toys ever getting a re release. I think the best you will get is a contination through the uni line.

Beast wars is a new one for me. I only watched it 6 months ago, when it first came out i was at the age of partys and girls and to be honest I was one of the truck not monkey group for a long time. After watching it though it really grew on me.

As for prices and I'm talking loose stuff I have 2 words, ball joints! I have gone through so many bots just to complete one. Most g1 are pretty well held together. From BW onwards they were so easy to destroy and loose bits.

11. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, well, I'm not asking for a new show or a new line. I just hope they won't abandon the concept entirely. Sure, make more G1 toys, I love them as well, but maybe just sneak in 2-3 beast characters once in a while. Or make them a subline. They don't have to replace the main vehicle line.

12. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

They didn't "scare" me,I just didn't like them. I probably wouldn't be interested in any organic Transformer,let alone the floppy kibbley messes most BW toys were.