Will there be a Beast Wars Comeback?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, I'm new here so please bear with me if I posted wrongly or anything. I was introduced to Transformers through Beast Wars, watching the shows as a kid. I wasn't that lucky last time, it was hard to buy the toys which were expensive. I remember being so proud of my favorite store-bought toys: Silverbolt, Inferno, and eventually the Fox Kids repaint of Rhinox. I loved my Dinobot and Cheetor as well, but those were second-hand, given by my cousin.

Now, I've started to try collecting all those I couldn't before. However, as can be seen, E-bay prices are skyrocket high! Do you think Hasbro will revisit the Beast Era anytime soon? I don't mind simple repaints or re-releases, (Hey I was satisfied with the Fox Kids repaints!) as it'll be available at the mass market at more affordable prices.

The Universe redesigns of Cheetor and Dinobot weren't the best toys, but they were a good step, for anything Beast Era is good for me. I hope to see more in the future, but I've heard rumors that the Universe line has been cancelled. That's rather sad as it'll take away the very essence of Transformers (G1, Beast Era, and even the Unicron Trilogy). Thanks for commenting!

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wish the masterpiece line would visit different eras. a masterpiece anything predacon would rule!!!

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to have a masterpiece BW toy! Rattrap would be especially nice, given all the gadgets they could include as accessories.

4. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    he would be the last one id pick.most first season originals were pretty spot on except rhinox dinobot and terrorsaur. we got a new dinobot. rhinox is also getting a new mold when universe comes back. and terrorsaur had the coolest design to begin with. he gets my vote

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Well, the first time Beast Wars happened I lost interest in Transformers for about 10 years, so I sure hope it doesn't make a comeback.

If they did some Beast Wars'ish stuff in an Animated sequel series or something.. I wouldn't complain.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    To each their own, but I completely agree with you. I wasn't into Transformers at the time, but when I would pass through the toy section during that era, I would always think "what the hell are these?", but I guess it depends on the generation that you grew up in. Every time a thread like this comes up, I have to look at the Beast galleries on seibertron to see if I am missing something, and I still can't figure it out.

I would guess that we will see a couple more when/if Universe (or whatever they will call it) comes back, but if they sell anything like Cheetor and Dinobot, I wouldn't count on a lot of them. Only stores that still carry Universe in my area have nothing but Dinos and Cheetors.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Animated and Universe (including Robot Heroes) both gave significant nods to BW. That aside, we got the 10th Anniversary line in 2006. ROTF Stalker Scorponok is riddled with homeages to the Beast Wars portion of the franchise as well. I'd say we'll probably get a couple more if/when a Universe-ish line returns.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BW's was and is one very amazing show. I hope that someday some version of Beast Wars can return to Television. I grew up with G1 but BW's is... sorry to say it... the better show.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There is a Rhinox rumored for Universe 3.0, so maybe there will be more new BW molds for Universe 3.0?

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great comments! I do hope we get new molds soon, or at least re-releases of some of the characters. Even the 10th Anniversary Line is getting very expensive now.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Would love to see more Beast guys show up in the next Universe line. Cheetor was terrible but Dinobot was pretty decent. I really want to see a new Rhinox, Rattrap and Terrorsaur.

There's not much point in redoing Fuzors or Transmetal I/II dudes as they were all pretty much spot on show accurate.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If Beast Wars making a comeback I just want to seee a new femme Blackarachnia.

13. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Yes. Why is it that any time BW is mentioned online,almost everyone starts proclaiming it's greatness,and saying things like:
    But then when the Universe Cheetor and Dinobot come out,they collect dust on store shelves? Same thing with the Robot Heroes,stores near me are still stuck with tons of Cheetor/Blackarachnia RHs.

BW fans,if you want BW stuff to keep coming out,you've gotta put your money where your mouth is.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i know i bought both new universe BW molds and both new animated BW molds. Compared to g1, beast wars figures for the most part are quite affordable, but the figures that have had their molds lost (terrorsaur and expecially regular rattrap) are not on the cheap side

15. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I love Beast Wars! (mainly since I started with it) GeeWun is a lil TOO corney for me personaly. Any way I stick to this and no one can make me believe otherwise, Without Beast wars Transformers would STILL be F^#&ing Bricks, BWars made the designers think out of the box transformation wise, hence making transformers as a whole more complicated, we'd probably still have beasty Transformers (more the nod we get here and there-BA and Waspy) if it wasn't for all the death threats designers got after BeastMachines (which I still believe were 75% from geeWun fans) thats my peace on the subject..

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    a new universe rattrap and rhinox would be instant purchases as long as they aren't half assed like cheetor is.

while I would like a new beast wars show, I think vehicles just make more sense when it comes to robots in disguise. really though as long as the show is well written and is not based on the movie, I'll be happy

17. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Half of the transformations consisted of folding out legs and arms while keeping the animal shell on its back :lol  but with that said Beast Wars did save the Transformer franchise.

Now this is a very cool idea. But as far as Universe 3.0 . . . eh maybe we'll get a few more BW molds, but the line will be focused mostly on G1 I would think.

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

The one thing that surprises me the most about online fandom is how increasingly trendy it is to bash the original series. Gotta love it. Let's go back in time and stop Transformers G1 from being made,since we're huge fans of it's sequel!
    Yes,Beast Wars invented articulation. Come on,you seriously think that new lines of TFs made after Beast Wars wouldn't have had increased articulation? Even though EVERY modern version of a classic toyline has more articulation than it's predecessor?

G1 fans sent death threats over BM? That doesn't make any sense. If any threats were made,I would think they were from BW fans,upset that their show was taken in such a drastically new direction.

Anyway,as I was saying earlier,I don't think BW is a bad show,and I know it has it's fans out there. But there can't be that many of them because the toys don't move. Why should Hasbro make even more when stores are clogged with the existing ones?

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all very good points, there are hundreds of dinobots and cheetors everywhere here, and only one or two g1 universe figures, the sales numbers show for themselves, i think hasbro was basically testing the waters by releasing those two, see how well they sell, while having enough of what they did know would sell on the shelves next to them so they didn't loose money if they flopped.

so depending on how those figures actually did elsewhere, they might release more, but i kind of doubt there will be a new beast wars series/line out anytime soon. but maybe in a few years, you never know