Will the writer's strike affect TF Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by bw_rhinox, Dec 28, 2007.

1. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the writer's strike is going to have any affect on future airings of Transformers Animated?

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm going to go ahead and say that most of season one is already made.
    So if the strike does effect TF:A then it won't be for a long while.

3. Xython

Xython Thanks forall the fish

News Credits:
    Although the WGA is trying to add the animation writers to their motley crew, at the moment they are held by a different organization I believe.

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Of course it won't. The writing and voice work for seasons 1 and 2 were finished before SDCC, per David Kaye. And it goes without saying that most if not all of the animation for season 1 was finished by then, too.

--Moony

5. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With any luck, the strike will be over before they run out of completed episodes.

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It'd be nice if the amptp would just cave already and give writers what they deserve, but I'm not sure that the writing staff on this is part of the wga.

Animation writers don't have a union as far as I know, barring a select few. They also don't get the coverage they should get, among other issues. So for their benefit I hope it all goes well. The same can be said for reality writers who work 50 hour weeks with no overtime. The WGA is not looking to force them to join, it is looking for them to have better protection of their rights, offerings, and benefits. If they choose, they can join. But majorily it's an unprotected market, and the amptp would like to keep it that way. Why should 'silly cartoon writers' be treated as fairly as the others? Is how they feel. That needs to stop, and misinformation the amptp is trying to generate also needs to stop.

And yes, all 29 episodes have been animated.
    As far as I know, CN staffs no unionized shows too. The only one they have currently I'm aware of is Family Guy, and that's dependant on fox airing it first anyway. So it's a moot point. But yes, Seth Mcfarlane is on strike as well. Even Family Guy/American Dad is supporting it. As are the simpsons' writers. Those two are part of the WGA.

But animation writers have minimal to no health benefits, no dental, among other concerns majorily. Some are lucky and have better treatment, but it needs to be available more widespread. The few networks that do pay animation well with benefits won't air most of the stuff we enjoy. Just a few comedy heavy toons.

If the WGA is so evil in it's pursuits as some would have you believe, why is it the amptp that's being federally investigated for employee treatment, potential monopolies, including their push in the FCC to consolidate media outlets for a bigger hollywood monopoly than they already have?

7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Ah, I'm not to keen on what goes on in the television/movie industry.

I just know that I'll have T.V. back eventually, and if not I still have video games, comics and foreign television.

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I want TV back too. T_T

But I do hope they get what they deserve, I'd rather my support is actually going to where it should.

I hope it ends soon though, if not the industry may have to prep for SAG on strike too. On top of the other groups that are getting fed up with how the AMPTP treats them.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT. Animation writers are not on strike.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Non-Union ones aren't. As they have no union to keep them from being fired for doing so. Seth mcfarlane(family guy/american dad), and the simpsons' writers are. As are others that are in the union.

It varies show to show.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for the emphasis

Even if the writers were to strike, we have 2 seasons of voicework, and most likely by now 2 seasons of animation too.

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Yup the 26 episodes ordered, and 1 special.
    26 breaks down to 13 episode seasons. Now if they have more, I'd love to see the release on that, as I only caught the one for the initial order of 26 +special.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Your non-prime time cartoons are safe since the writers for these shows are not part of the union. So for example things like Transformers, Venture Brothers, Ninja Turtles and the like are safe. One of the bright spots in the whole thing that at least we will have cartoons which oddly enough seem to be getting better writing these days.

Video games are also safe since they don't have writers union either so if you looking for something like the next Bioshock there is no danger of the game getting put on hold for the strike.

Yes it bites for TV if you enjoy things like Heroes, and it's starting to look bad now for the '09 movies but everything is not lost yet, just big live action TV, the prime time big cartoons, and movies. But at least we have smaller TV, cartoons, games, comics and books to fall back on for entertainment.

14. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

As much as I'm for the WGA's cause, I have to admit, part of me wishes I could drive by the protestors, flip them off and yell "Thanks to you, we're getting even more reality TV! Thanks a lot!" ^^;

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Why they dont just give in to the protestors? They are losing money with this shit..

16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NBC had to pay back at least $10 million dollars to advertisers for not generating enough viewers thanks to the strike, and the deal the WGA is asking for would only have cost NBC/Universal about $7.44 million.

It's a d*ck measuring contest to the AMPTP at this point, not a rational position.