Will The Twins be in TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Omega Charge, Dec 19, 2009.

1. just1nj

just1nj pro genji

The giggle and fist pound they did right after that made it more funny.

2. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Hasbro wasn't too happy about the controversy surrounding them. That's all I have to say.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The way I see it, it could end up one of three ways.

One: Bay is very much a rebel. He obviously doesn't like being told what to do, so there is always the possibility that despite the controversy, if he wants the Twins in TF3, they're going to be in TF3.

Two: Because the Twins are considered as the "Jar Jar's" of the films, it's possible they'll be treated in the same way, in where they will show up in the next film, but only very briefly.

Three:
    This.

4. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    If Bay continues his level of attention to detail taken so far (i.e. not much) then I wouldn't be surprised to the see most of the new autobots introduced in ROTF to inexplicably disappear for good, or be relegated to some brief background shots whilst he concentrates on what is 'cool and new' for this film.

Probably a giant decepticon made up of oil rigs and aircraft carriers that destroys the Empire State Building by firing a giant rocket out of it's bell-end. And it's called Shockwave.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could easily see it happening. We should start taking bets on this now.

As for the Twins and racism (even though they didn't bother me as much as I thought they might) wasn't there something about a taco comment to Leo that was race-related? I didn't understand it myself but it was just something I read in a post here.

I'd like to see the Twins take on a new culture in the next film. Forget hip hop or street or whatever it was they were supposed to be, I wanna see them become 70s disco characters. :) 

6. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If it were up to me they would be killed off brutally... but I would bet that there is an almost a 100% chance they will be returning. Next to Bee and Prime, they are most likely the most memorable characters. Megatron and Starscream may come close, but they don't generate nearly as much of a buzz. On top of that, Bay likes them, and will probably stick them in to "go against" critics.

As much as it pains me to say this, they also have a great deal of character development (at least compared to 99% of the other bots). Finally, and this is purely from what I have heard and seen, kids like them. My nephew is obsessed with them, and he and his friends could quote Skids and Mudflap all day long (which isn't really a good thing, but true none the less). One of his friends talks about how I am missing HA Skids every. single. time. he sees my TF shelf.

7. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I hope they don't. I didn't like them. I wasn't offended by them, I just hated them. -shrug-

If Bay wants Twins, he should just get Sunstreaker in the movie.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno - it was more like we knew the 'type' of characters they are (scrapping squabbling arguing siblings and sorta 'innit' streety type kids) from a few lines of dialogue and how they acted and people probably filled in the rest themselves from knowing what that kind of character is like. The writers dropped in a few very recognisable character points and it just clicked in more peoples' heads than needing to be shown as much on the screen. As for actual development of them during the movie though I didn't see it. They were pretty much the same from their first scene to their last. Maybe if Mudflap had got killed by Devastator and Skids had to deal with that (beyond just the 'He got eated' line and then Mudflap almost immediately shooting his way out of Devastator's head) or we'd seen the Twins after the final battle and they'd acted a bit more mature because of having just gone through this big event it might've been called development, but as it stands, not really.

9. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    they'll probably be in it, but die in an explosion 30 seconds into the movie

10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

That's cause they're a pussy...

11. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Given that Orci and Kurtzman themselves believed the twins were in extremely poor taste, and those two are no longer on the production team...I think Bay will go hogwild this time around. He'll hire writers that don't hold back his "vision," rewrite everything minutes before shooting, and make Buddy Hackett look like the model of PC entertainment by the time he's done. So yes, more of everything his fans enjoy, and more power to them if that's their thing. Honestly, I'm a believer that even offensive comedy can be funny. The Twins, however, I think most will agree were more Mencia (or Jeff Dunham) than Chappelle. Different strokes.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    yes, they'll be back..

13. Autobot1000

Autobot1000 Daddybot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    most likely they'll be back, just hopefully not for long

14. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Well

God I hope not or I'm going to kill :bay 

15. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Well maybe not so bad at all as just backround characters. but still they are anoying.

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I hope they are. I really liked the twins, and I hope they will be back. I'm sure they will be, but I doubt they will have as much screen time if there are more characters being introduced.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I couldn't care either way.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I guess you could make the case that Hasbro could very well push for more new characters to sell more toys, and given the uproar over the Twins, they'd push for them to be replaced in the movie

19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Strangely, it wasn't their characterisation that bugged me, rather their head designs.

While, I'd prefer Ratchet or Sideswipe get the limelight, the Twins can stay as long as they get rid of Leo. Now he was annoying.

I'm not really a fan of Movie Ironhide either.

20. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I liked them... but I honestly hope that they don't get as much screentime as they did in ROTF. We've established their characters, so lets move on to better and cooler robots (Jolt and Sideswipe, for example).