Will the target exclusives space case and jazz be worth money someday?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Jul 21, 2011.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Curious if they will go up in value, seeing as how they are packed 1 per 8 pack case. I picked up 2 space case last night, but was thinking about getting a couple to keep misb if they will appreciate in value.

EDIT: I am NOT a scalper. Far from it. check out my feedback if you want.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

It is impossible to predict future value because there are to many variables.

3. TacomaPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmmm. may have to pick a couple up then.

4. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'd say 90% of this stuff will be worthless.With everybody and their momma collecting MISB/MOSC now and days.You will have 1 or 2 peices that will gain value,but for the most part no.Don't invest in toys,get in the Stockmarket.

5. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Space Case might, might not. I'd go for probably not, since it's a toy based on a D-list character from G2. Were this a seeker packed 1 per case in only one exclusive wave, then yeah, but not something like Space Case.

Jazz, no, not with the 5 other versions of it available.

In a decade, these might go for $20-$30 MOSC

6. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    It's to early in the game to tell. If you recall last year, we thought the same thing about Terradive. We thought we weren't going to find him anywhere and he was going to become one of those rare pieces where we were going to be shelling out ebay prices, yadi yadi ya... but come to see of it, they shelfwarmed big time at the end of the HFTD line. Give it time...

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In a side-step way to answer your question, what TFTM or ROTF American release figures have gone up in value over the past few years? The only ones I can think of are TFTM Premium Blackout and Premium Ironhide (which I think just got knocked off because of DOTM Leader Ironhide). From what I remember they were released towards the end of the movie line and were horribly distributed.

So will Spacecase increase in value? Maybe. Maybe not. But my money is on ''Maybe not'' ;) 

8. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Holy crap, I had no idea Blackout and Ironhide from Premium went up that much. Wonder what I could get for my entire collection of sealed Premium series?

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If you want them to appreciate value, transformers toys are among the worse bet you can do.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Fracture is still up there too. And there are parallels between her and Space Case: store exclusive homage characters from a popular non-movie root mold.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  11. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Is it worth buying a second space case to maybe trade to someone who doesn't live near a Target? Yes. Is it worth buying all the Space Cases you see in hopes of sending your kid to college? No, and that's a dick move.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Space Case is only one per case?

Glad I stumbled upon him Saturday then.

13. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

yeah seriously, i have no problem with people buying few extras here and there and hoping to sell it later for trade or small profit, but if your whole life is going to be buying up tons of toys you don't even care and hoping to sell them for double cost, at least do it properly like a real business, get a business license, pay for real storage space instead of your cigarette smoked basement and pay your taxes. most of these scalpers can't really make any real profits if they actually run it like legit business.

14. TacomaPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    jeez. I just wanted to buy 1, maybe 2 and give 1 to a friend. Calm down dude.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If that were so why do you care if they appreciate in value, if you are giving one away and buying maybe 1 or 2?

16. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the money just isn't there. Even something that goes up in value hardly ever gets over $100. That's a $15 toy that you paid storage, tax, mental energy on and you might get $100 for it in a couple years. Even the most expensive single mass produced toy isn't worth all that much.

My advice: Invest in oil.

17. TacomaPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because if I go to sell them later and they are gonna lose value, I'll just get what I normally get and not worry about it. Whats wrong with maybe at some point down the road wondering if I could make a few bucks off of them. Like people don't do that with G1 stuff.

Don't lump me in with the scalpers. I've helped plenty of members on here and locally get hard to find figures without making a dime! In fact, when I ship them, I usually end up losing money.

18. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    Space Case peaked around $25-$30 last week, but with it being more easily available in the stores at the moment, the price has dropped some. In a few more weeks when they're all gone the Ebay prices should increase again, at least back to the $30 range. Wouldn't be a huge profit, but it'd probably be worth having one or two to use as trade bait.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Listen to this man.

20. Syn3sthesia

Syn3sthesia Well-Known Member

Yeah sure. Buy all of them.