Will the TFCC ever have an Alt exclusive????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by freezowave, Apr 5, 2007.

1. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Previously, I had heard that Hasbro made it difficult to have exclusives for a line that is currently running. Well, now that the Alt line is officially "on hiatus" does it improve the odds of an Alt exclusive for BotCon or the TFCC?

By looking at previous Alt/Bt exclusives combined with the fervor in which people collect this line (and what they will pay to complete their run) it seems that it would be like printing money. I have disliked exclusives in the past, but if it would allow for my Alt army to grow I would be all for it. The only hurdle I could see would be with licensing, however, Hot Wheel (and other die-casts) do exclusives all the time of licensed vehicles)

From existing molds (maybe some new heads, ala Astrotrain) they could do:
    Hoist (Alt Prime)
    Trailbreaker/Breaker (Alt Prime/Swindle)
    Inferno (Swindle)
    Steeljaw (Ravage 2.0)
    Tigertron (Either Ravage)
    Soundwave (Skids or Grimlock)
    Ironhide (Skids)
    Stunticons (any of a variety)
    Arcee (Mirage)
    Hot Rod (Mirage)

The list could go on and on. Just look at the kitbash forum. To me it seems like it would be a no-brainer for Master Collector. Then again I could be just another sad Alt collector who is in disbelief that the best line of TF's ever is coming to a close:( 

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frenzy would also be a good pick.

3. freezowave

Funny, he was the first one I thought of, and I forgot to include him.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    After the fiasco with Nemesis Prime, I think it'd be in everybody's best interest if they didn't make any Alt exclusives like that anymore...
    But Steeljaw from the new Ravage would work out nicely IMO.
    DN

5. freezowave

Yeah it was a fiasco with the Nemesis Prime, but that was Hasbro's fault. If anything it shows how feverish collectors of this line are if they had the power to meal hasbro's servers. Plus at this point I'd rather have to leap through hoops than have no more Alt's.

It would surely increase membership if it was a member's only deal.

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I would probably join just for an Alt exclusive (assuming I like it). I definitely would if it was Arcee, Ironhide, or Steeljaw.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave is full of win.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Agreed.

From Nemesis Prime, agreed.

I personally would prefer that they don't do Inferno at all if it means making him a jeep.

That seems to make the most sense for obvious reasons, but I still think Ironhide could be squeezed out of the Alt Prime mode. I think he should have mass & stature befitting of his name, and I just don't see it with the Skids mold.

For the sake of just getting them done, I'll also add that I would absolutely take repaints of Jazz/Meister to get Bumblebee & Cliffjumper, a repaint & hardtop remold of Hound/Swindle/Rollbar to get Brawn, and a repaint of Prowl to get a proper North American version of Red Alert (ie: steering wheel on the correct side). Just wish there was a way of including Ratchet somewhere, but none of the current Alt molds really allow for an ambulance upgrade.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I would love the Stunticons....end of story.

And I would love for them to be like a street racing group or something. I think that would fit their persona's well.

10. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I don't imagine Hasbro is jumping to start up alts again anytime soon (as much as I'd enjoy that). I also think Frenzy would be a good choice for next year. If a mainline deluxe costs so much I wonder how much more an Alt exclusive would be...

11. tapestry100

tapestry100 poke a badger w/a spoon TFW2005 Supporter

huh - i was just thinking about this too on my way home from work

i just picked up rumble yesterday, and thought that the club would probably be the best place to release a frenzy through - it would be easy enough as being a straight repaint, but the logistics of it actually happening as an exclusive are far from easy, i'm sure

12. freezowave

It would probably cost about the same as Astrotrain did, and I bet an Alt would have much better sell through. I wouldn't care if they skipped on the fancy box work either if it would save a few bills.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    After the sucess of Nemisi Prime we might see one at Comic con, but who knows

14. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    HABRO! please give the CAMARO and SOLSTICE an ALT treatment! exclusive or not.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Remember there's licensing fees when it comes to using Alts because of their real vehicle alt. modes. It'll be even harder to do it next year because the cars will be even more out dated.
    DN

16. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I think it would be a great idea, it would be a cool club exclusive as long as they made enough of them. I think that the Nemesis Prime showed them how well a Alt exclusive could do....and if we get retooled ones they would sell better.

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It's already been stated by Brian that they can't do Alternator Club Exclusives because of the licensing fees.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Well, as I recall, it was more along the lines of "all things are possible, but are fans willing to pay what it would cost?" I think the licensing fees would make an Alt exclusive rather prohibitive.

19. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Eh...I just can't shake the feeling that an Alt club exclusive would end up being more trouble than it's worth on both sides, even after what happened with Nemesis Prime. Plus it'd probably cost so much to get the license to use a real vehicle just for the toy that you wouldn't be able to incorporate the character into any comics - at least with the unspecific design of the Classics molds, they still have that kind of flexibility.

I don't want to see Alternators fade away either, but it wouldn't break my heart not seeing another Alt exclusive.

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    if that ever happened I'd probably be as mad as Phazer is over the current con set